CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
The current tri-motor already has the battery capacity & range to pull a lot of the RV trailers in the 5th wheel weight class.
How is 150 miles pulling a 14k pound fifth wheel enough range? Because that is what you will get.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I am reasonably certain that the working class to middle class stiff is not buying the $112,545 Hummer EV.

But 2 million working class to middle class stiffs are buying $40K and up
F-150/250, GMC Chevy 1500, RAM 1500

and 750K stiffs bought these

Probably most F-250/350/450, GMC Chevy 2500/3500, RAM 2500/3500 are bought primarily for towing.

Over half a million people every year pay $50K to $90K.

4. Ford F-Series Super Duty F-250, F-350, and F-450 (264,388)
7. Ram Heavy Duty (149,287)
8. Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD/3500HD (148,819)

10 Most Popular Trucks
Christian Wardlaw | Apr 24, 2019
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/trucks/10-most-popular-trucks

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
How is 150 miles pulling a 14k pound fifth wheel enough range? Because that is what you will get.
Tri-motor is 500mi ( 250mi when towing). Rumors are that 500 mi will be increased to 560 when Cybertruck ships in late 2021. A stop at Level-3 250-350KW Supercharger will bump range up pretty good. A lot for these people are retired on fixed incomes. They are taking their time now (no rush) but need to avoid ICE fuel charges.

5th wheel RVs start appearing regularly in the 7.5K lbs range. And yes a lot only need to tow their RV trailer or horse trailer 150 miles total or 150 a day.

Large RVs are about 2 or more people staying one place for many days or making multiple day long stops . Idea is no motel/hotel bills.

11 national parks within three hours of major U.S. cities are close enough to make an easy day trip and just as worthy of your bucket list.
** This does not count numerous state parks & places where there is camping or RV travel trailers parking.
https://www.jetsetter.com/magazine/11-gorgeous-national-parks-within-3-hours-of-major-u-s-cities/

For more seach for
national parks within 3 hours of "your city/town name"?
state parks within 3 hours of "your city/town name"?

rjo71342

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
current:outlander phev, next:cybertruck
Occupation
custtomer service
Country flag
There are sound rumors from Tesla workers about a possible Quad-Motor Super Performance Cybertruck model capable of insane maneuvers. Anyone have any thoughts?
it has to happen because if a base model rivian can have tank turn and the hummer can have crab then elon will want to make sure that can be added to CYBERBRUTE(australian term)because the hummer is just a token vehicle by most people's accounts

rjo71342

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
current:outlander phev, next:cybertruck
Occupation
custtomer service
Country flag
But 2 million working class to middle class stiffs are buying $40K and up
F-150/250, GMC Chevy 1500, RAM 1500

and 750K stiffs bought these

Probably most F-250/350/450, GMC Chevy 2500/3500, RAM 2500/3500 are bought primarily for towing.

Over half a million people every year pay $50K to $90K.

4. Ford F-Series Super Duty F-250, F-350, and F-450 (264,388)
7. Ram Heavy Duty (149,287)
8. Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD/3500HD (148,819)

10 Most Popular Trucks
Christian Wardlaw | Apr 24, 2019
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/trucks/10-most-popular-trucks
take note that most the super series goes to commercial users for work on road use >50% so a small no off road cred unlike cyber

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Lol.. Clearly you have never been to Texas.. I would say most 3/4 to 1 ton trucks here RARELY even have groceries in the bed.. much less a trailer. If they are dropping the money for an F-450 they do probably use it as a truck.. but those are pretty rare besides fleet. Even fleet trucks here seem to be mostly just for driving around on the companies $.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
it has to happen because if a base model rivian can have tank turn and the hummer can have crab then elon will want to make sure that can be added to CYBERBRUTE( australian term)because the hummer is just a token vehicle by most people's accounts
Well then CyberBrute can't be doing anything so pedestrian as tank turn or crab walk.

With technology of SpaceX and Tesla Supersonic VTOL the CyberBrute will use air suspension to start bouncing higher & higher until it leaves the ground then the rocket thrusters spin the whole truck around. This feature could also be used (without spin) to jump over potholes or obstacles in road :)

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Many expensive trucks are bought by people that aren’t particularly wealthy. They’re spending most everything the make to afford the truck. This is far more true with truck owners in the south than other vehicle owners. For them a fancy new truck is making it in life. A minority are actually wealthy.
When I lived in Arizona there are some copper mines and it was common for the workers to live in trailers and drive brand new diesel 4 wheel drive trucks. The dealerships would sell to the workers even if they had bad credit knowing how much the workers got paid. It was common for a monhly payment to be in excess of $1500 a month

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Cybertruck trimotor towing range is now rumored to be about 280 miles

---------------------------------

North American Camping Report
Sponsored by Kampgrounds of America
2019 for data for year 2018
http://koa.uberflip.com/i/1101994-2019-koa-north-american-camping-report
WHERE PEOPLE ARE CAMPING - Distance from Home
How far camper traveled from home
85% 250 miles or less
80% 200 miles or less
70% 150 miles or less

PROFILE OF A TYPICAL NORTH AMERICAN CAMPER
Take their camping trips as a family vacation with their spouse/significant other (as well as kids and other family members or friends);
• Stay at state/national/provincial parks and most likely to be “destination campers”;
• Travel less than 150 miles from home;

2017 American Camper Report
profiles the more than 40 million people who used camping to connect to the natural world in their own unique ways.
presented by The Coleman Company, Inc. and The Outdoor Foundation
https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2017-Camping-Report__FINAL.pdf
Camping participants traveled an average of 136.8 miles to reach their final camping destinations.
72% travelled 150 miles or less.
80-85% of campers preferred to stay close to home, within 250 miles from home.

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yes and how far? I noticed you didn’t say you were buying one for towing a 5th wheel. I guess no one respond gotta is actually buying a CT for this reason they all just like the idea.
Yes, I have couple of reservations for Cybertruck. Yes, I want to be able to use Cybertruck with 5th wheel trailer. Most of the places I want to take the trailer to are within 200 miles but there are other locations further away I want to goto too.

I did not mention it before because if I am the only one in the world that needs 5th wheel support, asking for it would be pointless.

So I do research to see what the market is. Do other people use this feature.
Based on what I found there are a lot of other people.

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If I can talk the wife into it, I would love to sell the house, buy a 5th wheel, and travel where we want. We are both computer people and have worked remote at various times. With the pandemic, if this has not shown the advantage for employers that computer people do not need to be in the office, not sure what will.

Just need the Starlink or RV park internet that is good enough for work, then we can work where we want. Travel the weekends...

5th wheel is what I would prefer, but first I have to convince the wife of selling the house and buying an RV... which is not a given.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If I can talk the wife into it, I would love to sell the house, buy a 5th wheel, and travel where we want. We are both computer people and ...
I've known a few couples that have done that. When I was a kid, I lived in a snowbird town in Washington state.

Most people who try it, fail horribly. One couple I knew (they were a peer) got divorced after driving 800 miles!

-Crissa

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Cybertruck trimotor towing range is now rumored to be about 280 miles
Maybe a 5,000 pound travel trailer, yes. But just doing the math on a fifth wheel travel trailer weighing 14,000 pounds, and I get an energy requirement of around 2,000Wh/mi. Are you suggesting the CT will come with a 560kWh battery?

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Maybe a 5,000 pound travel trailer, yes. But just doing the math on a fifth wheel travel trailer weighing 14,000 pounds, and I get an energy requirement of around 2,000Wh/mi. Are you suggesting the CT will come with a 560kWh battery?
What math are you doing? Please show detail calculations?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.