Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Nothing is legally guarantied on the truck price. The FSD is very much guarantied. Moral/reputation obligations are another point of discussion.
Yes and... no.

There is a legal obligation that their predicted price not be misleading, or intentionally wrong.

-Crissa
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Who are these car people? When I was a sales manager at a large auto dealership most manufacturers were dropping sedans for crossovers, SUV's and trucks. Look at the amout of new midsized trucks and even compact trucks taking over the market. You can't even order a Maverrick.

Most car people don't want a gas guzzling truck but give them the space of a large SUV and cost of ownership that an electric truck does and I believe they will buy them.
my wife for example. she'd never get a truck and bought a MY..... no matter the price of a CT.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
While I understand that general sentiment, there are surely way more orders from tesla/car people than there are truck buyers thus far
I'm a truck guy, and that's the only reason I'm waiting for the CT. Otherwise, I'd get a MY.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
She is smart MY is incredible.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Who are these car people? When I was a sales manager at a large auto dealership most manufacturers were dropping sedans for crossovers, SUV's and trucks. Look at the amout of new midsized trucks and even compact trucks taking over the market. You can't even order a Maverrick.

Most car people don't want a gas guzzling truck but give them the space of a large SUV and cost of ownership that an electric truck does and I believe they will buy them.
I seriously doubt this last bit. If you live in the city, parking is a legit concern with trucks. Even just popping to Costco for Groceries parking can be a headache. 4WS only mitigates so much, being 20+ feet long and 84” wide is going to be a challenge for a lot of people.

There is a reason the Maverick is popular, lots of truck advantages in a car sized bundle.

Also, the big reason you can’t get the Maverick is because they make so damned few of them. Auto-rags talk them up like they are some super—popular vehicle, but Ford only made around 25k the first year and last year only 55k. This is like 1 month of F150 sales. Also, the hybrid everyone was begging for seemed to be the least common config.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Good point.

How about 500 thousand a year will buy one?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I love the Mini-Mav. It was just made 10 years too late. Only way I’d buy it now is if it were fully electric. Which is what Ford should have done. It would be hugely popular and a fantastic way to leverage that growing brand equity.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I love the Mini-Mav. It was just made 10 years too late. Only way I’d buy it now is if it were fully electric. Which is what Ford should have done. It would be hugely popular and a fantastic way to leverage that growing brand equity.
My dream vehicle is a 2 door hardtop electric Bronco.

My wife had a 4 door 2021 and I love driving it. Just done with anything ICE.

Last edited:

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Yes and... no.

There is a legal obligation that their predicted price not be misleading, or intentionally wrong.

-Crissa
Yeah for sure, but they do have a lot of wiggle room before anyone can make any kind of case against them. Inflation is 15% just to start. Throw in added features, their own unintentional failure to hit battery yields, the price of competition and the demand of Teslas and they could inflate the price a lot without any reasonable case for action. Again with that said, I do think they want it to be priced as competitively as possible, and I do think they can and will undercut their competition. I just don't think it will be in 2023 when they're spitting out a few thousands. In 2024 I think we'll see them offer a dual motor without an outrageous increase in price.

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
My dream vehicle is a 2 door hardtop electric Bronco.

My wife had a 4 door 2021 and I love driving it. Just done with anything ICE.
Maverick Hybrid is awesome as an around-town truck. But the craftsmanship and material used under the panels can be improved with very little cost. More about craftsmanship...plain slipshod.

Status
Not open for further replies.