Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Driving around with the windows fully open and your arm out is highly under appreciated in this society. I just don't get the hate. I love me a good ac as well, but I also love to drive on the highway with my windows wide open on a hot day.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I'm always in the back seat with the windows up.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Driving around with the windows fully open and your arm out is highly under appreciated in this society. I just don't get the hate. I love me a good ac as well, but I also love to drive on the highway with my windows wide open on a hot day.
I used to go for the farmer’s tan with one arm out the window. But I used to drive slower too. As I age and drive faster, I’ve stopped that.

Oh, and I used to love the little triangle window air deflector back in the day. It could give you a real fresh breeze. Far nicer than just opening the window. But the hinges tended to be in reliable. Sometimes the little window wouldn’t open. Sometimes it would just fly open/closed as the wind blew. And the locking mechanisms were a pita. But on a hot summer day with the hinge working just right, you could get a wonderful experience that just doesn’t exist otherwise.

Tesla Cybertruck Open air roof? 1655250156172

Another bonus of driving with your arm out the window is playing with the wind. Keep your hand flat pointing straight ahead as your arm is out the window. Then just slightly tip your fingers up or down to get the wind to raise or lower your arm for you. At 40 mph this can be fun. At 80 mph it can feel like your arm might get ripped off. My grandfather used to drive between 30 and 40 (in a hurry there?) so as a kid sitting in his pickup having an arm out the window was great fun. I doubt my kids will ever have that experience.

Speaking of grandpa’s slow driving. He had a brother that was so slow, he tried to drive from Nebraska down to Texas for the pecan harvest season but the season was over by the time he got there.
Sponsored

Last edited: