Will Canadian reservation holders be part of first push?

Tommytuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Hi All - I have a 2017 MX that i got used in 2019 so never part of ordering a new Tesla model prior to deliveries.

I'm based in Toronto - wondering if Canadian Reso holders will be part of the first wave of deliveries or if we will have to wait further into the roll out? How did things go for early reservation holders of the model 3 and model y in Canada?
Sponsored

Ahuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Refresh S took about 3 months extra to hit Canada, I could see Cybertruck being a longer wait though. Hard to say.

OP
OP

Tommytuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Refresh S took about 3 months extra to hit Canada, I could see Cybertruck being a longer wait though. Hard to say.
wonder if any safety aspects could hold us up - I.e digital rear view mirror?

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
We should probably start seeing them in January probably, I believe Tesla is emailing all the Tri-Motor reservations in sequential order and if you pass, it goes to the next one. No idea how long the queue is or how many people will cancel. But I don't think they will start producing Dual Motors until they exhaust the list of Tri-Motor reservations. It could be only a few months' wait even if you order today for a loaded Cyberbeast with FSD at full price.

Ahuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
We should probably start seeing them in January probably, I believe Tesla is emailing all the Tri-Motor reservations in sequential order and if you pass, it goes to the next one. No idea how long the queue is or how many people will cancel. But I don't think they will start producing Dual Motors until they exhaust the list of Tri-Motor reservations. It could be only a few months' wait even if you order today for a loaded Cyberbeast with FSD at full price.
Interesting point, Tesla could be incentivized to push through newer orders paying bigger money for FSD as opposed to 2019 orders without FSD at all.

Nabilriaz69

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
wonder if any safety aspects could hold us up - I.e digital rear view mirror?
there are side mirrors on cyber truck as per North American rules ,

BlackCyber

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Builder
According to my reservation number it's September 2024 for me

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I was a first day reservation holder for the M3 in 2016 and they started to deliver in July of 2017 and I got mine in June of 2018. Mind you they went through production hell for the M3 as it was the first mass produced tesla but my VIN shows that it was the 28 K one made so that is fairly early.

There is another factor here in that in Ontario in June of 2018, we had an election and Ford was elected and part of his platform was to cancel the 14 K EV rebate of Wynne, which he did. Somehow I think that was a factor in pushing M3's to Ontario.

On another note, I am a little concerned that on the Tesla Canada website there are no prices, hopefully this will change in the new year and hopefully they will give us a break as we don't get the federal grant like the US.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I was a first day reservation holder for the M3 in 2016 and they started to deliver in July of 2017 and I got mine in June of 2018. Mind you they went through production hell for the M3 as it was the first mass produced tesla but my VIN shows that it was the 28 K one made so that is fairly early.

There is another factor here in that in Ontario in June of 2018, we had an election and Ford was elected and part of his platform was to cancel the 14 K EV rebate of Wynne, which he did. Somehow I think that was a factor in pushing M3's to Ontario.

On another note, I am a little concerned that on the Tesla Canada website there are no prices, hopefully this will change in the new year and hopefully they will give us a break as we don't get the federal grant like the US.
Further to your last note, don't forget that Tesla converts to Canadian with any formula it decides, then adds over $1000 for delivery. To that total, Canada adds 13% taxes -- plus another 10% tax on the amount over C$100k. So I expect the C$ price for the dual to be at least $150,000.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Further to your last note, don't forget that Tesla converts to Canadian with any formula it decides, then adds over $1000 for delivery. To that total, Canada adds 13% taxes -- plus another 10% tax on the amount over C$100k. So I expect the C$ price for the dual to be at least $150,000.
That's a little high, I expect the duel to be around 125-128 CAD

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
GVWR above 8500lbs are exempt from the luxury tax, so at least there is that.

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag

It was a factor. Tesla actually pushed forward a bunch of Canadian Model 3 Deliveries because of it so customers could get the tax credit before it expired. Ah, the memories of spending too much time tracking Model 3 deliveries in early 2018...

Maybe I should re-evaluate how I spend my time as I seem to be repeating that behavior!

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
It was a factor. Tesla actually pushed forward a bunch of Canadian Model 3 Deliveries because of it so customers could get the tax credit before it expired. Ah, the memories of spending too much time tracking Model 3 deliveries in early 2018...

Maybe I should re-evaluate how I spend my time as I seem to be repeating that behavior!
any idea as to why the prices aren't showing on the Canadian tesa website? Perhaps deliveries are too far out for Canada and they don't want to risk a mistake on the exchange rate.

Ahuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
5% tax for some of us ;)
Sponsored