Does any CT owners planning on changing out their RV's or camp trailers for CT?

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I have truck camper that I am quite sure I will not be able to put on CT, I have given thought to what type of camper I might use for travel, folding to low profile Hi-Lo travel trailer, just hit the button to raise the roof and step in to finish trailer set up. I have seen Aliner and many other types just not sure what would make me happy. Conceptually my current truck camper works for me I have a lot of features that 8.5 ft campers do not have, 47 gallon fresh water, 34K btu furnace, wet bathroom with shower, full size queen mattress, 8 cf refrig and much more. I am in my sixties and tents or pulling out slides just are not appealing. Has anyone else given this a thought of what they might do?
Sponsored

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
That's a Huge slide in!

Are you opposed to towing a small camper? I always liked the small 70's Scampers, but they are hard to find in good shape for a reasonable price. A small Airstream Bambi would be nice, but $60k plus they really aren't all that small.

OP
OP
TI4Dan

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
That's a Huge slide in!

Are you opposed to towing a small camper? I always liked the small 70's Scampers, but they are hard to find in good shape for a reasonable price. A small Airstream Bambi would be nice, but $60k plus they really aren't all that small.
I know it's hard to tell but behind my truck is a F150 being towed also, I did this for my son it's his truck that lost a head gasket. I towed it from North Dakota to western Montana about 700 miles. But I always take a dual axle trailer with me that has fun stuff inside Motorcycles and bicycles. So my thoughts are a trailer with a garage or a 5th wheel and I sold my 5th wheel years ago when my sons told me they didn't want to vacation with "mom and dad". Well things changed and we are cool again and fun. But yes I would like a smaller trailer I just am stuck right now. I did look at numerous fiberglass trailers in the 11' to 14' length and for Cybertruck it would really work being light weight and more rounded. Just wondering what others are thinking of doing.
Just one more thought in the pic I am around 40' in length and finding a fuel stations that can have me pull in, now that's interesting I can't just use any fuel station and my range is about 300 miles when towing wisely. Gasoline is easy to find but diesel sometimes is a issue.
You have a keen eye sir, my avatar is my dilemma.

Last edited:

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I have truck camper that I am quite sure I will not be able to put on CT, I have given thought to what type of camper I might use for travel, folding to low profile Hi-Lo travel trailer, just hit the button to raise the roof and step in to finish trailer set up. I have seen Aliner and many other types just not sure what would make me happy. Conceptually my current truck camper works for me I have a lot of features that 8.5 ft campers do not have, 47 gallon fresh water, 34K btu furnace, wet bathroom with shower, full size queen mattress, 8 cf refrig and much more. I am in my sixties and tents or pulling out slides just are not appealing. Has anyone else given this a thought of what they might do?
Currently restoring a 19' Scamp 5th wheel trailer. I plan to give a lift it so the goose neck will reach into bed of CT. Won't be able to fine tune this set up until I actually get the truck, but I've already selected the wrap for the trailer, flat black bottom half and brushed aluminum for top half (closest wrap I can find to match stainless). Sharp angle of the CT and rounded corners of trailer should contrast nicely.

cybercamper

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Student
Country flag
That's a Huge slide in!

Scamp trailers are more popular than ever now. They hold their value incredibly well. (eg. If you paid $14k for one in 2012, it is still worth $10k-$16k)
Lead time is 14 months!!
GoBe.com lead time is less and the ground clearance is much better. Note the downside of good clearance is that you can't park it in the average garage which has a 7' high door opening.

A 16' Airstream is actually a lot bigger and heavier than a 16' Scamp or Casita. And too expensive to be crashing thru the backcountry.

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
I travel a lot for business. i am considering using the Cyber Truck sometimes instead of a hotel. Those early am meetings a few hours away you drive in late take a nap in the Vault and freshen up in the waffle house bathroom the next am.
not often but i sometimes leave late after kids go to bed and am gone by 7 am the next day. why not just sleep in the cybertruck in camp mode the Vault would be secure and hopefully temperature controlled . would still really like a pass thru for this as well.

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
I live full time in a very large 5th wheel. My wife is not interested in downsizing, so if the CT won't pull it, and it probably won't, I may have to upgrade to the semi.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I pull a Coleman Lite 25 and wifey is happy with it. Near full size ref, small sofa and wet bath. I intend to keep it for the CT although I'm looking at Lance 1172 in case CT is classified as heavy duty. It has the amenities that wifey that will make her contented (slide at the back for the sofa) and I'll be able to park at the trail head (or an attraction), take hot breakfast, lunch or a quick nap before a hike. :rolleyes:
Sponsored