Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Could the heat pump be utilized for the cooling off the frunk?
Yes, absolutely but as I mentioned in the previous post I doubt that Tesla add the complexity and cost required to do this as relatively few would want it and third party solutions exist.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would like internal storage for Dash cam and Sentry mode so we don't need removable storage unless we want to transfer the data.

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
I wish that there were performance mods you could do. That's one big thing I'll miss about ICE vehicles. Bigger cam, headers, better flowing heads, turbos, ect. Perhaps Tesla or the aftermarket will come out with things like performance capacitors or rocket boosters or add on battery modules.
I would DEFINITELY like to see the "SpaceX edition" with rocket thrusters! I couldn't NOT get that option!
Or at least be able to set up 2 flame throwers out the back in place of tailpipes that look like rockets firing while driving.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
would be good to have a portable desk in the front seat as an option, so that we can work in the CT at anytime at anywhere.
We are on page 27 of the wish-list forum, and I haven't read them all, so I apologize if this suggestion is stale.

EVs need to broadcast a "safety sound" to alert pedestrians that there's something on the road. Some jurisdictions require that, and other Tesla models offer it. So that's a whole wish-list category for both standard equipment and optional extras.

A road-noise option for sure. But how about some music, engine or turbine sounds, and various kinds of what I'll call "body music."

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I want the CT have a Pre-starlink satellite antenna base mounted for the internet so we can connect to the internet at where we camp in the middle of desert or in the deep mountains.
Elon has said that Starlink won't come with any Tesla anytime soon. However he has said that you could purchase an antenna when they are available and just plug it in when you need internet. The cybertruck will be very easy for this since you will have plugs available in the bed.

As for a mount, you can see that the roof, on the edge of the glass and at the edge near the top of the cover, there looks to be covers that probably reveal inserts for roof racks. I'm sure that either tesla, or another company will make a mount for a starlink antenna to attack to one of these for when you are camping.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We are on page 27 of the wish-list forum, and I haven't read them all, so I apologize if this suggestion is stale.

EVs need to broadcast a "safety sound"
Tesla already incorporates it.

...But it's dumb. It makes the assumption that we should always have loud cars, by testing with those used to loud cars.

-Crissa

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Tesla already incorporates it.

...But it's dumb. It makes the assumption that we should always have loud cars, by testing with those used to loud cars.

-Crissa
I agree that it's mostly dumb, however I can see where it would be useful. I just think you should have the option to turn it off, can anyone confirm whether this sound is always on at low speeds? Turning it off should be an option and have the driver responsible if they end up causing any pedestrian injuries while it's off. My off road lights on my jeep aren't street legal and it's my responsibility to keep them off on the streets. Although maybe the pedestrian sound should be locked on when the vehicle doesn't have a driver inside, like while using smart summon.

At least Tesla is being smart about it, working towards giving us options on what noises we want. I like the idea of being able to play Snake Jazz for my pedestrian warning sound, but that gets old fast. If they can give us more options I think that would make it more tolerable.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Actually not having sounds at low speeds is a serious issue for lots of people. I agree it's important to have vehicles make some noise at low speeds, but please don't make it something that is annoying. We don't need to give people more reasons to hate on EV's. That kinda reminds me of stories about the early autos, and of horse riding public hating on noisy automobiles. :unsure: Change is hard for people.
BTW I also agree it would be very good to be able to disable the sounds for off-road use. Driving quietly in nature would be a good thing.
Sponsored

Last edited: