Interior Options and Seat Configurations?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
There could be a large storage space under the back seat. I mean, my F-350 has SOME storage under there but if done right, there could be quite a good storage space. Look at what Rivian has done with the space back there.
Sponsored

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, air suspension, big dash screen, checking a lot of boxes, yeah baby! fingers crossed on apple carplay...

MasterQwin

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
Occupation
Airline pilot
Country flag
It reminds me of my old Ram 1500.
Center would fold down like that too.
That truck had the best storage setup ever.
I own a 2009 RAM 1500, and will keep it until my CT delivers. LOVE the center seat/fold-down console option and the rear under seat storage options.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Elon himself stated that the CT is going to exceed buyer expectations.

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
There could be a large storage space under the back seat. I mean, my F-350 has SOME storage under there but if done right, there could be quite a good storage space. Look at what Rivian has done with the space back there.
According to this Teslarati article it looks like they may be going for the "magic seat" in Honda Ridgeline:

Tesla Cybertruck Interior Options and Seat Configurations? Ridgeline rear seat

Leaving a huge flat loading area in the rear of the compartment.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
I would prefer the seat backs fold down to flat and the back window roll down, for a lot of reasons.
I currently have a 4Runner and the rear window rolls down. I LOVE IT!! The Tundra is the only truck I know of that the rear window rolls down, but I would love it if the CT rear window did too. Some of the talk is that you'll be able to access the "vault" from inside the CT, but nobody is really sure if / how they're going to implement that access.

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
I currently have a 4Runner and the rear window rolls down. I LOVE IT!! The Tundra is the only truck I know of that the rear window rolls down, but I would love it if the CT rear window did too. Some of the talk is that you'll be able to access the "vault" from inside the CT, but nobody is really sure if / how they're going to implement that access.
totally agree, the power rear window on my bronco is one of my favorite features and really hope the CT does the same!

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
GM did it for years.. im sure Tesla can figure it out!
Tesla Cybertruck Interior Options and Seat Configurations? 1599223910684

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So the only issue that I can see that would prevent a passthrough between the vault and the cab is the tonneau cover. It was mentioned in a video during one of the demo drives that the tonneau cover rolls up behind the backseat. I like using the exoskeleton photo on the Cybertruck page to sort of see what space is available. You can see where the bottom of the bed is in the wheel well and you can see that behind the seat an angled wall. I'm assuming the angled wall is where they house the motor and part of the tonneau cover

I think a passthrough is possible but it they would need to take some of the width of that wall and reduce it, meaning they would need both the motor for the tonneau cover and enough space to store the cover in basically the same spot but instead of it taking some room between the wall and the seat, it would need to go slightly under the bed if that's possible. The photo that i've attached shows that most of the cover seems like it will go behind the seat but below where someone would be sitting. So maybe they could expand this area slightly under the seat and then maybe have the seat fold forward and down to rest on the floor and the wall for the passthrough could rest on top of where the cover rolls up and the seats. This would be easier to theorize if I knew the exact thickness of the cover, as well as the width of each piece.

Tesla Cybertruck Interior Options and Seat Configurations? 03_Deskto

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The tonneau cover is on a track, and rolls up under the back seat, It wouldn't be in the way of the back window and seats folding away. It isn't now, as the track is open when the cover is stowed or closed. The window and seats just need to fold.

The bigger problem is the triangular stiffening, which may be part of the Cybertruck's structure.

-Crissa

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm not saying that the cover is in the way of the seats folding down, in fact if they do nothing like I am suggesting, the seats will have more room to fold down.

The most optimal passthrough would be one where the wall folds down on the seats and creates a floor that is even with the bed. To do that, the width of the wall will be space taken away from the area that is probably being used as storage for the cover. The other way would be to only be able to open the passthrough when the cover is closed, which would also restrict it from being open when you turn the bed into a nice tent like what is featured on the Cybertruck page.

So that brings me to what I was saying before about how they could try to adjust the cover storage space so that when the vault is open, you can still have a passthrough.

We still don't know if it will have a passthrough or not. Obviously the structure of the truck will need to be examined, but we can hope that they will find a way.
Sponsored