Is there any hope for the 40k Cybertruck?

Is there any hope for the 40k Cybertruck?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Soon, the trim and availability of our CT order's will probably be the least of our worries.

It would be smart for the United States to be conducting multinational defense readiness drills with Taiwan, Japan, S Korea, Philippines, Australia, UK, New Zealand, India either that or be putting in place a thorough self destruct protocol for Taiwanese chip foundries. Consequences

Dow 25,000 by end of Summer or sooner
Sponsored

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Barring the beginning of WWIII I'll pay as much as I can finance to get a four motor CT.
Since I'm looking at 2025 to get mine I should have enough time to pay off most of what consumer debt I'm carrying.
This is the last vehicle I'll every buy so I'm spending it on what I want.
When I die everybody is going to cry at the funeral.

Reactions: Rix

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I’m not sure if it will be officially kicked to the curb or not, my feeling is Tesla will roll out of new significantly different lineup for the Cybertruck than launch day. Our reservations for “Single”, “Dual” and “Tri” won’t matter so much as just raw order.

There might be a budget version of the truck, but it might end up being delivered “later”… with later being something like the way the Model Y SR was delivered. Quietly via a hidden option after the rest of the deliveries have been completed.

I think we should all accept that some price shifting is possible, but worrying about it before the details are revealed is kind of pointless.
Im in agreement with this.

Said it many times.. They will have 1 model with software limited options based on pricing. This is why they removed the options on the reservation site. I'll gladly buy the cheapest option up front with 2-3 motors software limited, and then hand over money to them every few years to unlock a motor or two in whichever way they do it. It just makes so much more sense with limited loss of production costs for them to just make 1 model and crank them out with motors as paid software upgrades which they will continue to make bank on for years to come from people like me.

It was already an obsolete selection when they introduced the quad motor, because if it was being used to define production order or delivery order, it can no longer be used as such. Everyone who had reserved prior to quad announcement now has to be asked again what they want, which means none of our reservation model choices mean anything now, and our reservations will be picked in order for final model selection and order completion.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Soon, the trim and availability of our CT order's will probably be the least of our worries.

It would be smart for the United States to be conducting multinational defense readiness drills with Taiwan, Japan, S Korea, Philippines, Australia, UK, New Zealand, India either that or be putting in place a thorough self destruct protocol for Taiwanese chip foundries. Consequences

Dow 25,000 by end of Summer or sooner
agreed......chain will be invading Taiwan before jan or during 2024 elections when we are all fighting about election results

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Im in agreement with this.

Said it many times.. They will have 1 model with software limited options based on pricing. This is why they removed the options on the reservation site. I'll gladly buy the cheapest option up front with 2-3 motors software limited, and then hand over money to them every few years to unlock a motor or two in whichever way they do it. It just makes so much more sense with limited loss of production costs for them to just make 1 model and crank them out with motors as paid software upgrades which they will continue to make bank on for years to come from people like me.

It was already an obsolete selection when they introduced the quad motor, because if it was being used to define production order or delivery order, it can no longer be used as such. Everyone who had reserved prior to quad announcement now has to be asked again what they want, which means none of our reservation model choices mean anything now, and our reservations will be picked in order for final model selection and order completion.
Not sure if you are serious or not, but maybe if you are going full distopian software driven features it would need to be a subscription. So you buy the single motor and 250 miles range and subscribe to any additional range or performance.

Truck sells for $40k with 250 mile range, 300 mile range upgrade is enabled with a $100/ subscription, 509 mile and quad motors is $400/ month.

/s

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Not sure if you are serious or not, but maybe if you are going full distopian software driven features it would need to be a subscription. So you buy the single motor and 250 miles range and subscribe to any additional range or performance.

Truck sells for $40k with 250 mile range, 300 mile range upgrade is enabled with a $100/ subscription, 509 mile and quad motors is $400/ month.

/s
It wouldn't need to be a subscription. It would only need to be the same as fsd purchase. I'm thinking an additional 10-20k purchase price a few years down the line to unlock from 2 motor to 4 motor and additional range.

Two models. Dual and quad. One production line. What's the cost of adding 4 motors to all... A few thousand dollars to every unit? In exchange for a 2-4x return to that added overhead on a large majority of units sold, months to years down the line. Seems like a minimal loss in margin short term for an easy cash grab down the line for them. I would do that happily. For me, that would make swallowing the pill of raising the 50k dual motor price to 60k at launch, given I know the extra money is going to pay back years later when i can unlock my truck to become a better performing truck and feel like I got an all new vehicle!

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck
Tesla said they’d sell a $39.9k truck, so Tesla will sell a $39.9k truck. Not everyone needs a 4x4, 5 second 0-60, 12,000 pound towing monster truck, most people just need a simple work truck that will haul a crew and some cargo from point A to point B. It would be a shoe-in for farmers, ranchers, and small business owners, and Tesla would build excellent, lasting rapport with average Americans. They’d be shooting themselves in the foot if they tried to make this exclusively a $100k Hummer-esque status symbol. And remember they developed this thing with low production cost in mind.
Sponsored

Last edited: