DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Are the grooves in the bed and tailgate, T-Slots for mounting things?
Yes, they sure are

I'm not so sure. This was discussed in a different thread. I'm with @cybertrucktruckguy on this (correct me if I'm wrong) that it would be great but it isn't confirmed. When you see the edge of the bed there's a sealed lip for the secret compartment, in other words, no t-slot start there.

Tesla Cybertruck You get one question answered rtruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Illuminated-Bed-Light

That would mean that the the secret compartment hinge - the seamline farther into the bed - would theoretically would provide access to t-slots. As far as I know, one article from Tesleratri (edit: originally referenced incorrectly) and a tweet from another reporter started this idea. I *believe* they will be, but I don't have any evidence to suggest they currently do.

Also, things are in flux. At the reveal, it appears that there is no secret compartment and t-slots are a thing. Have to click and zoom in to see.

Tesla Cybertruck You get one question answered tesla-cybertruck-atv

Here's cybertruck truck guy's take

Here's hoping they are.
Sponsored

Last edited:

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
When will FSD fleet-wide beta and DOJO be in full operation?

See how I snuck in two questions into one? ?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Also, things are in flux. At the reveal, it appears that there is no secret compartment and t-slots are a thing. Have to click and zoom in to see.

tesla-cybertruck-atv.jpg

Here's hoping they are.
I'm in the same camp as you and Cybertruckguy/Todd. Lot's of people think it's been confirmed but I have NOT seen anything from Tesla. The closest we've come is the Tweet from Elon talking about mounting a Paint ball gun in the back. Also, I really want to have T-slots in the bed.
What really makes me believe those are T-slots is that it would make no sense to have straight grooves in the bed because even if what we saw were some kind of rubber strips during the reveal, they would have to be T-slots to keep those strips from flying out during the test drives at 60+mph that night. Or, they'd be glued in place. T-slots just seem logical.
BTW the night of the reveal the CT did have the bed storage. Here's a frame grab from a video.

Tesla Cybertruck You get one question answered bedclose

Also here's a link to the ride along video:

Last edited:

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
I'm in the same camp as you and Cybertruckguy/Todd. Lot's of people think it's been confirmed but I have NOT seen anything from Tesla. The closest we've come is the Tweet from Elon talking about mounting a Paint ball gun in the back. Also, I really want to have T-slots in the bed.
What really makes me believe those are T-slots is that it would make no sense to have straight grooves in the bed because even if what we saw were some kind of rubber strips during the reveal, they would have to be T-slots to keep those strips from flying out during the test drives at 60+mph that night. Or, they'd be glued in place. T-slots just seem logical.
BTW the night of the reveal the CT did have the bed storage. Here's a frame grab from a video.

bedclose.jpg

bedclose.jpg

Thanks for the detail, my bad.

I wonder if the reality is halfway in between Motor Trends "milled groove" and Teslarati T-slots, in other words, T-slots on the outermost and milled grooves elsewhere.

I was looking at the Tesla camping pic with the pullout out grill. (Sorry, on mobile). I think it could have been achieved with L-track or T-slot or both. The detail is not sufficient to tell.

I don't have a motorcycle and don't mind getting in the back personally. I do know that things like "truck vaults" or tool/drawer organization is popular. The costs of these are eye watering to me. I do hope they are T-slots and someone can utilize them for a price more similar to l-track.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
In lieu of no CT news for Christmas I guess we can dream a little.

If you got one twitter tweet to Elon and his CT team and they promised to give a single straight answer to one and only one question; what would you ask them?

Here's mine; What is battery pack size for the Tri-motor CT?
1.21 gigawatts

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag

If you got one twitter tweet to Elon and his CT team and they promised to give a single straight answer to one and only one question; what would you ask them?

When can we see a newer prototype out driving on the road?
The prototype we have all seen is more than a year old.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Might be too long for tweet reply. He only gets 280 characters to reply. He might start by listing the things we already know and then just when he starts getting to the good stuff he runs out of chara...
Very easy to tweet #1... tweet #2... tweet #3. We aren't in the stone age here. If Elon wants to bring info, he can... and, he knows it. Elon... Your move, sir.

Marie1474

First Name
Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota highlander Limited 4WD
Occupation
Nursing students, former USCG pilot
Country flag

I would like to use my cyber truck to plow snow in Massachusetts. Will there be mounting points and electrical connections at the front end?

Jimo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA Model X, 2003 Thunderbird, 2016 Nissan NV 3500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Why not convert an existing abandoned GM factory in Shreveport to make one of the models?

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Very easy to tweet #1... tweet #2... tweet #3. We aren't in the stone age here. If Elon wants to bring info, he can... and, he knows it. Elon... Your move, sir.
I guess I thought when I said
and they promised to give a single straight answer...
...that it was implied that you would only get 1 tweet back. But whatever. This was just for fun to burn some time until some real news came out and to see what each person's most burning question was or is.
Sponsored