Wonder if the Mexican Cartels Will Ever Try to Steal Cybertrucks to bring South of the Border.........

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (Tri Motor) on order
Country flag
Like this video of the Jalisco Nueva Generacion Cartel's military might. The Cybertruck's armored glass and 30X Stainless Steel body would be perfect for them.

Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Like this video of the Jalisco Nueva Generacion Cartel's military might. The Cybertruck's armored glass and 30X Stainless Steel body would be perfect for them.

I was a bit confused as the text initially reminded me of a Volvo ad. That would have been a bit hardcore for them though. And I can’t see the cartels being suckers for Swedish traffic safety above all ?

Tesla Cybertruck Wonder if the Mexican Cartels Will Ever Try to Steal Cybertrucks to bring South of the Border......... 1613588877936

I too think lots of groups we’d rather not have bulletproof cars line up for the CT. Maybe it should be forbidden to export to some countries like the weapon it is ? Luckily some of these places diesel is still much more accessible than a good electricity grid.

OP
OP
12thmanfootball
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I would like to see a video of a Cybertruck pitting someone fleeing a traffic stop or other crime. Put a set of heavy push bars on front of a CT and you would have a mobile battering ram.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The don't need to steal petrol from PEMEX either, but they do that, too.

PEMEX does not have enough security on their pipeline.
A liter of petrol does not have security cameras attached, GPS tracking, remote tracking from PEMEX HQ, remote control ( turn off flammability of the petrol) from PEMEX HQ.

Land Rover and Range Rover dominate the list of top ten most stolen cars, with a total of six vehicles in the list of shame. The Range Rover Sport was the most stolen car for the second year in succession.
As standard equipment:
No security cameras, No GPS tracking, No remote tracking, No remote disable.

Most stolen vehicles are full-sized trucks by Ford, GMC, Chevy.

Going, Going, Gone: The Most Stolen Cars in America
If you own one of these popular cars, trucks, and SUVs, keep an eye out.
Kelly Lin | Wed Nov 04 2020
https://www.motortrend.com/features-collections/most-stolen-cars-america

Tesla's come standard with security cameras, GPS tracking, remote tracking, remote disable.

Stolen Tesla vehicles in the US have almost all been recovered: 112 out of 115
Why it’s almost impossible to steal a Tesla (and get away with it)
New data suggests Tesla’s security checks to foil thieves are remarkably effective
Published: Sept. 3, 2018
By Quentin Fottrell
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/n...-us-since-2011-have-been-recovered-2018-08-10

The recovery of stolen Teslas is notable in an industry where the recovery rate for stolen vehicles was 58.4% in 2016. Tesla had a 100% recovery rate that year.

Tesla’s not alone. OnStar, a subsidiary of General Motors GM, -1.07%, has assisted police with 100,000 stolen vehicles since 1996, although it can’t say for sure that all of those cars were recovered. In 2008, it introduced a feature that remotely slows down a stolen vehicle in a high-speed car chase. “A lot of thieves don’t know this technology is in our vehicles, so I can imagine their faces when the car starts to slow down,” said Stefan Cross, a spokesman for General Motors. “It’s been used about a 1,000 times since the launch and we’re averaging 22 a month right now.”

Last edited:
OP
OP
12thmanfootball
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A liter of petrol does not have security cameras attached, GPS tracking, remote tracking from PEMEX HQ, remote control ( turn off flammability of the petrol) from PEMEX HQ.

Land Rover and Range Rover dominate the list of top ten most stolen cars, with a total of six vehicles in the list of shame. The Range Rover Sport was the most stolen car for the second year in succession.
As standard equipment:

Tesla's come standard with security cameras, GPS tracking, remote tracking, remote disable.

New data suggests Tesla’s security checks to foil thieves are remarkably effective
By Quentin Fottrell
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/n...-us-since-2011-have-been-recovered-2018-08-10

The recovery of stolen Teslas is notable in an industry where the recovery rate for stolen vehicles was 58.4% in 2016. Tesla had a 100% recovery rate that year.

Tesla’s not alone. OnStar, a subsidiary of General Motors GM, -1.07%, has assisted police with 100,000 stolen vehicles since 1996, although it can’t say for sure that all of those cars were recovered. In 2008, it introduced a feature that remotely slows down a stolen vehicle in a high-speed car chase. “A lot of thieves don’t know this technology is in our vehicles, so I can imagine their faces when the car starts to slow down,” said Stefan Cross, a spokesman for General Motors. “It’s been used about a 1,000 times since the launch and we’re averaging 22 a month right now.”
Good info.............I had no idea that Tesla's had such a good record of being recovered.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
The fact that we have the amount of auto thefts that we do in this country speaks volumes about our failed criminal justice system. Many of these are violent car jackings committed by young armed career criminals that have no fear of punishment. In some areas of the country (Democratically controlled major metro areas) even when criminals are arrested for crimes they are now being released with a citation inviting them to appear for arraignment. Not surprisingly few of them show up and continue to commit their crimes of choice. They know exactly how to scam the system to stay out of jail. Until criminals, especially violent criminals, are locked away for a long time these crimes will continue. Anti-theft devices are great but what we need is anti-crime government officials that adopt a zero tolerance policy for criminals.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Many of these are violent car jackings...
No.

Car thefts are down from twenty years ago, and carjackings are down even more than that. Violent car theft is less than 5% of all vehicle theft.

Go look it up in FBI crime statistics.

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag

As standard equipment:

By Quentin Fottrell

"The recovery of stolen Teslas is notable in an industry where the recovery rate for stolen vehicles was 58.4% in 2016. Tesla had a 100% recovery rate that year."

You'd think that would factor into the cost of theft insurance!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The fact that we have the amount of auto thefts that we do in this country speaks volumes about our failed criminal justice system. Many of these are violent car jackings committed by young armed career criminals that have no fear of punishment. In some areas of the country (Democratically controlled major metro areas) even when criminals are arrested for crimes they are now being released with a citation inviting them to appear for arraignment. Not surprisingly few of them show up and continue to commit their crimes of choice. They know exactly how to scam the system to stay out of jail. Until criminals, especially violent criminals, are locked away for a long time these crimes will continue. Anti-theft devices are great but what we need is anti-crime government officials that adopt a zero tolerance policy for criminals.
To be more proactive you could look at the reasons for car theft, that being poverty and lack of opportunity. Fix that and you solve many other social ailments. PS the rate has nothing to do with political party allegiance as you imply. Cities tend to have more Democrats and rural areas more GOP, with those densities in cities being better educated with higher incomes and more culturally diverse.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag

As standard equipment:

By Quentin Fottrell

"Land Rover and Range Rover dominate the list of top ten most stolen cars,"

I bet that once owners have experience with them, they leave them in deserted places with the keys in the ignition.

Last edited:

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't know if a Cybertruck will provoke violence... but it sure can provoke a political discussion!
[offtopic rant]As one who years ago helped setup and run a forum board, it is sad to see that a discussion related to an item of common interest (CT) can devolve into a political argument. It seems people cannot keep from expressing their political views where such comments really do NOT belong. Sadly, I have seen such happen far too often.[/offtopic rant]
Sponsored