VIN waiting time (after you get notice)?

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
What has been the waiting time after you get the notice saying you are waiting for Vin number.
Sponsored

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
If you look at the owners tracker on this site, you can see what it is at various weeks - but so far it’s slowly creeping up to as much as 81+ days from order to delivery. VIN issue date is not being tracked.

so
- Reservation (2019)
- Order date
VIN issued (not tracked)
- Delivery date

OP
OP

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
If you look at the owners tracker on this site, you can see what it is at various weeks - but so far it’s slowly creeping up to as much as 81+ days from order to delivery. VIN issue date is not being tracked.

so
- Reservation (2019)
- Order date
VIN issued (not tracked)
- Delivery date
I would assume because we are on the East Coast in particular in New Jersey if might be even longer.

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I would assume because we are on the East Coast in particular in New Jersey if might be even longer.
sadly yes - I am losing faith. Still have hope.

I DID get surveys like others for PowerShare for powerwall etc so at least I’m on their “radar”…

based on 81 day metric, I should get vin (I pray) within 10 days….

Will dutifully wait - and since very few deliveries in East - who knows….

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
when did you place your order (me 1/11) and where is your delivery center? (Me Princeton)

OP
OP

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
Princeton Also

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
My credit offer expired, I immediately re applied and now it just says approval pending. When I first applied for credit 67 days ago I was approved within minutes. Should I be concerned :). Also everything is screwed up on the balance sheet and credit application because they already withdrew my final payment 60 days ago and the system can’t seem to deal with that situation in the credit application.

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My credit offer expired, I immediately re applied and now it just says approval pending. When I first applied for credit 67 days ago I was approved within minutes. Should I be concerned :). Also everything is screwed up on the balance sheet and credit application because they already withdrew my final payment 60 days ago and the system can’t seem to deal with that situation in the credit application.
I had a similar situation…
Did you reapply under same terms? (60 month vs 48 etc?)
That seemed to be a thing…

Also - did you HAVE to give final payment? My state I can wait till delivery date or soon before.

I would have not advised you make final payment till AT LEAST delivery date if not after seeing the actual truck…

Hope it works out!

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Also - somewhat irresponsible to ask for loan pre-approval more than 30 days before delivery bc every time you reapply and they check your credit it’s a ping on your credit which is not ideal…

OP
OP

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
I had to re-apply also but it did come back immediately.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Also - did you HAVE to give final payment? My state I can wait till delivery date or soon before.
No, I didn’t understand that they would withdrawal it immediately. I made the bad assumption I was just configuring the payment method details and it would go through at delivery.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Also - somewhat irresponsible to ask for loan pre-approval more than 30 days before delivery bc every time you reapply and they check your credit it’s a ping on your credit which is not ideal…
The app tells you to complete your delivery steps ASAP to not delay delivery. It doesn't say the loan downpayment will immediately be withdrawn. It doesn't tell you to wait until a VIN is assigned to apply. It just says do the thing now, and then they (tesla) aren't smart enough to not run it through until the appropriate time.

Given how hard it is to contact anyone who knows anything at tesla, this is strictly a tesla issue. Not an end user issue. They should not have the app say to finish pre delivery steps asap, if that's not the correct thing to do.

OP
OP

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
The app tells you to complete your delivery steps ASAP to not delay delivery. It doesn't say the loan downpayment will immediately be withdrawn. It doesn't tell you to wait until a VIN is assigned to apply. It just says do the thing now, and then they (tesla) aren't smart enough to not run it through until the appropriate time.

Given how hard it is to contact anyone who knows anything at tesla, this is strictly a tesla issue. Not an end user issue. They should not have the app say to finish pre delivery steps asap, if that's not the correct thing to do.
I called Tesla finance and was told there is no reason to do anything until you have Vin number but I did do everything up to final payment. I did not do that.

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

totally agree AGordon. Not your fault- it should be clearer. Hope it all works out.

Give it time on the app - sometimes they take extra step of employment verification or something…
Sponsored