Does paying in full get you a VIN sooner?

Known-Background

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Once I had a Tesla rep tell me when I was waiting for my Y, way early first year of Y production, that changing my order to pay in full would get my vin sooner.at the time I was waiting for the first batch of seven seaters.

I wish we knew if the people with Trucks now took out loans or not. I might switch mine.
Sponsored

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm paying Tesla cash with check from Navy. I get VIN , Navy hands me check with invoice amount. I give ck to Tesla. It's cash to them.

Luxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
My Rep actually told me NOT to pay when I am prompted in the app because it won't do anything to your order and its best to wait until you get there and see the truck etc.

OP
OP
Known-Background

Known-Background

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I don't think you can pay before you're assigned a VIN. 🤷🏽
What I meant was saying cash as an option rather than selecting financing/loan. This happens after you get your order offer email and accept a build and pay the 1000 deposit. In the app while you begin to check off the task boxes to complete the purchase the third step is entering your purchasing plans whether financing or paying in full. I was once told selecting pay in full, not actually sending a payment that is like a few steps later which don’t open until you get a VIN, gets you a vin faster.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
What I meant was saying cash as an option rather than selecting financing/loan. This happens after you get your order offer email and accept a build and pay the 1000 deposit. In the app while you begin to check off the task boxes to complete the purchase the third step is entering your purchasing plans whether financing or paying in full. I was once told selecting pay in full, not actually sending a payment that is like a few steps later which don’t open until you get a VIN, gets you a vin faster.
Shouldn't make a difference.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
I seem to have had a glitch in my app and it let me submit my final payment the last week of December for my cyber beast dec 8 order. Still no VIN lol
Same, I finalized payment 1/9 and they withdrew it 1/12, I have no vin as of 1/29. Wasn’t a glitch they enabled final payment after you completed trade in and financing steps.
Sponsored