Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your compression needs serious help, or more likely you have some peculiar prejudice to the smaller Cybertruck that’s in the works, and now Elon’s given a definitive cool name to it. :cool:

Here’s what ELON said specifically. From 2.44 - 2.46 of the presentation at Battery Day 22/9/2020.

Elon Musk : " We are designing the CT to meet the American Spec,

Cos if you try to design a car to meet the Global spec . . . the super set of global requirements, it basically . . .

YOU CANT MAKE THE CYBERTRUCK, ITS IMPOSSIBLE . So it really is designed for the American market. . .

And then I think for . . . we’ll probably make an international version of Cybertruck, kind of smaller,

like a tighter Wolverine Package.

It’ll still be cooler, but it’ll be smaller cos you just can’t make a giant truck like that for most markets, so yep its gonna be great. "
That's what I meant by project their working on. He's mentioned a smaller version of the CT before.

I cottoned to the Wolverine name too. Very fitting. The Europeans need a CT too!
Sponsored

Reactions: Geo

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Since you have already confirmed the full size Cybertruck we’ve put a deposit down for is NOT able to meet O.S. regulations...
No, he did not. He just said it won't meet some countries' regulations.

Some countries don't allow big trucks. So it won't be sold there. Some countries do, and it will probably be sold there.

*eyeroll*

-Crissa

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Oh yeah . . . . . "Wolverine Cybertruck" coming to Europe and Australia

and every other country that is subject to European Regulations. :love:

( Oh, and America too as the mid size Cybertruck.
Bonus for America, 2 choices )

P.S. And while I'm happy the full size one made for America will "kick ass"
for all those who want it, someone reassure Crissa she'll have the full size version in absolutely every market she wants it in. And don't stress, Elon was lying when he said " You cant make the Cybertruck its impossible "
to be made for the European Market.

I could try to rationally explain that its not primarily the size of the Cybertruck that makes it unable to be sold in Europe and Australia for instance.
Large vehicles, the size of the Cybertruck most definitely are available in those markets.
Its ALL the European vehicle regulations that its subject too, that as ELON has confirmed "its impossible for it to pass", but something tells me it won't register.

In fact I'd suggest, its pretty ridiculous for a country to not allow a truck to be sold because of its size ! And really its quite small as far as "Trucks" are concerned !!
But according to Crissa they're out there !!
Must be one of those out of the way country's Borat with his Mankini comes from :ROFLMAO:

Post Edit.

For anybody's reference In ELON's own words, time stamp 2hrs 44min. - 2hrs 46 min.
in Battery day presentation 22/9/20 (Q & A)

And Daily Drive podcast part 2, August 3, 2020. Time Stamp 15.00 to 15.55

Elon : " It doesn't comply with the EU spec. But that's ok we can always build a smaller truck that does comply with EU . . . "

https://www.autonews.com/weekend-dr...-2020-one-one-elon-musk-part-2-third-us-plant

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, Geo, if full-sized American trucks are available somewhere, it's likely the Cybertruck will, too.

If they aren't - and they aren't available everywhere on the globe - then they won't be.

I don't see why you have so much trouble with this.

'global' is everywhere, even places you can't buy a Ford F-150. But it also includes places that you can buy one.

Nowhere did he say it wouldn't be available. You keep latching on to him saying there are places that 'Cybertruck' or 'American trucks' are impossible to homologate. Well, yes, because those places exist.

He specifically says that there are markets that it won't be able to be sold in - and then you jump to the conclusion that must mean every non-US market. But that's not what he said.

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I mean, they can sell the full size ct anywhere, of course changing it slightly for regulations.
But I think the real issue is what the vehicle is classified as. I'm sure in most European countries it would be considered a commercial vehicle (or whatever the equivalent is) which of course is subject to more rules and taxes.

So I think elon was saying... in order to sell it to everyone as a regular vehicle they will need to make a different version. Which should be self evident

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Truck Electric, I wanted to thank you for posting the pictures (especially the CT and quad) of the vehicles at the event. Nice to see the comparison in size as well.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Truck Electric, I wanted to thank you for posting the pictures (especially the CT and quad) of the vehicles at the event. Nice to see the comparison in size as well.
I wish I could take credit but it wasn't me. The Administrator did those I think.

The reason there are two videos is the Admin put text that said there would be a YT video of the event as soon as it was available.

I was watching for the video and didn't see one so I put one there and then a few minutes later the Admin put another video up plus the pics.

Last edited:

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I wish I could take credit but it wasn't me. The Administrator did those I think.

The reason there are two videos is the Admin put text that said there would be a YT video of the event as soon as it was available.

I was watching for the video and didn't see one so I put one there and then a few minutes later the Admin put another video up plus the pics.
Thanks Admin!!! But on a side note I try to follow every news articles that involves Tesla/Elon but yet I miss some until I run across something new here from you so thanks!

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
Even in the EU, car rules vary from country to country and even city to city. If you can buy an American full or mid-sized truck now, you probably will get the full-sized Cybertruck. If you can't buy an American truck, you won't.
@Crissa
You are rigth, but if a (cyber)truck has been licensed in one EU Part, like more than a few million Full size trucks, e.g. F250- RAM etc.. roaming the streets here today, you can drive them throught out the rest of Europe.
That is called "Freedom of Movement for peopel and goods".

Any sencible person will not take a big car where it does not fit, the others will get stuck , then fined and won't do it again.

For many decades it was normal to import a car (full size pickup), that was not sold in Europe by the OEM, from the US and get it streetlegal for your country (Change headlights, turn indicators, etc).

I did this with a E-150 ECONLINE conversion Van and a Chevy K1500 my self. Both not smale cars...
It just takes time and effort.
This process got much more complicated as the EU got more and more strict emission regulations.....
For a electric car this is a mute point though.

To make my point if Tesla does not deliver the truck I ordered and payed for to Germany, I will get it myself !:mad:
Then make a long road trip around the USA and ship it to its rightfull place.:)
Get it licensed.....
sell it and get the next one (allready ordered that one too).

I bet you there are hundrets of like minded people across Europe.

Those people will not get a Model Y if the feel they need a Cybertruck.....o_O
And I do not want a tiny fury wolverine.....?

The next part might be better put in a new tread, but I do not want to make the wall street horses shy away....

Has any body noticed that the new structural batterypack at the presentation (at app. 2:50) is shown joining a front and rear aluminum single casting.......:unsure: ?

That is definatedly a model 3 or Y !! It will probably have the new cell / BFC ? inside.....

For me listening to ELON:
"the new cell is for the Cybertruck, Semi and Roaster"
all not curently produced.....
but remembering him saying (during his last stay at GiGaBerlin)
"whatch out for the model Y from Berlin. This will be e revolution in car design"
and seeing the same sentence as a Headline over the structurall batterypack.
? It made me shiver.

In the new factory design lay out shown the 8 Gigapresses are set like the foundations at GiGaBerlin are.....
Elon said "we will be producing cells there too"​

THIS WAS MY PERSONAL TESLA OSBORN MOMENT......

Actually I was about to buy a Model Y to tide me over until the Cybertruck will be delivered.
But I stopped just one click before compleeting the purchase, to wait for Battery day.

It would have been delivered early in 2021 (from China? GiGaBerlin will not be fully operational by then).

Now I will "wait and see" how the chips fall. I might be not allone with this observation.

My prediction:
The new cell / batterypack desgin will be implemented much sooner.
The old cell design will be continued (in Freemont, China) for a while to fullfill the contracts with the supplyers.
A 56% Cost reduction will be implemented asap, first at GiGaBerlin (then Austin and Shanghai).
This will pave the way for lower model 3 and Y prices. Increasing demand.
In Germany EV subsidies will end after 2021.
TESLA will have no problem with that.... VW etc. will have.

The next 3 years will be even more exciting than the last decade.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I'm still wrapping my head around how significant all the changes are, this is HUGE! Some article's calling this tech vaporware.. morons.. Tesla LITERALLY producing them now. Glad wall street wasn't impressed.. gonna buy some more stock :cool:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The main reason CT probably doesn't meet EU spec is that it will have a GVM over 3.5 metric tons. That means you need a heavier drivers licence in most of EU to drive it. In Oz we can drive up to 4.5ton so it will be fine. Most of the other ADRs should be fine for the CT. The size is otherwise a non-issue except for less convenient manoeuvring.

What I'm hoping for is that our luxury car tax gets abolished here by then, which we don't need anymore considering we don't have a car industry anymore anyway. If not then we should be able to get as a commercial vehicle (tray and payload) and claim the GST back too.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I'm still wrapping my head around how significant all the changes are, this is HUGE! Some article's calling this tech vaporware.. morons.. Tesla LITERALLY producing them now. Glad wall street wasn't impressed.. gonna buy some more stock :cool:
Would be interested in finding out what company you use for a broker? Schwab charges 65% maintenance fee for TSLA. I have considered Robinhood and a couple of others. Thanks

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Would be interested in finding out what company you use for a broker? Schwab charges 65% maintenance fee for TSLA. I have considered Robinhood and a couple of others. Thanks
I use Robinhood. I have since it became available. Relatively good program but I wouldn't use it if I was someone who did day trading. Also I really just use it for Investments into Tesla.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Etoro works well and only have withdrawal fees.