Welcome to Q4 2023! Will this be the quarter / month of the Cybertruck?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I see a lot of Cybertruck validation still happening.

Only insiders know where the Cybertruck stands with crash testing and EPA certification. No COC (Certificate Of Conformity), no retail sales.

I would not be surprised if Delivery Day was delayed until November 21st. It would be exactly 4-years after the Cybertruck livestream reveal.

F26F1C5C-0B3F-4F9E-ACF5-3FEFF73D1F60.jpeg
and that would be very, very sad (if they delay the delivery event to be exactly 4 years from the unveiling) - like that is something to be celebrated :-(
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I’m well aware we can get $100 back - that’s not my point

My point is it now being October it’s technically another miss / broken promise by Tesla. Getting old and poor form for Tesla.

This thread says, get ready for October,… Based on what?
It is indeed frustrating but we screwed up and trusted Elon when he said late Q3 or early Q4 knowing full well that he has no calendar sense whatsoever. Elon is a "it will be done when it is done" kind of guy and we are living in a "when the fuck will it be done" kind of world :-(

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Ok, let me offer another perspective. Rather than take what he said and interpret it the way I’d LIKE to, let me break it down a little more literally.

”The CyberTruck handover…will hopefully be around the end of Q3 this year.

Ok, so what he DIDN’T say was “The CT deliveries will start BEFORE the end of Q3 this year.”

What he DID say: He HOPED the handover event would be AROUND the end of Q3. It wasn’t a promise, or a guarantee, it was a hope, and his hope specifically. And the timeframe for said “hope” was AROUND the end of Q3. So somewhere around Sept 30. Since he framed it in the terms of a quarter, I don’t think it is too hard to give him +/- half a quarter (6 weeks) to be AROUND that date. You may think +/- 30 days is more accurate, and you might be right. However, he gave a general term, which is not specifically bounded. But everyone (here and the media) want to give him +ZERO and -everything. I think that anytime between Aug 15 and Nov 15 is “AROUND” the end of the quarter. Be fair, give him as much latitude on the plus side as you would have accepted on the minus side. And again, it wasn’t a promise, or a guarantee, or a no doubt about it, or any kind of commitment, it was a hope.

Then in a later discussion, he said they would start deliveries when they were ready. This reminds me of a movie quote where a character said “I was told everything will be all right in the end. Therefore if everything is not all right, then it is not yet the end.” Using that concept, they are not yet late, because they are not yet ready.

OR, if you are the jealous or envious type and you hate successful people and want to tear them apart, then by all means, consider him late again.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The CT will be out, the 'model 2' will be out

And numerous additional Robotaxi models from various manufacturers employing the FSD license.

If Tesla wanted to appease 3rd qrt estimates, they could have EASILY delayed line upgrades by a week and overlapped the downtime between the 3rd and 4th qrts.

If Tesla wanted to release the CT in September, they could have EASILY handed over a dozen to insiders. Similar to what GM did with the Hummer, just a few to manage by perception.

As it is, we shareholders suffer in silence, but knowing the business plan takes precedence, and winners are the ones still standing in the end.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Uh no.
Not saying that at all. Point is quite simple: collecting $200 million in reservations for a product that was supposed to be delivered almost three years ago. Is poor form and calling out. Corporate governance is not at all a conspiracy theory or a stretch when you look at the practice at this scale.
We still don’t know, pricing or configuration or availability…

Are you all happy to have been waiting this long?
maybe you missed covid and building the factory and ordering the gjgapress?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Uh no.
Not saying that at all. Point is quite simple: collecting $200 million in reservations for a product that was supposed to be delivered almost three years ago. Is poor form and calling out. Corporate governance is not at all a conspiracy theory or a stretch when you look at the practice at this scale.
We still don’t know, pricing or configuration or availability…

Are you all happy to have been waiting this long?
delayed gratification.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Ok, let me offer another perspective. Rather than take what he said and interpret it the way I’d LIKE to, let me break it down a little more literally.

Ok, so what he DIDN’T say was “The CT deliveries will start BEFORE the end of Q3 this year.”

What he DID say: He HOPED the handover event would be AROUND the end of Q3. It wasn’t a promise, or a guarantee, it was a hope, and his hope specifically. And the timeframe for said “hope” was AROUND the end of Q3. So somewhere around Sept 30. Since he framed it in the terms of a quarter, I don’t think it is too hard to give him +/- half a quarter (6 weeks) to be AROUND that date. You may think +/- 30 days is more accurate, and you might be right. However, he gave a general term, which is not specifically bounded. But everyone (here and the media) want to give him +ZERO and -everything. I think that anytime between Aug 15 and Nov 15 is “AROUND” the end of the quarter. Be fair, give him as much latitude on the plus side as you would have accepted on the minus side. And again, it wasn’t a promise, or a guarantee, or a no doubt about it, or any kind of commitment, it was a hope.

Then in a later discussion, he said they would start deliveries when they were ready. This reminds me of a movie quote where a character said “I was told everything will be all right in the end. Therefore if everything is not all right, then it is not yet the end.” Using that concept, they are not yet late, because they are not yet ready.

OR, if you are the jealous or envious type and you hate successful people and want to tear them apart, then by all means, consider him late again.
How many times can someone be late before they are actually late? We aren’t going to live forever you know. The closer we get to an actual start of production the harder the wait becomes.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
How many times can someone be late before they are actually late? We aren’t going to live forever you know. The closer we get to an actual start of production the harder the wait becomes.
That’s the issue. He’s not actually late. Everyone heard what they wanted to hear, and not what he actually said. Now everyone is lamenting that he is late, when he is still in the window he described.

OP
OP
rudedawg78

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag

I am with you 100%. So many people on here said that Elon broke a "promise" when the Q3 delivery event didn't happen. Elon also stated that, "We are anticipating a delivery date, a great delivery date, probably in Q3."

At no time do I remember Elon promising anything when it comes to the delivery event and starting mass production.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
And the harder it becomes to put up with negative Nelly's.

NOTE: The positive Patrick's are at least on the positive side but also difficult to handle. Especially when they get to super fan-boy status.