Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That's the last option I would have expected Tesla to adopt!
Should this give us hope on our other wishes? ?
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Regarding the boring company and tunnels. It is not the tunnels but the lifts into and out of the tunnels.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I recently became aware that current Tesla's don't have the blind spot alert or cross traffic (backing out) alert that my current Pacifica is equipped with. Anybody with a 3YX that can confirm yea or nay on this lack of options currently?

Since backing out of a space is unavoidable sometimes (I prefer to pull through or back in when I can) the cross traffic alert has been stellar. The Pacifica is a mini van. The cross traffic lets me know if something appears to be in the way when backing out (peds, other cars) so I can re-evaluate movement. Especially when sandwiched between other tall long vehicles (box trucks, vans and trucks with caps). The CT will have a long ways to go backwards before your eyes can see around blockages. I can't imagine there wouldn't be some sort of an alarm/alert built in, but yeah, that goes on the wishlist.

The blind spot alert may be a moot point due to Autopilot or FSD, but when human is is control maybe a reminder that checking your 4 and 8 is still a good idea. CT is a long vehicle and cars may be able to sneak up quickly on the sides of it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I recently became aware that current Tesla's don't have the blind spot alert or cross traffic (backing out) alert that my current Pacifica is equipped with. Anybody with a 3YX that can confirm yea or nay on this lack of options currently?
I don't have a ton of personal experience with alerts in parking lots because I have a bike rack that blocks the rear sensors. I do know there are alerts you can configure for low speed collisions and such, they just aren't much use to me since the rack makes the sensor alert constantly if I'm backing.

There are alerts if you attempt to merge into another car in your blind spot though. I have had that happen. Also alerts if you drift out of your lane.

Since the CT is likely to have cameras instead of mirrors, blind spots are going to be much smaller... and maybe gone entirely?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Would like to see bigger battery option on dual motor.
Me too... but I just pulled the trigger on the tri motor regardless.

Tesla tends to charge about $100/ mile for range increases. Adding 200 miles range for $20,000 is just the going rate. Not just Tesla. Rivian charges $10,000 to add 100 miles range too. GM charges $7,000 to add 70 miles. In a way, the upgrade to tri is "Free". GM and Rivian don't upgrade the rest of their trucks when they upgrade the battery, so you pay for more range and get a slower truck.

But... if I could get that extra range for $15,000 with the dual motor I would do that. The tri motor is just asking for trouble.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Me too... but I just pulled the trigger on the tri motor regardless.

Tesla tends to charge about $100/ mile for range increases. Adding 200 miles range for $20,000 is just the going rate. Not just Tesla. Rivian charges $10,000 to add 100 miles range too. GM charges $7,000 to add 70 miles. In a way, the upgrade to tri is "Free". GM and Rivian don't upgrade the rest of their trucks when they upgrade the battery, so you pay for more range and get a slower truck.

But... if I could get that extra range for $15,000 with the dual motor I would do that. The tri motor is just asking for trouble.
? ???? Here, trouble, trouble, trouble. ???? ?

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
If the CT has an external speaker, why not have fun with it? We could make sound effects that are in sync with the throttle. You could make your CT sound like an Italian super car, a classic muscle car or even a Tron light cycle! How about a lion roaring when you hit the horn?!
Every other Tesla model has this, so I think this is almost guaranteed!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Every other Tesla model has this, so I think this is almost guaranteed!
While there are sounds, they don't respond to speed aside from turning off at a set speed. The lion road is possible though, there is already a goat sound.

And honestly, I'd prefer we didn't add more loud vehicles to the mix. I live near a highway and we have more than enough obnoxious sound makers roaring around here.

Keep the noise to parking lot pedestrian alerts, thanks.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
  1. Inclinometer
Likely rumor of this based on UI patents!
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available? 1626886563192

1. Access to pedestrian speaker. Enable music to be played outside.
For SURE will have this. Every Tesla has had this so far.

1. Four-Wheel Steering or at least a great turning radius
Confirmed! Don't feel like getting source, lol.

1. Controls for the vault cover inside the bed so when using it for sleeping you can open up easily
I'd put $1000 on a bet that it'll be controllable from the app at a minimum.

1. No cabin carpet or easily removed carpet with drain plugs so cabin can be washed out when (not if) it gets dirty.
OMG YES PLEASE. I THINK THIS IS MY #1 WISH, THANK YOU.

1. 120 plug in the front and rear storage boxes to plug a cooler in.
Confirmed 120 and 240 in the rear. Unsure about the frunk!

1. High amp 12V terminal in cab with audio connections for expandable audio system
I'm unsure what the purpose of this is. You do know, this is a Tesla, not an Accord? The sound systems in these cars are EXTREMELY dope already!

1. 5.5 Footbed options
This is harder than it sounds with an exoskeleton/unibody design. One of the major drawbacks with a design like the CT--flexible options basically require a whole new car.

Here's my personal wish-list! (don't judge, I don't look at this forum unless I'm a tad buzzed, can't handle all the handle-less talk without some good Scotch and yoga breathing--just a little more inebriated than usually at the moment.)

1. light HUD -- BUT NOT FOR SPEED... or normal dash stuff (I know all you scrubs are wanting your speed in your face ?)... I want a hud with things that I care about that aren't already automated like speed, shifting, lane keeping, merging, etc. For those that want a HUD to see your speed, GO DRIVE A TESLA. Tesla drivers don't look at their speed, the car does that for you. You're clinging to an outdated artifact of the past, you just don't realize it yet. You don't need your speed in your face, I promise! But a HUD with something like my directions (until at least level 4 autonomy), music, calls, texts, etc. would be great.
2. Keep the dash. This is to counter the bad vibes of the minimalist dash haters. You'll thank me someday(maybe?) haha
3. "home base mode", where the CT reserves power and prioritized energy generation for things like 5th wheel campers. Turns off things like active pneumatic suspension (CT goes limp ?), screens, HUD, etc. and prioritizes things that are plugged in and solar generation. Has some kind of cut-off so you can get out if necessary. Like.... "home base mode unless 40% (or 200 miles) or lower". Similar to how the Powerwalls work.
4. Modular trailer batteries! I don't want to have to buy a Tesla trailer to extend my CT range. I want to be able to drop them in my Winnebago, plug them in the CT, and be good to go!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As for controls in the vault to open the cover, I'm pretty sure they have to do this by law in any area big enough for a person to fit to prevent entrapment.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
As for controls in the vault to open the cover, I'm pretty sure they have to do this by law in any area big enough for a person to fit to prevent entrapment.
I think they just have to be able to open a door, not specifically every door. So it might must be the tailgate.

-Crissa
Sponsored