Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Bear vaults, keep scents of food down, avoid crumbs and open wrappers in the vehicle.

I don't know if this works, per se, but it's what I've always done with my vehicle camping.

The hard exterior of the Cybertruck will be much more resistant to the animal dancing atop it.

-Crissa
We've heard Elon say that a person could stand on the tonneau but I doubt it would support a full grown bear.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We've heard Elon say that a person could stand on the tonneau but I doubt it would support a full grown bear.
We've seen Elon bounce up and down atop it. I'm not sure a bear will go through it, but they might damage it.

It'll be interesting to find out.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
We've seen Elon bounce up and down atop it. I'm not sure a bear will go through it, but they might damage it.

It'll be interesting to find out.

-Crissa
If I were sleeping inside and a bear climbed on top, I guess I'd crawl in the drivers seat and start driving somewhere. Hopefully the bear would jump/fall off. Wouldn't really want this experience but the possible claw marks would certainly be bragging rights.

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Drawings drawings drawings....
1. As aerodynamic as possible.
2. Stand up height (6' 4") behind the bed.
3. Uses the maximum legal length behind the bumper of 48".
Tesla Cybertruck Crowdsource camper design for Cybertruck CT Shell 6'4%22 inside copy

Last edited:

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
This camper shell assumes the rear roof glass can be removed along with the mid gate. It's finest feature is a 13 foot long full height walkway (6' 4"). Probably about 8'6" tall overall. Guessing a 20% reduction in range due to aerodynamic drag at freeway speed.
Tesla Cybertruck Crowdsource camper design for Cybertruck CT shell cieling glass removed

Last edited:

cybercamper

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Student
Country flag
This is what I've been imagining. But there is a big problem with a 4' rear overhang this close to the ground whenever you go through a swale.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If I were sleeping inside and a bear climbed on top, I guess I'd crawl in the drivers seat and start driving somewhere. Hopefully the bear would jump/fall off. Wouldn't really want this experience but the possible claw marks would certainly be bragging rights.
funny......I'll bet the claws will fit right in with the grain of the stainless steel panel....hahaha

Skipperoo

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 Ram 2500
Occupation
Murse
Country flag
Simple aluminum topper with full stand up height (6'' 4") over the entire bed. This could cost less than $2,000.
CT 6-3 aero .jpeg
I like the simplicity of this. Swing up bed over cab, and lots of real estate for solar if the CT comes with solar charging input. I envision something like this with hard chines and match/carry through the CT angles for ease of construction and complimentary looks. Minus the solar, this could weigh well under a couple hundred pounds. Also this would allow space for Cyberquad!

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
R: bear issues; how about an electric fence (the white plastic rope with with thru it), as used to keep stock in / out of areas?
There is power available and it would be easy to put up.

First Name
Grandma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
One of the things I thought about most with a Bed Shell and a possible Pass Through option and camping out. How much avg. mileage would be depleted from Battery running the AC very low for 8-10 hours overnight to cut on the Texas humidity. And I would really like an option on a single motor to get a extended battery.
We have camped in the Tesla Model 3 staying at KOA'S from California to Arkansas, and the average daily loss of battery for over night comfort during August 2020 was minimal as we used the KOA'S 50 amp and/or 110 amp electrical outlets. For traveling the supercharger network is awesome. The 6 inch memory foam tri-fold twin XL mattress was so nice, a bit tight for two LARGE adults, but do able. Extra pillows on both sides actually transform the bed into a double. The shelf is nice for storing a laptop for streaming and a clock, but having it gone would be nicer. This problem has been solved in the Model Y. Looking forward to my Cybertruck.
Sponsored