What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase?

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
What is the number one question you have about Cybertruck that could influence your purchase decision depending on the answer you get from Tesla (or Musk)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I keep hearing how the exoskeleton is going to be 30X cold rolled stainless steel and I think that's A HUGE influence on my purchase decision of what appeals to me in the Cybertruck. However, my question is, what ISN'T going to be stainless? Are we all assuming that the internal structure is going to be the same 30X stainless or is it going to be stamped steel with just stainless body panels bolted to the outside?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I keep hearing how the exoskeleton is going to be 30X cold rolled stainless steel and I think that's A HUGE influence on my purchase decision of what appeals to me in the Cybertruck. However, my question is, what ISN'T going to be stainless? Are we all assuming that the internal structure is going to be the same 30X stainless or is it going to be stamped steel with just stainless body panels bolted to the outside?
We can already answer part of this, the Stainless is an exoskeleton. Meaning the body is the structure. not bolted on fenders. Sandy munro gives a pretty decent explanation of this. As far as the internal members are concerned we dont know for sure, we also dont know ho much internal structure there will actually be.

For me i am only wanting more information on the solar upgrade and cost. But Tesla already has my money. They just need to send me the invite to configure!

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
We can already answer part of this, the Stainless is an exoskeleton. Meaning the body is the structure. not bolted on fenders. Sandy munro gives a pretty decent explanation of this. As far as the internal members are concerned we dont know for sure, we also dont know ho much internal structure there will actually be.

For me i am only wanting more information on the solar upgrade and cost. But Tesla already has my money. They just need to send me the invite to configure!
I'm talking about this... Part of it looks stamped on the inside. If I'm not mistaken, both Elon and Sandy said stamping 30X stainless isn't going to happen.

Tesla Cybertruck What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase? tesla-cybertuck-exos

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I'm looking for actual towing range numbers. If Tesla were to put out some figures of the CT towing a utility trailer with a Polaris Ranger and some cargo weight on it, then I'd be happy. I'd also be eagerly awaiting to see how autopilot and the rest of the software does when towing. Elon made a big point on twitter about the advanced software capabilities when it comes to towing but I want to see it in practice.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I'm talking about this... Part of it looks stamped on the inside. If I'm not mistaken, both Elon and Sandy said stamping 30X stainless isn't going to happen.

tesla-cybertuck-exos.jpg
I believe I heard it stated the stamped is stainless, but not cold rolled stainless. You can stamp regular stainless if I heard that correctly.

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
This may sound strange, but my final purchase decision was completely based on a successful launch of the SpaceX Dragon. I figure if they can build a space craft that puts people in space....imagine what the Cybertruck will be like and how well it will be put together. I pulled the trigger like the next day or two.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I believe I heard it stated the stamped is stainless, but not cold rolled stainless. You can stamp regular stainless if I heard that correctly.
Right but those inner panels wont be nearly as thick so easily stamp-able on a press.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I am already committed with the dual range. But a question I would ask would be pricing on the tri-motor
If it was more in line with the difference between the sgl and dual spread I would consider the tri.
For me it’s just too big a jump between the dual and the tri.
Sponsored