What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I want to hitch up a caravan and do a 'Big Lap' ( Australia).

The Tri Motor with 800K reduced to say 400-500k with load will do the job, will be safe, and I can have my own power station wherever I go !

My only minor concern is the undue attention from the smart Alecs. But on the other side of the coin, there are also great people out there.

Right now , the East coast has good coverage, hopefully in a couple of years there will be recharge facilities( other than destination) linking all major cities.

Looking forward to meeting up with other Cybering Grey Nomads one day.
Sponsored

Timmo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
I decided to reserve the CT dual motor for my first EV solely on the 49k price. The specs and all the gizmos are a huge bonus. Now, I know it will qualify for an 8k rebate from what I under stand. If the price is north of 49k, deal is off for me. I’ll spend my $ on the Subaru Solterra for 40k and rebate of $12,500.00. There are Union made, new EV Toyota platform and will do the job in looking for. IF.. Tesla CT dual motor stays 49k with out FSD etc, the CT is mine! I’my number comes in 14k range in California so I have some time to compare

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
I thought the CT with it’s Lambo looks, killer speed, long range and Tesla engineering would start at $130K. When I heard Elon state the price I just could not believe it. I immediately ordered a tri-motor. Bonus is bulletproof lol !

4E420CF3-291B-41DB-92E4-6C3C512313AB.png
I wish I could go to Canada with a CT

Jim Polkowski

First Name
Jim P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Country flag
I decided to reserve the CT dual motor for my first EV solely on the 49k price. The specs and all the gizmos are a huge bonus. Now, I know it will qualify for an 8k rebate from what I under stand. If the price is north of 49k, deal is off for me. I’ll spend my $ on the Subaru Solterra for 40k and rebate of $12,500.00. There are Union made, new EV Toyota platform and will do the job in looking for. IF.. Tesla CT dual motor stays 49k with out FSD etc, the CT is mine! I’my number comes in 14k range in California so I have some time to compare
I'm in full agreement. My guess is the price will be at least $10000 more and maybe a $7500 rebate. It will be a very close decision and will be dependant on other EVs on the market and their cost. I have a Bolt now and it if a fun little car with good range. The CT would replace the Pacifica Van for hauling the grandkids and travel.

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
Reserved one on the original announcement day because it's pretty. Finding out later about the neato functionality has only made me more certain I want one.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Itchy balls ...

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
What made me buy was getting right against global warming using lifestyle choice to unburden future prodigy. We can’t ask other’s to stop unless we are setting the best example first.

Subtext beneath the cliché was price, price and price. My truck at 250k mi. needs replacing. Everything I need is standard on Cybertruck3. Che Ching…

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I tried a ford focus EV and was very disappointed. I know I wanted a EV as any future vehicle since I believe in science and global warming and I see the price of fuel as a ever rising cost that is just getting to be a bigger problem all the time. I at first thought the CT was too ugly. I am part of a military vehicle foundation and over time I saw in the CT lines grew on me.
The practicality of a truck that I will need to build my retirement home in the near future and the range and performance even of the single motor was attractive and it eventually decided to risk the $100. I have only deepened that feeling of desire as I learned more. I was always attracted to Tesla and thought it was going to be out of my reach financially. But at $40 I was in the zone.
I work in the Airline sector as a long time technician and now an inspector. I have seem metal and composite fabrication grow and change over the decades of my career. The Stainless Steel just makes sense to be, the aerodynamics also have real appeal.
All of this adds up to the CyberTruck. I just cant see buying another ICE vehicle, The current trucks ICE and EV I am seeing are just not enough change for me and the CT is what I am attracted to. I changed my preorder to a dual for the AWD and the small range addition. If I could get a LR Dual CT for under 65K I think I can manage that but much more and I will be priced out.

Tesla Cybertruck What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck? 2j40cn4us3341

VFRMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, 15.36 KW solar
Occupation
Associate Professor, Mathematics
Country flag
Range (500+ miles), price, utility, and stainless steel.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Stainless steel. It's like a Delorean on steroids, and a pickup too. Done.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
It’s the closest vehicle I could find to the Honda Civic I currently drive, but will have to eventually replace

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen C5, Ford Territory
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
At 72 now, in 3 years I expect the CT to be the only vehicle on the road that I can drive. Voice recognition, full self driving, autopilot.
Indestructible. That should make up for my tremor (can't use the touchscreens), and senility. Oh, and it is really long, but does that matter, as it is self-parking too? Dual motor: that should leave all the bad driver, senile oldtimers behind me.
And my shares should be worth more than enough not to miss the cost, drop a few and still keep a bundle for tradeup time. :))
So, I hit the button Christmas Day 2019.
76 already, still no truck. But I can still drive. Got myself a Model 3, sold it, got a Skoda Superb Scout, and a Mini Cooper S Roadster R59.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
ya, not getting any younger her too! 265K on the list. but waiting patiently.
Sponsored