Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Obviously we would all get one if it was ridiculously cheap, that's not what I'm asking. Also not asking what you think it will list for.. As we have no information to base that off of.

Given no specs and just going off your gut of what would get you to pull the trigger or not, what's that barrier price that makes you go, yes i will buy one. Or nope, this is not worth it?
Sponsored

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
My gut tells me I would find a use for it but not a significant use. I would say with it likely being 2WD I would feel comfortable at 4,500-5,000.

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
My gut tells me I would find a use for it but not a significant use. I would say with it likely being 2WD I would feel comfortable at 4,500-5,000.
I have absolutely no use for it living in the city, but have been debating what that price point would be for me to get it. Trying to convince myself of two things.. some bs casual fun taking trips a few hours away to ride it casually, or buying it as a collectors item. My gut says it's an irrational add-on and can't fathom going higher than 5k which is irrational itself. But if it's a limited thing that won't be mass produced, kinda makes no sense not to at or below that price.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Yes I can totally see where you are coming from. I live in a rural area and with that said my 40 acres sits deep into hilly tree covered terrain with only a few acres of pasture. A 4x4 model with plenty of ground clearance would suit me much better and I would be willing to pay much more for an atv that I would never again spill gasoline everywhere when refilling. But with the quad as shown I would still pay the 4500 to 5000 because I do like it and it would obviously go great with the CT.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
The spot where it would go, in the vault, is where my motorcycle will be, so not much use for it from me. $2000 might make it worth it for me? Maybe.

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The spot where it would go, in the vault, is where my motorcycle will be, so not much use for it from me. $2000 might make it worth it for me? Maybe.
That's also the rub for me. Tiny garage filled to the max with tools and 4 vintage Vespas. Getting that would take up almost all the space and require getting rid of almost all the vintage Vespas. Hard sell for me. And I'm looking for a sportster this winter :). But if it's limited, you know there are tons of Tesla fanboys who will desperately want that thing in 10 years!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'll probably buy it regardless. Play with it for a few weeks and if I don't love it... resell it for likely a small profit.

If it's under a couple grand, I'd buy it regardless. $4000+? Meh, don't have a use (resell).

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I'd probably buy it for $4,000-4,500. Or maybe, I might get lucky and pick one up on the secondary market for $2,000. Yeah, that's the ticket.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am not a buyer at any realistic cost due to not having a need for the unit. The demographic I fall in does not think ill of the quad, cannot since there are no details, we are just not buyers due to no need.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I see the quad much like the flame-thrower, or any number of other side projects which Tesla has used to make bit of side cash. It's a toy project they will likely outsource to some third party.

Much like their tequila, flame thrower, and a dozen other vanity/ branded products, it will be over-priced and highly sought after in the resale/ secondary market. So $8k... maybe.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A Zero Motorcycle with the same capability is $11k new.
I didn't realize they'd released specs. I was considering it would be much less capable than the Zero. Maybe closer to the Sur Ron or some of the other budget E Motors.
Sponsored