Wheel Lug Pattern?

Deleted member 3316

What if…. The brakes compressed the air which gets used to raise and lower the portal axle and fill the tires?

What if, they also charged up the SpaceX cold gas thrusters?
Gets too hot…
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lives2TruckAround

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
But that's neither a portal axle nor inboard brakes. It's a tire inflation system.

-Crissa
In order to have any type of tire inflation system you can’t have a normal rotating tire because all the mechanics of the compressor and hoses would tangle with the rotation.

so my assumption would be they have to incorporate the portal axle and (might as well) inboard brakes while your at it into this patented system. There really isn’t another way without tangles of lines.

any way you look at it it’s gotta be a planetary gear system on some kind. If you do have some other way that’ll make it work then you should patent that and make millions because that would be a dope technology.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
In order to have any type of tire inflation system you can’t have a normal rotating tire because all the mechanics of the compressor and hoses would tangle with the rotation.
Maybe you need to read the patent. It just refers to using the axle as the conduit. A plain axle is a cylinder.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Lives2TruckAround

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Honestly, I can’t wait to see all this technology in the near future. If it’ll be introduced at all.

and I didn’t think you were pooing the ideas. It’s good to have different opinions and corrections of the like. I appreciate it all ?.

Plus, when I’m wrong I am wrong and I’ll own it for sure.

Deleted member 11233

This year, NASCAR ditched multi-lug nut wheels for wheels with only one central spinner type lug nut combined with indexing pins on the a spindle adapter to prevent the wheel spinning around on the spindle. They are having some growing pains with spinners and wheels not being properly indexed during pit stops, resulting in tire spinner nuts vibrating off and wheels with heavy tires departing from the race cars at speed.

This is old technology for some of the classic British sports cars, and it would be interesting to see something similar on the Cybertruck, with of course, a security locking spinner to prevent theft.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Lives2TruckAround

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This year, NASCAR ditched multi-lug nut wheels for wheels with only one central spinner type lug nut combined with indexing pins on the a spindle adapter to prevent the wheel spinning around on the spindle. They are having some growing pains with spinners and wheels not being properly indexed during pit stops, resulting in tire spinner nuts vibrating off and wheels with heavy tires departing from the race cars at speed.

This is old technology for some of the classic British sports cars, and it would be interesting to see something similar on the Cybertruck, with of course, a security locking spinner to prevent theft.
I don’t know enough about the subject to give a full stop on the idea because it sounds cool. For myself, I’d be worried most of the off-roading, overlanding, and street towing applications…. Would not be best suited for it.
But this is just me. I need to know more info

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I'm pretty sure my CT will be the only one with Cragar SS's on it.
At least I'll be able to pick it out in a parking lot full of CT's.
Tesla Cybertruck Wheel Lug Pattern? 1646724279778
Sponsored