Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
It's always surprising to me the number of restaurants that I go into that have seats that are slashed up.

That's how caring the average American public is, they have no problems slashing your seats with something in their pockets.

"Upholstery too fragile for everyday use" then hits social media even though it was a guy with a 6-inch knife that had sprung open.
True.... Picture a retractable low hanging "maintenance-size" keychain dangling from the waist.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Pretty much. I haven't cancelled officially, but I don't expect Tesla can turn around this train of continual disappointment. Probably cybertruck 2.0 for me
Oh, trust me, it will get better.

Since you haven't had a Tesla, go test drive one. If you want to use my link to get a test drive, feel free to https://ts.la/ed68138.
There's going to be a LOT of similarities between any of the cars and the Cybertruck, they were designed by the same time. I'm guessing a Model Y will be the closest to it, although the Model 3 is the same UI as well (The X an the S are slightly different UIs)
You don't even need to drive the performance, the slowest Tesla will impress you.
But it gives you a chance to see what this whole Tesla story is about. It's not just EVs, it's not just the cars, it's not just the performance. There's a whole ecosystem in these vehicles.
They are a horse of a different color. The Cybertruck is just a big-ass version.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I doubt range will be an issue. Are you seeing any range issues with the Lightning? There's 2 Superchargers in town, a lot more across the water and they get as thick as sardines headed south.

You are indeed in cold weather territory and want be seeing anything like rated range for a few months. Hopefully you have an EVSE already installed, may have to switch out the box, but that's pretty easy.
You may even get lucky and where you work have option for engine block heater outlets.. They are so excellent for EVs.

One of the nice things is that Ford designed the Lightning to look like the classic F-150. I'm sure that you have had a few people pull you over and talk about it.

That definitely won't be the case with the Cybertruck. I got (and periodically still do) got a lot when I got my Model 3. But that truck yells "stop and let me see it!!!"

But one thing that is often left out is the Tesla Traction Control.

There's a video from 5 years ago that I'd love to find. A guy takes his Model 3, lines it up in a clear path and floors it. The car just slowly starts out.

Here's one that may give a little insight. Notice that it is a RWD and each time he starts, he says that he FLOORS the vehicle. And near the end, he slams on the brakes going downhill.
Tesla Model 3 RWD Crazy Hill Test in Fresh Snow and Ice (youtube.com)

Tesla Traction Control is pretty awesome.
Winter range in my Lightning on the coldest days when I'm driving on the highway can be near 50% of stated range. My Model 3 does just a little better than that, but when it's around 0 degrees Fahrenheit, EV range gets killed. The good news is my daily commute is around 60 miles total, so it doesn't matter for me.

I have two Tesla Wall Connectors installed that are load sharing. My girlfriend and I work opposite shifts, so having to share the load is never an issue, the load sharing works really well.

The only time anyone asks my about the Lightning is when I open the frunk, then people always come over and wonder what I'm driving. Twice I have had people come over and offer to jumpstart my truck, they thought I was stranded. Other than that, I am pretty sure 99% of people don't even know it's an EV truck when they pass it.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
One gets spoiled with the room and functionality of a full sized truck, which in my opinion are second only to minivans
4-door Trucks ARE the new minivan.
Like 90% of pickups are sold with 4 doors these days.
Way more kids than work crews riding in that back row.

MyKidCouldDrawThat

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
Oh, trust me, it will get better.

Since you haven't had a Tesla, go test drive one. If you want to use my link to get a test drive, feel free to https://ts.la/ed68138.
There's going to be a LOT of similarities between any of the cars and the Cybertruck, they were designed by the same time. I'm guessing a Model Y will be the closest to it, although the Model 3 is the same UI as well (The X an the S are slightly different UIs)
You don't even need to drive the performance, the slowest Tesla will impress you.
But it gives you a chance to see what this whole Tesla story is about. It's not just EVs, it's not just the cars, it's not just the performance. There's a whole ecosystem in these vehicles.
They are a horse of a different color. The Cybertruck is just a big-ass version.
I've driven all of them but the Y, I used to do valet parking so I've pretty much driven a little of everything. Been a fan and stock holder for many years, just don't buy cars often. My ICE vehicles are paid off and have worked fine for longer than expected.

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS.Impala.BMW335i.HD Road King.Fatboy
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
As a larger guy, no way I can buy any vehicle without trying it on for size so to speak.
Have not seen very many reviews of the interior of the CT from the point of view of roominess and fitting larger occupants. So far it sounds like its more of a mid-sized interior cabin size than "full-sized" as compared to legacy pickup trucks.

Experience with riding in and driving other Teslas also makes me concerned the CT will be similarly cramped for me.

One of my motivations for wanting a full-sized truck is the roominess of the cabin and the upright seating position you can have. So I am also concerned that even if I can fit, the seating position will need to be too reclined for my preference.
Check out stats posted couple of weeks ago.interior space is comparable to an avalanch..passenger area is close in size to tacoma..go sit in those at dealerships to see if your body would fit inside.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Pretty lame, Tesla should remove the stick from their ass. There's one just down the road in Portland i ain't bothering to look at, even though I have my Founders Edition invite. In fact, Tesla, I'm not buying until I get a test drive.

The whole pay2win Founders Edition BS is just as slimey as any old school dealership trick.

Although, as a stock holder, I do think it's genius and I approve.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Pretty lame, Tesla should remove the stick from their ass. There's one just down the road in Portland i ain't bothering to look at, even though I have my Founders Edition invite. In fact, Tesla, I'm not buying until I get a test drive.

The whole pay2win Founders Edition BS is just as slimey as any old school dealership trick.

Someone who would die to get the Foundation, just got a little happier moving up a spot.

MyKidCouldDrawThat

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
How much do we really benefit in stock price from this? Its too common to see companies auction off their good name for pennies. I'd rather make a little less money and be proud of owning a part of the company.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Blows my mind that at the dealerships we still can’t get close enough to the CT to get a better look. You would think that at the very least if you have a FS order in, they would let you check it out. Such BS. And the guy in the Charlotte Tesla was a complete tool. Wanted to punch his stupid face in.
Although I do not understand why Tesla won’t let everyone get into these showroom Cybertrucks, I take issue with anyone being treated differently than anyone else. FS orderers have gotten their reward already; put them at the back of the line to get inside a showroom model.

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag

Foundation series seems more like a standardized fully loaded truck to let the factory line practice and refine a fully optioned vehicle before they start making them in different variations. I don’t get why people think this is some money grab from Tesla. Tesla and others do this often with new models.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
Although I do not understand why Tesla won’t let everyone get into these showroom Cybertrucks, I take issue with anyone being treated differently than anyone else. FS orderers have gotten their reward already; put them at the back of the line to get inside a showroom model.
Not sure i agree with your logic. If anything, I just paid an additional 1K dollars and that should allow me to atleast sit in the truck over someone who only paid $100. That makes sense to me

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Not sure i agree with your logic. If anything, I just paid an additional 1K dollars and that should allow me to atleast sit in the truck over someone who only paid $100. That makes sense to me
Well then, you should be happy. NO ONE is allowed to sit in the showroom cars. There, perfectly "fair".

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You do not have to agree with me or even have a logic. I do not care what you paid. You got to order and I didn't. In every other way you and I are both humans so we all get to sit or no one gets to sit. That is how I see it. If I have a choice between you getting to go first and no one getting to go, I will choose the latter.

MyKidCouldDrawThat

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
There's going to be a LOT of similarities between any of the cars and the Cybertruck, they were designed by the same time.
As an update, Ryan Shaw (the Tesla YouTuber) just said in his review he's never driven anything like the cybertruck. So, one more reason requiring a test drive is valid. I don't know why Tesla couldn't have come up with the innovative plan of making 200 demo models before announcing they're ready to sell. They aren't even crunched for capital. The reason is they just dont care to give you the courtesy.
Sponsored