Will the Cybertruck be allowed to drive in Europe?

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
I doubt it'll have much mainstream appeal trying a grey import
Grey imports are allways for the diehard , desperate maybe 3% .....
Some people think of them as the lunatics?

But there are a fact of life, maybe the spice of life?
Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I saw that. They haven't done it yet, tho, that I know of. No, Sweden is not.

-Crissa
Sweden is in the EU. Neighboring Norway is not.

But I still don’t know if these would be local Swedish regulations or if they will be harmonized across the EU. Would be very good for us CT-preorderers here though (Norway usually follows EU too).

In danger of whipping a dead horse, I agree with Crissa and for my own part do not think Tesla will prioritize building yet another truck, for use outside of the world’s biggest truck market (USA), as long as they are still “missing” the small “Model 2” type of car, which usually sells much more than trucks or anything in other markets across the world, incl Europe. The future pipeline is now refreshed S and X, Cybertruck, Roadster and Semi, new smaller EV... and Elon only said they *could* make a smaller Cybertruck if it wouldn’t meet regulation. I think that would be years away. Wouldn’t it make sense to sell a SUV too before that? And commercial Vans? Rivian has made great deals on that, and those two are vehicle types more popular all over.

I’m still hoping European bodies are sane and approve the CT as is. It’s not as if Tesla usually barely pass euro safety regulations up until now. It will probably be safe too.

In Norway you can “class down” trucks and SUVs to ordinary driving license (within limits) but then can’t load it as much as with a “heavier” license. Don’t know if that is a euro thing as well.

Last edited:

> spieltmit

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Highland - Cybertruck-reservation!
Occupation
Space nerd
Country flag
I wouldn't care if I would need a truck license, I would take a course and get it.
I worry that we still have to wait years before it comes to Europe at all.
Sponsored