Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Highlander, 10 GL450, 03 Vette, 69 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any guess on how many you might have saw there? My 30 day loan application (after VIN was assigned and I had to complete the finance section to move forward with the order) expires on Sunday. It’s be nice for buyer’s not to have another hard hit on their credit just because Tesla couldn’t better estimate deliveries.
I counted five today. They were in the lot closer to the sales side of the building. Might have been more behind the building, but I didn’t go back there.
Sponsored

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Had to run an errand on Highway 99 so stopped by the Lynnwood SC. You’re right, several there and all in need of detailing. Including one parked out front “apparently” ready for delivery with the name of the new owner on the dash. Looked like a quick spray and wipe and that’s it. Black trim/bumpers had a few dirt streaks or small scratches, and the tonneau cover was very dirty. Stainless panels had water spots and, in the sun, there were visible swirl marks.

I’ll admit I am pretty picky when it comes to the appearance of my vehicles, and I’m sure the staff there is stressed to move these vehicles. Someone else may find it acceptable. However, if I’m paying north of $100k I would expect it to glisten.

On a positive note, panel alignment/gaps looked good. Only glaring thing I saw (outside the lack of cleanliness) was the front passenger frunk corner was maybe an eighth inch lower than the top edge of the fender. Hopefully that’s an easy adjustment because those edges/corners can be sharp.

And, the accelerator pedal rivet looked well done (which makes me wonder: when the replacement pedal is ready, can we keep the one with the rivet? I’d like to frame it.).
They should at least drive it north on 99 a block or 2 and hit that Brown Bear car wash.

OP
OP

Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Harley said he knows someone taking delivery tomorrow 4/24.
And someone was taking delivery today based on the CT I saw staged next to the front door of the SC with the new owner’s name printed on a placard on the dash.

OP
OP

Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That’s great. I was told today they ran out of parts and it may take another 1-2 weeks even though my truck is here. I am not sure what to believe anymore. It will happen when it will happen.
The amount of misinformation is stunning.

Jamezam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2021 Model Y, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired military and government
Country flag
Tesla literally does not care about customer service anymore. The techs are great, but the advisors are not very helpful, imo…

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Model X
Country flag
That’s great. I was told today they ran out of parts and it may take another 1-2 weeks even though my truck is here. I am not sure what to believe anymore. It will happen when it will happen.
I’d ask for clarification on what parts are they waiting for? Was something dinged during transport??

Jamezam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I did - they ran out of rivets, was what I was told. I could only laugh!
Let them know that Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace Hardware, probably carry rivets. 😂

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Model X
Country flag
I did - they ran out of rivets, was what I was told. I could only laugh!
Do they not know that Tacoma screw is right down the street? They might have a few blind rivets in stock. Of course that level of local autonomy is frowned upon by corporate process.

justG0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model Y
Country flag
I did offer to get one from Home Depot, but they said they have to follow it to exact spec and they are not allowed to deviate at all from what they need to use. I think this is what got them into this mess to begin with, so I don't think they will deviate from the specified process at this point.

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
I got a similar reply through the in-app chat.

Tesla Cybertruck WA waiting game Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 10.03.18 AM

Jamezam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just sad 😢 I wish I would’ve held off on payment to see if they would be more motivated to actually deliver our Cybertruck’s! What parts? Rivets?

Tesla advisers are becoming more disappointing every year!

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
Just sad 😢 I wish I would’ve held off on payment to see if they would be more motivated to actually deliver our Cybertruck’s! What parts? Rivets?

Tesla advisers are becoming more disappointing every year!
I wonder if it’s just rivets or something else too. I assume my truck is in WA now. At this point With the lack of delays and limited responses, I’ll just wait for a notification to schedule delivery.

That’s just wrong how they’ve taken full payment from buyers like yourself. I bet they would have figured out ways to get these delivered already if we were at the end of a quarter.
Sponsored