Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The air suspension is height adjustable with damping. This is not airbag suspension like in a big truck. It uses a cylinder that can adjust the air pressure above and below the cylinder independently which means a jack stand should be sufficient to raise the wheel.
Sponsored

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
It's my policy to always have a spare tire in any vehicle I own. I omitted that from the other post. I would have a spare tire, low profile jack and my Earthquake impact driver with various sockets. I generally have a bag with other tools I might need too. Prob most of this stuff will fit in the various storage compartments without having to take up bed space.

OP
OP

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
‪CyberTruck Owners Club is discussing tire jacks. Since the CyberTruck has an air compressor why not build in air jacks similar to an Indy race car?‬
Yeah, the Mach 5 Cyber truck.

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
I was wondering recently, since the CT has air suspension with an 8" range, would we need anything other than a simplified jack stand to change a tire?
Interestingly, The Model X had a tire change/jack mode. Im certain that if its still present in the Model X, it will be in the cybertruck. Essentially the car would just lower the opposite wheels, and raise the other suspension. This cause the car to tilt so one wheel would be completely off the ground and could be serviced.

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
If there is a spare tire, where do you think they are going to store it? Or do you think they will just go with a tire repair kit and use the onboard compressor to re-inflate the tire until a replacement can be procured?

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
In a way, that is true (range, anyway). At 500 miles possible range, losing 100 miles is a "so what" in many cases. Now a Leaf, with 76 miles range losing 15 miles (approx. 20%) could mean the difference between making your round trip to work or being stranded.

Range anxiety ain't what it used to be. :)

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Seems like if the Air Suspension wasn't enough to get the jack stand level you wanted, you could provide additional lift with one of the off road air jacks since it would also serve the dual use of being usable for off road recovery situations. Here's an amazon link to an example.

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
With the RFT (run flat tire) ... never need a jack because I had a flat on 95 near Miami... and run through Jensen Beach at 60 MPH... and the day after I went to the tire store...!!! You can run up to 300 miles with a flat... Unbelievable... but real.
Did you see somewhere that the stock cybertruck tires are going to be Run-Flats? I'm also wondering how many guys in the off road community use run-flats? Im assuming there are some tradeoffs to using them, although I don' t personally have any experience with them on trucks, only Skid Steers, which we have had great luck with.

I am very interested in the new Bridgestone Run Flat concept.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
And how's your French?
Sponsored