What about a Three seater?

Deleted member 12457

The regular CT is supposed to have up to 16 " of clearance and raise or lower 4 inches. So in this case it would go from 65" tall up to the 73" you have here. That means baseline is 12", low/ highway mode is 8" and obviously max clearance 16".

I was mostly kidding about wanting a smaller truck with so much clearance, I have a Subaru right now with 8" of clearance which handles about 90% of my off road needs.

I'm probably in-line with you in reality. Even on the Cybertruck I'd be ok with smaller tires unless it looks like crap.
I started researching proper tire sizes for different weight trucks and gave up. The pinky principal is in effect with super-size tires so it doesn't matter what the proper size tire is anyway--bigger the better (for some people). I changed my 2013 Tacoma double cab off-road TRD tires to LT265/75R16 10PR load range E (couldn't find a speed rating) so I didn't blow out my tires when I was hauling heavy loads. My Tacoma might be a ton lighter than the CT so I can see why it needs stronger tires but diameter doesn't necessarily mean stronger or better tires. The wheel wells are sized for huge tires so putting in smaller tires would be embarrassing, except on certain low-riders. Adding even larger tires would affect clearance so having the correct size is what matters. Does the CT need huge, expensive tires? Maybe. We won't know until someone blows a tire while going near the speed limit. I'm sure the first thing some people will do on the 3-motor CT is to find some $2K/tire specialized drag tires to see what they can do.
Sponsored