Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Many criteria to evaluate the Hummer ev on before concluding its any good, but Cybertruck advocates who don't acknowledge the massive girth of the Cybertruck are completely in denial, and ridiculous if they think Rear Wheel Steering is not a brilliant feature.

And one that would greatly benefit the Cybertruck if it had it.
Let alone how it benefits a vehicle in so many situations, on road, parking, and off road.

Here its demonstrated on Sports cars and Hi end Luxury (much shorter than the Cybertruck ) cars !

P.S. I think someone at Hummer has a nut fetish . . . 8 Wheel nuts ! ;)
I guess that's one way to handle the 15,600 Nm
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I predict the Cybertruck will have 8 lug wheels AND might be classified as a medium duty vehicle.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Many criteria to evaluate the Hummer ev on before concluding its any good, but Cybertruck advocates who don't acknowledge the massive girth of the Cybertruck are completely in denial, and ridiculous if they think Rear Wheel Steering is not a brilliant feature.

And one that would greatly benefit the Cybertruck if it had it.
Let alone how it benefits a vehicle in so many situations, on road, parking, and off road.

Here its demonstrated on Sports cars and Hi end Luxury (much shorter than the Cybertruck ) cars !

P.S. I think someone at Hummer has a nut fetish . . . 8 Wheel nuts ! ;)
I guess that's one way to handle the 15,600 Nm
Massive girth of the cybertruck? which other full size crew cab truck are you comparing it to?

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Massive girth of the cybertruck? which other full size crew cab truck are you comparing it to?
You're absolutely right, its size is standard relative to all the full size crew cab truck. Perhaps even smaller than one or two particular ones.

But to me they are all massive, 231.7 inch's is Huuuuge to me.
For guys looking for a full size crew cab truck, the Cybertruck is awesome.
For guys like me who were never interested in a truck, they are drawn to the Cybertruck as brilliant All Purpose Adventure vehicle, but the 2nd Smaller version Cybertruck's proportions would be far more suitable.

Kind of like the expected proportions of the Hummer EV !

Post Edit:

P.S The automotive media Jalopnik, think the Hummer ev is "massive", and needs the rear wheel steering to help reduce its size (virtually) . . . . . . and its more than 2 ft shorter than the Cybertruck !!

"The new electric Hummer will debut next month to eventually do battle with the Tesla Cybertruck, if and when that latter vehicle materializes. GM had previously hinted one of the Hummer’s tricks would be crab-related, and now we get to see it in action a little bit.

Four-wheel steering, of course, has been around for decades. GMC likely imagines some off-road uses for its implementation on it for the Hummer, and parking, too, because this thing will be massive."

Last edited:

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Adventure vehicle sounds great to me also and I would love to pair it with one of Australia’s awesome trailers or small caravans! I would love to know which ones a real Aussie are drawn to because it is really difficult to tell just off of what Youtube is showing.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. Looks like the Hummer EV will have a wireless harness, battery management system.

Where is Tesla on this? Will the CT have this?

ADI wBMS aims to eliminate wired harness for EVs

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vs Hummer EV D1A3B017-44FB-4606-A658-F41F1F1AC0EF

ADI has announced a wireless battery management system (wBMS), which enables automotive manufacturers increased flexibility to scale their electric vehicle fleets into volume production across a wide range of vehicle classes.

This is the first wireless battery management system available for production electric vehicles, and it will debut on General Motors’ production vehicles powered by Ultium batteries.

The implementation of ADI’s wBMS eliminates the traditional wired harness, saving up to 90% of the wiring and up to 15% of the volume in the battery pack, as well as improving design flexibility and manufacturability, without compromising range and accuracy over the life of the battery.

ADI’s wBMS includes all integrated circuits, hardware and software for power, battery management, RF communication, and system functions in a single system-level product that supports ASIL-D safety and module-level security building upon ADI’s proven industry leading BMS battery cell measurement technology.

By delivering high accuracy for the lifetime of the vehicle, the system enables maximum energy use per cell requiredfor best vehicle range and supports safe and sustainable zero-cobalt battery chemistries, such as lithium iron phosphate (LFP).

Additional system features enable batteries to measure and report their own performance, increasing early failure detection, and enabling optimised battery pack assembly. The data can be monitored remotely throughout the battery life cycle – from assembly to warehouse and transport through installation, maintenance and into a second-life phase.

ADI and General Motors recently announced a collaboration, bringing the wBMS technology to General Motors’ Ultium battery platform. The ADI technology helps ensure scalability of the Ultium platform across General Motor’s future lineup, which will encompass different brands and vehicle segments, from work trucks to performance vehicles.

Source: Electronics Weekly

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The wireless means fewer wires, but it also means that stuff we drive past is even more likely to interrupt internal systems.

At that point, why aren't they just pumping a signal into a shielded bus?

I see some advantages, but lots of disadvantages for an industrial vehicle. And wiring harnesses can also be receivers for interference, too, so they're not automatically better.

-Crissa

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I agree with you on that and will add that I found the statement “By delivering high accuracy for the lifetime of the vehicle” odd because they have nothing to go on as far as I know.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
The cybertruck is not massive for all of us that have 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks and want to replace with the cybertruck. If anything, it is a downsizing for us. I know the CT is smaller than my current Ram 2500 megacab diesel. A lot of the tight turning radius things we do offroad could be well handled with torque vectoring of the back wheels, but rear axle steering makes sense for some other things. I mostly envision it being helpful when going slow on pavement, tbh. I don't know how quadrasteer would affect towing capability. If it downgrades the capability for towing, I'm out.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Back when the M3 was first revealed I put a deposit down but then decided that it was just too small for what I wanted so the wait for the CT is really difficult. I have been waiting for years already but the upside to the waiting is I will be able to pay cash. Still the waiting is tough but I am 100% committed to the CT ONLY!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Can not use Rivian tank turn on hard surfaces or softer surfaces you do not want too tear up. Tank turn really can only be used on slick or slippery surfaces and is no use for towing.
Quadrasteer sounds much better.

More on Quadrasteer & towing

** skip to 06:35 for Quadrasteer Demo
I Got a Quadrasteer! + Short Demonstration
Random Chimp
May 29, 2020

Will Quadrasteer have a second life for Extreme Towing and Handling
By MrTruckTV
Sep 7, 2019

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Torque vectoring via traction control can be used to mimic quadrosteer at speed, but no idea if they can implement it.

Lots of things are 'plausible' or 'possible' but very difficult or impossible to implement within real constraints.

-Crissa
Sponsored