Why is Tesla in the lead in for the article. Two adults survive Tesla plunges 250 feet off California Cliff?

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I’d be down too 😁.
Sponsored

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've never been there, but it looks from video from the scene that the point of rest for the car was at the arrow below (looked to be just below the denuded slide path). Witness reports said they were driving south at a high rate of speed (from the direction of the paved parking lot) so I think a possible path was the yellow line. This route would help explain how the crash was survivable because of the bowl shape of the slope and inertia of the car, it would have tended to slow the deceleration to survivable levels because of the long path the car took. (Not taking anything away from the safety of Tesla vehicles) 👍
Possible crash path.jpg
Did you know about this: Dharmesh Patel, driver of Tesla that plunged off California cliff, arrested for attempted murder and child abuse - CBS News

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I wanted to give you a
1673014459546.png
but with the topic of attempted murder/suicide my "What's appropriate" filter wouldn't let it through.
Dharmesh A. Patel's best defense against the murder charge is: "If I had wanted to kill my family, why would I have driven a Tesla?"

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Lucky they weren't driving a Corolla

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I marked the end point and possible path of the car.

DS Crash.jpg
There's also pedestrian barricades, a fence (that keeps getting knocked down) and 'no stopping any time' signs as well as 'area closed'.

You have to really go out of your way to go off there, yet people do.

-Crissa

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered and two MB GLC
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I don't know why you have a problem with that. It goes to show how impressive Tesla is for safety. The make of a car is of interest when the occupants can survive a 250 ft dive off a cliff onto rocks. This article at NBC News also has Tesla in the title, A California family survived a 250-foot plunge off a cliff. Experts say luck and Tesla’s design kept them alive. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/luck-tesla-family-plunged-cliff-rcna64547

I used to say Volvo is the safest. I'm a personal injury lawyer and have only represented one client in a Volvo, but I believe Volvo's been passed by Tesla. I wrote about it on my website
https://newyorkseriousinjuryattorneys.com/safest-cars-to-drive/