Is 4th Quarter 2021 a realistic delivery date for the Cybertruck?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I'm really hoping they can get one assembly line up at Fremont or Nevada prior to Texas/OK factory being done. This way they can optimize and have all the kinks worked out prior, and have the new factory ready to crank out volume from the start... Why wouldn't that an option?
Keep in mind they are also now pushing to bring the Semi to volume production.

This could be what takes up remaining space at Giga Nevada.
Sponsored

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Keep in mind they are also now pushing to bring the Semi to volume production.

This could be what takes up remaining space at Giga Nevada.
I hope they prioritize the CT first.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I'm really hoping they can get one assembly line up at Fremont or Nevada prior to Texas/OK factory being done. This way they can optimize and have all the kinks worked out prior, and have the new factory ready to crank out volume from the start... Why wouldn't that an option?
It ‘is’ possible. He made the prototype at Fremont and I would be very surprised if they don’t work out the designs and automation there prior to mass production in the Tera Midwest factory. That said, I doubt much more than prototypes will come out of there, but it should help them hit a stride faster in the new plant.

Jerry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
I do not know the intricacies about vehicle design, tooling, supply chains, crash testing and manufacturing challenges, but I do know about development and construction.

I just cannot see how Tesla can build at least one factory and deliver a truck within 18 MONTHS from now with so much to do -- for instance......

Buy the land for the terrafactory (it is only optioned right now) // Environmental Impact Study approval (the public comment period alone is a few months) // Govt. permitting & regulatory approvals // design, bid, construct // utility infrastructure // hire & train factory personnel // figure out where in the world are you going to get so much stainless steel // how you would manufacture so many more batteries when demand cannot even be reasonably met right now, and on and on ....

Texas is not like China where you can build a Tesla factory in about a year (that was amazing). Even with local, state & federal entities advocating such a high profile project, it is still going to be an arduous process to build the factory and deliver trucks; it just isn't going to happen by the end of 2021.

My guess is trucks start to roll out by 1st Q 2023, at the earliest, dang it. Anybody else have thoughts on the timelines?
My 2 cents. As we know This is Elon Musk we’re talking about, love this guy (definitely my role model) as Elon said Aargh! I’m dying to make this CYBERTRUCK like Yesterday! Just like us pumped and excited to get this CT and can’t wait too, he’ll make it happen?as fast as he can, he lets them know he needs this Terafactory by a certain date to start production on the CT, or he’ll find someone who can, in the meantime if they agree, he’ll put up production tents ?and start immediately, (IMO) I’m like everyone here, can’t wait, Saving up on my down payment, love it here too, lots of great Questions and Answers thank you!
Tesla Cybertruck Is 4th Quarter 2021 a realistic delivery date for the Cybertruck? B2C351C1-9433-4068-AF77-C5BF374CFFAF

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I hope they prioritize the CT first.
He already said they are. The CT became top priority pretty quick once pre-orders skyrocketed.

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2023. That’s when the folks who actual convert their $100.00 deposit will be able to pick their up.

Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
Ok, ok. We all have our opinions on when production is going to start but who’s willing to put their money where their mouth is! Lol.

In order to help keep us entertained during the next year, how about a google spreadsheet with everyone’s wager!

I’ll put up a bottle of Kentucky’s finest... A bottle of Woodford Reserve and I’ll say that production and delivery 100% starts in 2021!!

If anyone wants to offer something and take this bet, I’ll put together a spreadsheet.

Let’s have some fun!

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Ok, ok. We all have our opinions on when production is going to start but who’s willing to put their money where their mouth is! Lol.

In order to help keep us entertained during the next year, how about a google spreadsheet with everyone’s wager!

I’ll put up a bottle of Kentucky’s finest... A bottle of Woodford Reserve and I’ll say that production and delivery 100% starts in 2021!!

If anyone wants to offer something and take this bet, I’ll put together a spreadsheet.

Let’s have some fun!
I got a box of 9mm on 1st quarter 2022 for production to be up and running

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Let see what happens if Tesla raises the deposit to 2,500.00

wonder how many will cancel then?

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Let see what happens if Tesla raises the deposit to 2,500.00

wonder how many will cancel then?
I can't wait until that happens and we can actually gauge the real numbers. Bunch of people preordered 3+. Makes me wonder how many of those people are actually serious at buying that amount or it's just for shits/giggles.

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree. Tesla got free money from us to work with. When the times come to cough up the dow, we will see.

No offense but most here have not owned a truck before and don't own a Tesla. So i consider Most of the talk here as just BS. Other EV’s don’t count They are not Tesla’s

A truck is not a car. It’s is way different. There are a lot of important differences.

A Tesla is way different than a ICE car. There is a big Adjustment to driving one. I love our Tesla’s but they are not even close to being perfect.

It is absolutely critical that they work all the bugs out first before they start delivering a 75,000 truck. Let us not forget the tax and license costs truck Owners have high expectations.

I have had a truck my entire driving life. So I am all in. I hope it’s complete and worked out before they release it because I don’t like dealing with the shortfalls issues of my Tesla’s now.

Don’t get me wrong I am very high on Tesla and I respect and admire Elon.

But for the price, they need to be better

my two cents

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

Let’s have some fun!
Hmm. Tesla used to be late on deliveries but MY was early and the China stuff was early so lately they have been outperforming their expectations. I think deliveries will start 3Q 2021. So I will join your position and offer a live lobster dinner from James Hook.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
At this point, it doesn't seem risky at all... Afterall, there are tons of the things pre-order already.

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I do not know the intricacies about vehicle design, tooling, supply chains, crash testing and manufacturing challenges, but I do know about development and construction.

I just cannot see how Tesla can build at least one factory and deliver a truck within 18 MONTHS from now with so much to do -- for instance......

Buy the land for the terrafactory (it is only optioned right now) // Environmental Impact Study approval (the public comment period alone is a few months) // Govt. permitting & regulatory approvals // design, bid, construct // utility infrastructure // hire & train factory personnel // figure out where in the world are you going to get so much stainless steel // how you would manufacture so many more batteries when demand cannot even be reasonably met right now, and on and on ....

Texas is not like China where you can build a Tesla factory in about a year (that was amazing). Even with local, state & federal entities advocating such a high profile project, it is still going to be an arduous process to build the factory and deliver trucks; it just isn't going to happen by the end of 2021.

My guess is trucks start to roll out by 1st Q 2023, at the earliest, dang it. Anybody else have thoughts on the timelines?
Good post. I'll just add that it wouldn't shock me if states like Texas or Oklahoma would move mountains to make it as easy as possible for Tesla to open up a cybertruck plant (i.e. waive environmental review or greatly reduce the process).

Here's to hoping that production starts on time!
Sponsored