Rumor: $98900 price for tri-motor Cybertruck??

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
20% would be $60k for Dual, $84k for Tri.

Hopefully the Tri will come in under $80k to take advantage of the $7500 federal tax credit.
I'm sure one of the trim levels will without any additional options such as upgraded wheels + tires, etc.

The full tilt tri-motor trim won't though.

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
I agree Crissa, if Tesla doesn't make a valid attempt to (keep their word) with reservation holders that made a psychological(and $100) commitment to Tesla on vehicle prices and specs Tesla said they were going to build. There will be a huge backlash. Just like when Rivian raised their prices on reservation holders and had to reverse course, and honor those commitments. As a shareholder, I see that as a very real possibility.
However, so much has changed since release…Inflation, supply chain issues, 4 wheel steering, drive by wire, 4680 problems, etc.

Plus, this is an early release price with unknown options. It IS realistic!

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
To be fair, the Maverick Hybrid is kind of fun but boy, oh boy, is the electric motor in it anemic... I mean, it's really anemic. Like, I can't say it enough. It's weak.
Full size V8 or V6 turbo vs compact MPG orientated hybrid, no comparison. Maverick is too small for those from F150.

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
A $50k Dual Motor is not happening. Add another $20k or so and you will be in the ballpark. Yes, expect a 40% ballpark increase from 2019 reveal prices 4-years ago.

Tesla has a huge Cybertruck reservation list. Tesla can charge pretty much what they want for the first few years because of the insane demand for the product.
AGREED! Additionally, it’s 4 year later with many financial, technological and market changes. Speculation is the nature of the beast…GM and Ford just backed off their “ambitions”, no?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Don't get me wrong. I hope I am pleasantly surprised with the official Dual Motor price on November 30th.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Please remember that Tesla did not promise a mere "500 (or at least well into 400)" miles. They promised "500+" miles. That means at the very least 500 miles, but perhaps more. They were strongly implying something more along the lines of 510 or 520 miles.
If they are going to make these kinds of promises, they need to be held to them.

Last time I checked the website it said “UP TO 500 miles”

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
my industry can not solve all the problems people are bickering about and I have tons of wind millers as friends. Their experiences tells me that continuing to invest billions in that industry is an enormous waste.

We need somewhere between 30 & 50 modern designed nuclear plants in the US, 20-25x the installed solar and natural gas and to some extent coal is likely still gonna be needed for a while.

As far as oil, its an ingredient in so many products currently but we could reasonably stop burning it for energy inside 4 decades.

I’m still secretly hoping that there are still some boutique fuel stations for the people that like Sunday drives in their classics because the amount of people doing it will be completely irrelevant emissions wise. Hopefully ill still be one of them in my monster truck Jeep 😂

teslamaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
Country flag
I didn't dream the "500+" range spec. Here is the information they were disseminating back in November of 2019:

InsideEVs: https://insideevs.com/news/383197/tesla-pickup-truck-reveal-cybertruck-performance/

The Sunday Times: https://www.driving.co.uk/news/tesla-cybertruck-pure-electric-pick-six-tonne-towing-capacity/

Cars.com: https://www.cars.com/articles/how-does-teslas-cybertruck-actually-compare-to-a-ford-f-150-454310/

...and many others.

Last edited:

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag

I understand that and I remember the same information.
I’m just telling you what I says on the website

Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: $98900 price for tri-motor Cybertruck?? IMG_1983

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Text just captured now.
>>>
EXOSKELETON
Cybertruck is built with an exterior shell made for ultimate durability and passenger protection. Starting with a nearly impenetrable exoskeleton, every component is designed for superior strength and endurance, from Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skin to Tesla armor glass.

ULTRA-HARD 30X COLD-ROLLED STAINLESS STEEL
If there was something better, we’d use it. Help eliminate dents, damage and long-term corrosion with a smooth monochrome exoskeleton that puts the shell on the outside of the car and provides you and your passengers maximum protection.

TESLA ARMOR GLASS
Ultra-strong glass and polymer-layered composite can absorb and redirect impact force for improved performance and damage tolerance.

VAULT-LIKE STORAGE
Space for your toolbox, tire and Cyberquad, with room to spare. Utilize 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage — including the under-bed, frunk and sail pillars.

PERFORMANCE AND EFFICIENCY
Now entering a new class of strength, speed and versatility—only possible with an all-electric design. The powerful drivetrain and low center of gravity provides extraordinary traction control and torque—enabling acceleration from 0-60 mph in as little as 2.9 seconds and up to 500 miles of range.
<<<

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
my industry can not solve all the problems people are bickering about and I have tons of wind millers as friends. Their experiences tells me that continuing to invest billions in that industry is an enormous waste.

We need somewhere between 30 & 50 modern designed nuclear plants in the US, 20-25x the installed solar and natural gas and to some extent coal is likely still gonna be needed for a while.

As far as oil, its an ingredient in so many products currently but we could reasonably stop burning it for energy inside 4 decades.

I’m still secretly hoping that there are still some boutique fuel stations for the people that like Sunday drives in their classics because the amount of people doing it will be completely irrelevant emissions wise. Hopefully ill still be one of them in my monster truck Jeep 😂
Ok, think about it this way...

We are all responsible for producing our OWN electricity at our homes. Businesses are responsible for producing their own, to the extent that their footprint allows. And the current providers become "gap fillers" for the rest. The reduction of grid demand then no longer requires upgrading (for capacity, tech and maintenance notwithstanding) Big providers no longer exist.

There is a company that is currently providing and delivering Small Modular Reactors (SMR). Since they are so small, they can have a generic approval, provide minimal risk when compared to large reactors, and can bring the costs to rival traditional power generation. If I recall, the company is NuScale. It is an interesting program.

I think power generation needs to follow the computer model. Once we had large expensive computers that everyone was tied into. Now we are distributed. I see a possible future for electricity that is the same. Just need to keep lobbyists out of the decision process.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The only thing we know for sure is that they initially priced it between the 3 and Y to make it accessible to a large number if people. If they had priced it between the S and X they wouldn't have 2 million pre-orders. Hell, this website might not exist if they priced out half of the potential buyers on this site from the get go.
Sponsored