Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Had a look a Joes flyover this week. There is a lot of dirt on the south road, and a lot of dirt at 2 entrances.

Pondering if its dirt coming in, filling the gaps left from whatever they have built, or Dirt coming out... New holes.

** EDITED POST, Update **

Today Jeff's vid captured a truck (pic below) which reversed in. It was empty going in.

Last few months, they seemed to be excavations inside the south end, but the area outside has been clean for a while, so I figured earthworks had finished.

Good odds this is new excavations ongoing for 2 weeks ?. They had already built gigantic foundations for the presess.

What needs large foundations? 9000? * 2 lol

Tesla Cybertruck DMG MORI machine @ Giga Austin is for Cybertruck! 1661482107350
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Had a look a Joes flyover this week. There is a lot of dirt on the south road, and a lot of dirt at 2 entrances.

Pondering if its dirt coming in, filling the gaps left from whatever they have built, or Dirt coming out... New holes.

Today Jeff's vid captured a truck (pic below) which reversed in. It was empty going in.

Last few months, they seemed to be excavations inside the south end, but the area outside has been clean for a while, so I figured earthworks had finished.

Good odds this is new excavations ongoing for 2 weeks ?. They had already built gigantic foundations for the presess.

1661482107350.png
Those excavations have been long ongoing but yea

recently there was a shot in the casting structure that showed the prep work for seemingly the 9 press

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Last idea is my favorite. I'd love to think they in fact DO have a second. But, I think there is only space for one right now?
I thought they had room for 6 or 8 presses in the casting area. It would be odd for them to have painted themselves into a corner this early.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I thought the Mori machines were claimed to be CNC machines. If so they would not be for creating a frunk (always some form of plastic) or bed. One could imagine a CNC machine being used to trim castings or to make specialized parts that cannot be stamped or cast.
Would they use a CNC for scoring the SS in order to make the origami folds? I wouldn't know for sure, but it seems like such a machine would be capable of doing so, if not optimized for it.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I thought they had room for 6 or 8 presses in the casting area. It would be odd for them to have painted themselves into a corner this early.
And Joe Justice said ... capacity of 10 million. Not that he said it convincingly, but it was a big number.

Lets halve it. 5 million needs more than 8 Giga presses. or 10 or 12 mmmmmmmmmmmmm more buildings or other interior locations ?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

1661482107350.png
Joe's pics today show into there and they have dug a deep hole. They will not put gigapresses at the south end because the aluminum smelting requires large stacks on the roof and they have already installed the stacks in the gigapress area (and have solar panels on the south end in the area you are speaking about). Originally Joe labeled this area as an extended stamping area and if they dug a really deep hole there that would suggest that maybe they are creating a new stamping machine foundation.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Joe's pics today show into there and they have dug a deep hole. They will not put gigapresses at the south end because the aluminum smelting requires large stacks on the roof and they have already installed the stacks in the gigapress area (and have solar panels on the south end in the area you are speaking about). Originally Joe labeled this area as an extended stamping area and if they dug a really deep hole there that would suggest that maybe they are creating a new stamping machine foundation.
What's peaking my interested is the large multi floor opening in GA area.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
What's peaking my interested is the large multi floor opening in GA area.
It is interesting but if it is a GA area, as noted by Tesla in their filing, then it isn’t a Giga press area. All they are doing there now is putting in a floor where there wasn’t one originally.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It is interesting but if it is a GA area, as noted by Tesla in their filing, then it isn’t a Giga press area. All they are doing there now is putting in a floor where there wasn’t one originally.
Any and all new construction at this point is potentially Cybertruck related.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Any and all new construction at this point is potentially Cybertruck related.
More likely than not. The question is only what is going on in a particular area. There is a lot of CT general assembly that will be required. There is also a lot of building that needs to be done apart from the exoskeleton, the gigapresses, and the battery pack. They have to make all the plastic components, such as the seats, the dash, the frunk, wheel guards, and the bumpers. They have to make the stamped components such as the inner doors, the bed, and whatever they are using behind the rear seats. They have to build the drive modules and the suspension. And they have to assemble and test all of it.

I was only questioning whether they would be putting the 9K-ton gigapress in the south area where they are digging, or in the GA2/3 area. I do not believe that they will be, and for the reasons I put forth earlier.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Exactly, that's likely going to be the stamping area for Cybertruck. Idra 9K ton giga casting press will go in the NE corner of the factory where the rest of them are, there's space for more.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Guys, if they are digging a big hole, maybe they are planning to bury something…

Or someone?

When seeing the remark about the CNC, my first thought was for cutting SS panels prior to folding.

Also, they could simply be increasing capacity for the Model Y, or additional presses might be for front/rear roadster castings, perhaps?

Lastly…
There is another product we know about, but have no information on manufacturing for it: Optimus.
this might utilize a CNC and/or a press for chassis parts, a charging alcove, optional serving trays they can carry around. Who knows? Hopefully we will learn more in a few days!

And, there are products we don’t know about. Mini Cybertruck “Wolverine”, minivan? Robotaxi? A Quadrunner that fits into the CT bed? Home HVAC system? Larger mega/giga pack storage batteries, etc.

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
China has a design team. Germany I believe will have a design team to cater for the European market. US has a design team.

Seems to me every vehicle we are sure about has already been fully designed
Roadster, X,S,3,Y,CT,Semi

Of course, there is refresh, but 3 teams on 3 continents signal a LOT of new designs imo. We do not cover categories deeply, we will be broad, covering most categories.

And when ready, we will manufacture a myriad of Robotaxi transport options. From 2 seaters to minibus to bus.

There is a Tesla flood coming. I reckon the second Shanghai factory is where it all starts.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
China has a design team. Germany I believe will have a design team to cater for the European market. US has a design team.

Seems to me every vehicle we are sure about has already been fully designed
Roadster, X,S,3,Y,CT,Semi

Of course, there is refresh, but 3 teams on 3 continents signal a LOT of new designs imo. We do not cover categories deeply, we will be broad, covering most categories.

And when ready, we will manufacture a myriad of Robotaxi transport options. From 2 seaters to minibus to bus.

There is a Tesla flood coming. I reckon the second Shanghai factory is where it all starts.
From what I understand at Tesla, there probably isn’t a “Cybertruck Design Team”. In fact… there likely aren’t a ton of “designers”. They have a list of critical tasks, and when you show up for work, you pick which task you want to work on. If there is no design work on one of the critical tasks, you might end up developing software or assembling a prototype.

It’s likely right now there are a lot of people in Texas who are working on the battery line… even designers.
Sponsored