Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What's the mileage on a Rivian? and what is that added mileage worth on the CT?
So you think battery costs went up more at Tesla than all other costs went up at Rivian?

I'm just trying to figure out your logic here. This is clearly your reasoned opinion, and I find input valuable.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I’m in the second school of thought. I think in 10 years you won’t be able to toss a stick without hitting a Cybertruck.
Exactly..

A few months ago, I noticed this new orange Ford Ranger in the car park next to my car
The next day, there it was again. This time the owner was just getting in “ Car looks good, we happen to park right next to each other again”.
Tx, but yday wasn't me" … He said.

And since then I've seen 'this' car all over the place.

I believe Ford sells about 40,000 a year.. The CT has maybe 30,000 or more my now.

It will certainly be noticed everywhere very early.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Raptor, 20XX Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
My cousin is German and She always gives me crap on my "Big Car" (A Ford Raptor)... How will a truck this size sell in Germany if they hate big cars?

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Raptor, 20XX Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Since there are reservations, it's clear it would sell.

-Crissa
I wasn't doubting it wouldn't sell, All I really would like to know is if other german people look down upon the Germans that drive a 'big car'.. I feel like it would be a mindset thing..

additionally, some streets are so small.. I drove a bmw 7 series there and a good amount of streets were not an option.. lol

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wasn't doubting it wouldn't sell, All I really would like to know is if other german people look down upon the Germans that drive a 'big car'.. I feel like it would be a mindset thing..

additionally, some streets are so small.. I drove a bmw 7 series there and a good amount of streets were not an option.. lol
They look down upon someone bringing it into the villages and cities, but not otherwise. And some require a different license.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Most roads you can drive down with a full size 25t flatbed truck or a semi, which would easily fit a few CTs on the back. Road size in Germany is no different to anywhere else semi's roam, the only exception is through old heritage villages where a single horse drawn carriage fits over original Roman cobblestone roads. But even there most are still 2m wide, it will be sign posted. As for the rest CT is easy in Germany. Our Audi Q7 there is the same width and height, just a bit shorter, but not an issue at all to drive. You might just need to be selective with city parking.

As for Germans "looking down" on big cars this is not as common as it used to be in the last millennia. This mentality is from both being "efficient" to the brink of frugal (they have the worlds best money savings) and from being content with daily drivers being functional rather than luxurious. Instead they are also one of the largest international holiday makers, as often they all have a tribal hate of German weather and seek the sun like the Mayas. Its quite common for people to have decent sized vehicles, and RV's and multi purpose vans, which are larger again than a CT and currently have a 2 year waiting list.

And as was mentioned before here there is a whole range of people that already have US ICE trucks like RAM etc. Also don't forget theres 10,000's of US troops still stationed in Germany and they bring all their own gear over as they live out an American lifestyle on German bases.
Sponsored