Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
I didn't get a letter but I did get a call from the local Tesla sales guy working at the closest Tesla showroom. Mentioned it here.
Do they guarantee the end of your lease will coincide with CT's release date ?
Sponsored

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Sustainability
Country flag
Anyone on the forum get an e-mail?

I know that I've read a number of you have been tossing around the idea. Might be worth a call to see what kind of deal you can make?

Some of the lease toward paying the CT, make sure the lease ends when you take delivery of CT, etc.

Would be curious what the community finds out?

Article:

Tesla (TSLA) turns to Cybertruck reservation holders in end-of-year delivery push

https://electrek.co/2020/12/01/tesla-tsla-turns-cybertruck-reservation-holders-delivery-push/

December 1, 2020

Tesla (TSLA) is trying to convince Cybertruck reservation holders to lease new Tesla vehicles now amid an important end-of-year delivery push.

When Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck last year, the automaker started taking reservations with $100 deposits.

The highly-anticipated electric pickup truck had a polarizing design, but Tesla still managed to accumulate over 650,000 reservations, according to the latest tally.

Now Tesla is in the middle of its end-of-year delivery push as it aims to deliver a record number of vehicles this quarter to achieve 500,000 deliveries in 2020.

The automaker needs to deliver over 181,000 vehicles this quarter in order to achieve this goal. Thatā€™s more than 40,000 vehicles over its last quarterly delivery record.

Now weā€™ve learned that Tesla is using its large pool of Cybertruck reservation holders to help with deliveries by trying to convince them to lease a new Tesla while they wait for the electric pickup truck.

Several Cybertruck reservation holders have reached out to Electrek after receiving emails similar to this one from Tesla:

I saw you have a Cybertruck reservation with us, so I wanted to give a courtesy update and provide myself as a resource.
The single motor configuration is currently scheduled to begin production in late 2022 with delivery projected to take place in early 2023.
The dual and tri-motor configurations are currently scheduled to begin production in late 2021 with delivery projected to take place in early 2022.
In the meantime, a lot of Cybertruck reservation holders have been doing 24-36 month leases on our current vehicles to bridge the gap and experience Tesla ownership!
We are currently offering a $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward eligible for California residents registering their car in-state on top of other California state incentives that you could apply before the end of the year.

If you are interested in securing pricing on our current S3XY models, please respond ā€˜Yesā€™ and I will be happy to give you a call.
Furthermore, Tesla appears to have delayed the timeline of deliveries for the Cybertruck since people have previously associated the start of production in late 2021 with the start of deliveries, but these emails appear to point to deliveries not starting until 2022.

Electrekā€™s Take
This is not too surprising. Tesla has a giant pool of emails from people who are clearly at least interested in electric vehicles.

It makes sense to try to push them to go electric early, especially with the kind of volume that Tesla aims to achieve this quarter.
As an Aussie, I'd already realised we'd need to get a model Y in the interim. It's gonna be few years wait for the CT for us

Mhayes38

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, JeepWrangler
Occupation
Robotics
Country flag
I donā€™t often get mails from Tesla and sometimes wonder if they have forgotten me. My number is pretty high (250K, corrected to 80K) and no email.
Iā€™m 35K ish and in Ohio. No email or communication. I figure Iā€™m 18 months away from now.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Anyone on the forum get an e-mail?

I know that I've read a number of you have been tossing around the idea. Might be worth a call to see what kind of deal you can make?

Some of the lease toward paying the CT, make sure the lease ends when you take delivery of CT, etc.

Would be curious what the community finds out?

Article:

Tesla (TSLA) turns to Cybertruck reservation holders in end-of-year delivery push

https://electrek.co/2020/12/01/tesla-tsla-turns-cybertruck-reservation-holders-delivery-push/

December 1, 2020

Tesla (TSLA) is trying to convince Cybertruck reservation holders to lease new Tesla vehicles now amid an important end-of-year delivery push.

When Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck last year, the automaker started taking reservations with $100 deposits.

The highly-anticipated electric pickup truck had a polarizing design, but Tesla still managed to accumulate over 650,000 reservations, according to the latest tally.

Now Tesla is in the middle of its end-of-year delivery push as it aims to deliver a record number of vehicles this quarter to achieve 500,000 deliveries in 2020.

The automaker needs to deliver over 181,000 vehicles this quarter in order to achieve this goal. Thatā€™s more than 40,000 vehicles over its last quarterly delivery record.

Now weā€™ve learned that Tesla is using its large pool of Cybertruck reservation holders to help with deliveries by trying to convince them to lease a new Tesla while they wait for the electric pickup truck.

Several Cybertruck reservation holders have reached out to Electrek after receiving emails similar to this one from Tesla:

I saw you have a Cybertruck reservation with us, so I wanted to give a courtesy update and provide myself as a resource.
The single motor configuration is currently scheduled to begin production in late 2022 with delivery projected to take place in early 2023.
The dual and tri-motor configurations are currently scheduled to begin production in late 2021 with delivery projected to take place in early 2022.
In the meantime, a lot of Cybertruck reservation holders have been doing 24-36 month leases on our current vehicles to bridge the gap and experience Tesla ownership!
We are currently offering a $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward eligible for California residents registering their car in-state on top of other California state incentives that you could apply before the end of the year.

If you are interested in securing pricing on our current S3XY models, please respond ā€˜Yesā€™ and I will be happy to give you a call.
Furthermore, Tesla appears to have delayed the timeline of deliveries for the Cybertruck since people have previously associated the start of production in late 2021 with the start of deliveries, but these emails appear to point to deliveries not starting until 2022.

Electrekā€™s Take
This is not too surprising. Tesla has a giant pool of emails from people who are clearly at least interested in electric vehicles.

It makes sense to try to push them to go electric early, especially with the kind of volume that Tesla aims to achieve this quarter.
Hoping to get the new batteries 4680 and a range at least of 600 miles for trimotor...!!!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The stock price is about to get hammered.
I spiked the crap out of it and have already made more in terms of returns than any fair person deserves to.

that being said if youā€™re not comfortable holding for 4-8 years at this point Iā€™d recommend dumping it
with inclusion to the S&P looming? its going up ......

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
As someone who is a bit late to the EV game and does not own a Tesla, i'd LOVE to be able to lease a Model 3 or Y until i can get my Cybertruck; However, i'd want the lease term to end the day i take delivery of my Cybertruck.
Same. Maybe even a 1 or 2K discount on the truck because of leasing a tesla before delivery..

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
No Tesla email re: leasing. In Nebraska we do not have a sales or service center due to the ignorant law protecting dealerships. Maybe the distance to a sales center has an effect on if you got the lease email offer or not as part of their predictive algorithm.

ThomasG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru Forester
Country flag
Wow, single motor folks have to wait an extra year?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The stock price is about to get hammered.
I spiked the crap out of it and have already made more in terms of returns than any fair person deserves to.

that being said if youā€™re not comfortable holding for 4-8 years at this point Iā€™d recommend dumping it
Based on what? No one knows what the damned market will do.

CyberG

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85+
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Do they guarantee the end of your lease will coincide with CT's release date ?
Iā€™d be worried they would say yes and then push me back further to milk a longer lease out of me.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
No Tesla email re: leasing. In Nebraska we do not have a sales or service center due to the ignorant law protecting dealerships. Maybe the distance to a sales center has an effect on if you got the lease email offer or not as part of their predictive algorithm.
I don't think it was a "Tesla" initiative at all, just one rep somewhere. We've heard of what, two people who have got the email?

TeslaCyberTruckJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silverado 1500, 2015 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I didn't get any email, but I just made my reservation last month. My local Tesla reps here in TN did ask if I had thought about leasing one. I'm not interested in leasing one, as I know that I want one, so I'm not too worried about it.