Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Elon Musk : Tight Wolverine Cybertruck !

Hey Elon, please provide further details of the world market, Tight Wolverine Cybertruck you intrigued us with.

Since you have confirmed the full size Cybertruck we’ve put a deposit down for is “impossible” to meet European regulations and is not coming, it would really be nice to know some details about it including when it will be produced and any other details, perhaps dimensions ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
He didn't say it's never coming to Europe. Just that there are places globally that a full-sized truck isn't allowed. Some countries in the EU allow them and some don't.

The smaller Cybertruck is probably down there after 'cargo vehicle' and 'the $25k car'.

-Crissa

sk1d00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Holden VY SS Ute 2004, Volvo XC60 2009
Country flag
Nice,

I got the Rocky Horror reference :)

I think 'Tight Wolverine Cybertruck' is a cool placeholder name for what will ultimately be outside my house in the UK. Let's hope it comes by end of 2023 hopefully.

OP
OP

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Just as the Wolverine extends its claws,
it's been suggested perhaps the Wolverine Cybertruck will have something about it,
that extends and retracts ! Sounds Cool.

Will it be the truck bed ?

Will it be the rear seating ?

Will it be a large pass through between the cabin and the bed ?

Will it be a sunroof ?

Will it be a supplemental battery to extend range ?

Will it be something more along the lines of James Bond's Aston Martin . . . . Flame Throwers !

Does anyone think there's a chance it might be revealed around the time the Hummer EV is revealed, Oct 20th !

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just as the Wolverine extends its claws,
it's been suggested perhaps the Wolverine Cybertruck will have something about it,
that extends and retracts ! Sounds Cool.

Does anyone think there's a chance it might be revealed around the time the Hummer EV is revealed, Oct 20th !
Nope. They are working on CT. That and Semi are the priority. Wolverine CT and the economy EV are back burner projects right now and frankly, economy EV has a higher priority (IMO). Here’s why. They already have the CT in process. They are building an entire new giga factory to produce this vehicle. They’ve got about 1 million pre-orders for CT. Right now they’ve got their hands full with just trying to produce this vehicle and they have so much demand for it that spending time to implement a smaller version, which may take away sales from the North American version already designed, it would not make sense to dilute that yet. Musk specifically mentioned a $25,000 EV at Battery Day as a project they need to do. Wolverine was in response to a question.

Give the real cyber truck a couple of years of production before we see a mini version.

OP
OP

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Nope. They are working on CT. That and Semi are the priority. Wolverine CT and the economy EV are back burner projects right now and frankly, economy EV has a higher priority (IMO). Here’s why. They already have the CT in process. They are building an entire new giga factory to produce this vehicle. They’ve got about 1 million pre-orders for CT. Right now they’ve got their hands full with just trying to produce this vehicle and they have so much demand for it that spending time to implement a smaller version, which may take away sales from the North American version already designed, it would not make sense to dilute that yet. Musk specifically mentioned a $25,000 EV at Battery Day as a project they need to do. Wolverine was in response to a question.

Give the real cyber truck a couple of years of production before we see a mini version.
I agree with some of your points Jeff, but there is one big problem with the picture as you painted it.

Assuming the 1 million orders of Cybertruck, as you say, its been calculated that about 27% of those are coming from outside the U.S.

The fact that Tesla has collected deposits from reservation holders and categorically confirmed ;
A/ "its impossible for the Original Cybertruck to pass EU regulations, and
B/ They have a solution being the "World Market Wolverine Cybertruck"

Means they have to address those reservation holders very soon and they intend to, with a very good news alternative solution to put to them . . . . and if that doesn't suit those reservation holders they may choose to exercise their right and retract their reservation, get their full refund and be on their merry way.

I mean it would be pretty bad corporate governance, to have a scenario where reservation holders wait 2 years from now, 3 years from Nov 2019 Cybertruck Launch, to reveal the Wolverine Cybertruck, only to have the reservation holders then be in a position to judge it, determine its not suitable and then collect their money back. I think that would be a perfect way to piss people off, and not because of the little money they have vested, but because they were strung out for so long, for nothing !

I cant see Tesla doing that. I cant see them being that negligent and mindless. Especially as they have already got the solution at hand, the self evident World Market Wolverine Cybertruck :cool: as publicly declared by Elon himself. . . . . and first mentioned in Nov. 2019 with a dimension of ~ 73 inch wide, (although I hope its a little wider, but still good)

Just as the Model Y has about 80% in common with the Model 3, I think the Wolverine Cybertruck will have even more in common with the Original Cybertruck and can easily be made concurrently.
I also think that it will only stimulate greater sales in the U.S. and be an even bigger hit there and overseas.

And for production planning purposes, its better to gauge soon what the demand will be for the Wolverine Cybertruck, (how many existing reservation holders convert and from what locations, and what reservation holders will evaporate when they are told their choices if any ) and prepare production accordingly. Whether that be in 2021 or 2023.

But I guess we'll all find out what Tesla reveal and when, one way or the other.
But it would also be funny if they did delay the Wolverine Cybertruck reveal for 2 years, considering they show the battery so far in advance, that they declare they haven't quite figured out how to produce them at scale, they will START to see the benefits in 12 -18mths and won't see full scale benefits until about 3 years later.

P.S. Marketing Theory suggests Tesla will leverage the value of the Hummer Ev launch and or steal the lime light from it, if it showcases the
Wolverine Cybertruck sometime around then.

Last edited:

sk1d00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Holden VY SS Ute 2004, Volvo XC60 2009
Country flag
I cant see Tesla doing that. I cant see them being that negligent and mindless. Especially as they have already got the solution at hand, the self evident World Market Wolverine Cybertruck :cool: as publicly declared by Elon himself. . . . . and first mentioned in Nov. 2019 with a dimension of ~ 73 inch wide, (although I hope its a little wider, but still good)
Great reply,

I think 76" is best - we have lots of physical 6'6" width restrictions in the UK and as yet no Sat Nav that uses the available width data for wide vehicles. I have a neighbour with a Model X and he manages to squeeze through but with a shockingly narrow tolerance.

Reactions: Geo

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I would be happy to be wrong on this. My speculation is just that given basic economics, markets and the stated desire of the CEO. It will be fun to see what happens.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I think setting up a production line for the smaller version would be really quite easy, as it would probably use the same parts and components, just in a smaller body.
So, a year? after full sizeCT they will start making the smaller wolverine one, Is my guess. I also think historically the North America costumers got their cars first with only small amounts going over sees, non NA orders should know this. A year gives Tesla time to fulfill a huge chunk of those orders.

@ Geo, I doubt the wolverine name had anything to do with adjustability or extending. Wolverines are badass little creatures its probably just in reference to a small tough,aggressive, scrappy thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I think setting up a production line for the smaller version would be really quite easy, as it would probably use the same parts and omponents, just in a smaller body.
So, a year? after full sizeCT they will start making the smaller wolverine one, Is my guess. I also think historically the North America costumers got their cars first with only small amounts going over sees, non NA orders should know this. A year gives Tesla time to fulfill a huge chunk of those orders.

@ Geo, I doubt the wolverine name had anything to do with adjustability or extending. Wolverines are badass little creatures its probably just in reference to a small tough,aggressive, scrappy thing.
I heard its called the Wolverine Cybertruck cos it comes with a holographic Hugh Jackman in the drivers seat when FSD is engaged . . . . . . .. . . .that and the truck nuts swinging underneath the back have hair on them.

I'm far from certain, but I think there's a chance production on both versions of Cybertruck commence at the same time.
Especially as the World Market Cybertruck might even be produced overseas !
Tesla might want to gauge specific interest in and firm up the overseas vs U.S. numbers for the Wolverine Cybertruck soon !

Tommi

First Name
Tommi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW 740e
Occupation
Miner
Country flag
I'm wondering if giga Berlin is the one to make wolverine. If so, it could be, that they could be made simultaneously with the original CT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm wondering if giga Berlin is the one to make wolverine. If so, it could be, that they could be made simultaneously with the original CT.
Well, they'll still be figuring out the Y optimizations at that time. They'll probably announce it, by then, though.

They'll need time to knock out the production problems with the Cybertruck and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Th Cybertruck is the first of its type, so it'll have more shakedown. It'll be more like the slow rollout of the 3 than the Y. While the Euro Cybertruck will be more like the Y. It took them three years to get from 3 to Y so...

Two years? Eighteen months? That's my guess. Two years. So 2023 for delivery of the next one, at least, prolly 2024.

-Crissa

Tommi

First Name
Tommi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW 740e
Occupation
Miner
Country flag
Well, they'll still be figuring out the Y optimizations at that time. They'll probably announce it, by then, though.

They'll need time to knock out the production problems with the Cybertruck and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Th Cybertruck is the first of its type, so it'll have more shakedown. It'll be more like the slow rollout of the 3 than the Y. While the Euro Cybertruck will be more like the Y. It took them three years to get from 3 to Y so...

Two years? Eighteen months? That's my guess. Two years. So 2023 for delivery of the next one, at least, prolly 2024.

-Crissa
You can’t really compare CT’s with the model 3 and Y as they are sharing market whilst CT’s ain’t.
Sponsored