Is 4th Quarter 2021 a realistic delivery date for the Cybertruck?

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And now they are changing the metal composition already. I wonder how many times they will change it again before 2023?
Sponsored

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
304L is good stuff but may not have the ballistic specs of full hard 301. I certainly am not going to care too much as it is more important to solve 99%+ problems than 1% silly problem.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
And now they are changing the metal composition already. I wonder how many times they will change it again before 2023?
I am sure they have considered their options the past few years and we are slowly becoming aware of the final decision.
BTW, they have made Cybertruck(s) somewhere and may have a fleet that have been used for all types of testing. It may be possible that production issues are being worked out as we discuss all this.
Does anyone think there is only one cybertruck out there made from balsa wood?

I heard comments from the folks that saw the CT at the Peterson museum that it seemed shinier. Maybe because it was CT #8? made with a different alloy?

Even the reveal CT on stage had broken windows but that is not what they were driving afterwards.

Any guesses how many developmental CTs exist?

Really, I would guess an engineering centric company like Tesla has a evolving stream of prototypes and testing happening as we speculate if not years ago.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
As long as the Cybertruck exoskeleton is manufactured from some grade of stainless steel I am good. I still find it hard to believe Tesla is going to manufacture this beast!

Last edited:

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So... when Elon promoted that it was bullet proof ... it was all BS?

He makes a promotional event and then takes in 750,000 plus deposits at 100.00 each, and changes the design to save money.

Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
Would anyone like to rethink their bets about 2021?! Haha. I’m sticking to my guns as well as my bet of Kentucky Bourbon that we’ll see production in 2021! PS... Yes, there are several prototypes being tested and they have been for quite some time. Just as the land acquisition in Texas seems to have been decided in secrecy long ago, so to are a lot of things in regards to the CT. Can I prove it... No. However, those of us in close proximity to the Gigafactory in Nevada hear things. ??. Time will tell so let’s keep having fun! ??

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If you go by past experience. Not 1 Tesla model, to date, has come out on the initial expected target date. They have all been delayed.
What? The Model Y came out 6 months ahead of the predicted date. Model 3 out of Shanghai was early too. I would not be surprised to see Model 3s and Ys come off the line in Berlin early either.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

He makes a promotional event and then takes in 750,000 plus deposits at 100.00 each, and changes the design to save money.
I don’t know what you are smoking up there but he didn’t say the change of stainless was to save money. I don’t mind your sweeping statements, but as long as there aren’t solid citations for them I just ignore them. Why others don’t is there business.

I don’t think anyone here knows when CTs will start being delivered, but we do know that they will be manufactured at Giga Austin, and that they are grading the land now. Given that Shanghai only took a year to produce cars, there is at least anecdotal evidence that they could produce CTs in Austin in the next 17 months.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Why do you think it will be worse metal, no longer “bullet-proof”, or done as a cost saving measure? What leads you to believe that this is a bait and switch?

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag

I’m not against marketing. Nor trying to get ahead. Elon is not selling snake oil brother. Wrong guy. He is and stands now as The Godfather of electric cars. SOLID! Mad? Sad? Not Me. I’m content with my choices and investments ?
I LOVE MY COUNTRY.

One of the best examples of following your heart and mind. Elon has this ability. You don’t understand even when he has history?
Trust me,
those who have an open mind and willing to see, have a car and if believed enough in Tesla, well, some money too? .

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Elon and his partners took a HUGE gamble starting up Tesla. I am reading his book right now.

Last edited:

Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
Crickets!! Come on guys. We had such a great debate going back and forth on whether 2021 was a realistic delivery date! For all those that were adamant that there was no way, what are your thoughts now and why? As I’ve been saying, bring on 2021 because the first CT’s are GOING to be ready then! ?
PS. If I’m wrong, then I’ll accept the tar and feathering! Lol
Sponsored