James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Bus operator
Country flag
I like “Now You Know” on YouTube. They buy their vehicles first and then test them. There’s a good video on the Rivian (they went camping). Charging infrastructure was a major pain for them.
Yeah Zach and Jessie always post informed and honest reviews, wish the didn’t spend so much time pumping up their sponsors though.
Sponsored

Deleted member 12457

Check out Sam Alexander on youtube. He rips the media that only discuss EV companies who advertise with them. Tesla doesn't advertise so nobody covers them. Sam likes Tesla because of what they produce not because of what they advertise they will be producing, like GM.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
The goal of adop is to convince ICE owners fast charging is as simple as pumping gas, the Tesla Superchargers are but the CCS style is not with multiple cards or apps needed it needs to be simplified have 1 that all the charging companies has to accept to being the standard and instead of a card or app have it as part of the vehicle software than when you buy the car it’s already loaded and can get updates

Deleted member 12457

The goal of adop is to convince ICE owners fast charging is as simple as pumping gas, the Tesla Superchargers are but the CCS style is not with multiple cards or apps needed it needs to be simplified have 1 that all the charging companies has to accept to being the standard and instead of a card or app have it as part of the vehicle software than when you buy the car it’s already loaded and can get updates
I agree. Gas/diesel stations are required to use a standard size filler so why not have a standard EV charger outlet? Of course, in todays world, some politician is the one who pushes for a standard they want instead of using something that actually works the best. As for accessing the EV "pump" and paying for it, I think it's finally time we get rid of cash for things that can more easily be paid with by credit card or mobile device app. This also saves by not having labor charges for the little store that sells alcohol and cigarettes to underage kids. No checking oil or tire pressure or even window washing, just charging your EV.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Every gas station has their own app, credit card, and loyalty card.

Deleted member 12457

While the majority of drivers use their own credit card, which uses a standard card reader. I haven't seen a gas station payment app other than the one I use at Costco although I simply tap my card instead of using Apple Pay at the pump because the simple tap authorizes me as a member and also lets me pay with the single tap. Costco doesn't do this inside the store. I also have a Safeway card but it's only a loyalty card not a charge card. Remember, none of these are actually standards while the credit card reader, NFC tap capability is the standard and these are used at every pump regardless of who's selling the gas.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I haven't seen a gas station payment app other than…
I use BP’s app all the time. When at a gas station I launch it. It recognizes the station I’m at, I hit “buy fuel”, it then asks which pump. I enter the pump number, couple seconds later the pump is unlocked and ready to pump. It also asks if I want a car wash (if the station I’m at has one) and the entire transaction is charged to the CC entered in the app.

Tesla Cybertruck You tube reviewers wtf 4FB26C2F-305F-4F76-84D4-3178D46AC61C

Deleted member 12457

I use BP’s app all the time. When at a gas station I launch it. It recognizes the station I’m at, I hit “buy fuel”, it then asks which pump. I enter the pump number, couple seconds later the pump is unlocked and ready to pump. It also asks if I want a car wash (if the station I’m at has one) and the entire transaction is charged to the CC entered in the app.

4FB26C2F-305F-4F76-84D4-3178D46AC61C.jpeg
About time someone did this.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
For me that’s not a good reason “ because gas stations do it”. I have a Sheetz card and the only reason I do is for the 8 cents off a gallon if I use it and most of the time I don’t use it. I would gladly have a much simpler system but it doesn’t exist for gas stations. Right now the Tesla SC system reigns supreme

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They don't require you to have those just to buy gas, tho.

4FB26C2F-305F-4F76-84D4-3178D46AC61C.jpeg
That sounds awkward and terrible. At Costco all I have to do is tap the cost credit card once. Or swipe the access card and then the payment card. As Shell and Safeway, I type in my phone number. No fiddling with networks or answering any questions other than 'give me a receipt'.

I hate having to download an app, sign up, wait for it to recognize me, then select the station (maybe tap works) and then plugging in. It's anti-competitive, and it screws over those without credit.

-Crissa

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
It's anti-competitive, and it screws over those without credit.
Both false. Nearly all the apps can do a simple bank link and still give you the discounts. Well, anti-competitive in the same sense that all loyalty apps are about keeping you away from the competition.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Both false. Nearly all the apps can do a simple bank link and still give you the discounts. Well, anti-competitive in the same sense that all loyalty apps are about keeping you away from the competition.
Only reason for loyalty apps is so you can be tracked why not just give you the cheaper price to begin with?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Nice straw man you made there.
https://www.fdic.gov/analysis/household-survey/index.html

Over 1 in 20 households don't have access to bank accounts. A much larger portion don't have access to credit.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.