Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The BAW needs to be full size, and instantly available. Its primary function is to clean the AP camera at the top of the windshield. Secondary is "driver visibility".

I'm guessing that the wiper arm shortened right after someone was heard saying "hey, watch this!"
Snapped off lifting a Hummer which was stuck in a ditch. Next version will have stronger reinforcing.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Snapped off lifting a Hummer which was stuck in a ditch. Next version will have stronger reinforcing.
NOT believable.

1. BAW is too strong it would not have broken off.
2. Hummer despite being similar in size to Cybertruck the Hummer is much heavier & inefficient.

If the Cybertruck tried to use it's BAW to lift the Hummer it would look like this

--------

Last edited:

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
The 2nd video make me wonder what is going on with the front steering. Seems to me that those front wheels are pivoting rather quickly....Perhaps variable speed steering to make the yoke more practical at low speeds?

Last edited:

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I really like how the below image shows how long the bed portion actually is. With a camera angle just slightly moved a bit more to an angle and it makes the CT look like its bed size is very short. The triangular shapes on the truck really create some optical illusions.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck (w/ 2 piece windshield wiper) trotted out for Tesla's Moss Landing Megapack Battery System commissioning ceremony! 1654663049043

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag
'our best product ever'

Would have to be something to beat the X,S,3,Y .. Plaid, Performance.

And not to mention the Roadster with SpaceX thrusters !!!!!!!!!! Say WHat !! ?

Only 742 more sleeps lol
Thinking of going to sleep now and waking up, when my reservation # is up. Then it would only be 1 sleep lol

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Perhaps they decided a telescoping wiper would be a better deal than the BAW... I'm not crazy about either design to be honest... then again I'm not an engineer, just a guy complaining on the internet :)
That's what I'm thinking. It would make sense. no sure how a linear activator would work in there though.....

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Sorry if it was mentioned in here already and I missed it, but I saw an article which called this wiper design a switchblade design. The article didn’t go on to say how they know it is a ‘switchblade’ design but if it does swing open and closed for shorter length like a switchblade, sure sounds like an over complicated design, doesn’t it?

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
The videos make me wonder what is going on with the front steering. Seems to me that those front wheels are pivoting rather quickly....Perhaps variable speed steering to make the yoke more practical at low speeds?
EM has speculated on progressive rate steering to help make the yoke manageable at lower speeds.