EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Š—ŠŠ—-968, Canyonero
Country flag
I would say Mr. Munro should choose the Hummer EV. Quad motor apart, Rivian pales in comparison to Hummer EV in terms of complexity. And I bet SM is more interested in a GM product than a car from a startup

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I would say Mr. Munro should choose the Hummer EV. Quad motor apart, Rivian pales in comparison to Hummer EV in terms of complexity. And I bet SM is more interested in a GM product than a car from a startup
Iā€™m guessing that Sandy would be thinking more as a businessman. So itā€™s less about which one he wants to investigate vs which one his clients will want to pay him to get the information for.

Might be part of why he wants feedback from interested parties because it might show general public interest that a client might be willing to pay to investigate.

But he can decide for himself.

Personally I see the Hummer as being way behind the times and a relatively poor execution. So while it might be somewhat popular, itā€™s probably more of an example of what NOT to do.

Plus the Hummer doesnā€™t even exist yet so who knows when one might actually get built. Time might make the decision for Sandy.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
CyberTruck and Rivian have the credibility at this point. This should be the choice at this time.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Depends on one's perspective I suppose. Certainly Tesla and GM have way more cred than Rivian in terms of their demonstrated ability to make and sell successful BEVs.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Rivian was chosen.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Looking at everything from my perspective, taking all factors into account, subtracting for error, I vote for comparing the five Cybertrucks to... another Cybertruck. Because nothing else is going to compare.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I want him to get one of each.

-Crissa
I'm willing to bet someone is going to pay him to diss-assemble the one he doesn't choose. So he will probably end up getting all three. If he goes for the GMC I bet a bunch of OEM's wanna see what the Rivian looks like and vice versa.

I also wonder is he planning on taking them apart? or just keep them assembled and make videos using them?

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
I'm willing to bet someone is going to pay him to diss-assemble the one he doesn't choose. So he will probably end up getting all three. If he goes for the GMC I bet a bunch of OEM's wanna see what the Rivian looks like and vice versa.

I also wonder is he planning on taking them apart? or just keep them assembled and make videos using them?
Betting he'll disassemble them, that's one of his main calling cards that gains him both credibility and viewers. If he does, what a crystal ball to be able to see what's ahead in the next 5 years. Could be a window to contemplate bankruptcies, stock prices, sales, direction.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Iā€™m guessing that Sandy would be thinking more as a businessman. So itā€™s less about which one he wants to investigate vs which one his clients will want to pay him to get the information for.

Might be part of why he wants feedback from interested parties because it might show general public interest that a client might be willing to pay to investigate.

But he can decide for himself.

Personally I see the Hummer as being way behind the times and a relatively poor execution. So while it might be somewhat popular, itā€™s probably more of an example of what NOT to do.

Plus the Hummer doesnā€™t even exist yet so who knows when one might actually get built. Time might make the decision for Sandy.
the Hummer also isn't a mass market vehicle based on its price range.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag

I think his bread and butter is in his autopsy reports. If he buys the vehicle himself then he can sell the reports to anyone. If someone buys the vehicle and pays him to do the autopsy then that report belongs to that entity. Nevertheless I think you are probably right.
Sponsored