Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021. I own a Model 3, and have driven pickups all my life and really wanted the CT. However, my wife is concerned about the size of the CT and would rather I not get it. Cool, I've got my eye on a replica '34 Ford, 3-window, chopped top coupe with a big V8. My wife says okay to the '34. I live in Maryland. Would anyone in the MId-Atlantic States want to pay a small premium if I bought the thing and re-sold it here in Maryland? I signed up for the dual-motor without the FSD. I can't afford two toys. sigh...(But how cool would it be to tow the '34 around with the CYBRTRK? )
OK, so you take delivery of your CT, put it up for sale immediately for a $5,000 premium, if it sells, great, you're 5,000 ahead. If not, you just 'splain to the wife nobody be buyin', you have to keep it. Win-win.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wouldn't even think much of it, as long as you only did the one: Not everyone who has cash at delivery, or terms, would have been able to put down the $100 on reveal night.

We got our house from a guy who had cash to get it from foreclosure, but we financed with an FHA first-time-buyer loan, which the foreclosure auction wouldn't have accepted.

So sometimes, middlemen are needed.

-Crissa

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
Man you gotta ditch that woman she sounds like she would be wrong about a bunch of other stuff too.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Man you gotta ditch that woman she sounds like she would be wrong about a bunch of other stuff too.
I’ll buy your reservation or the truck at the same cost you paid for it.

OP
OP
Sputter

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK, so you take delivery of your CT, put it up for sale immediately for a $5,000 premium, if it sells, great, you're 5,000 ahead. If not, you just 'splain to the wife nobody be buyin', you have to keep it. Win-win.
Yeah, Crissa, great idea. I'll take delivery (actually, will ride my GS1200 to the factory), enjoy the thing for a while then try to sell it for a small profit.

FrostyCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 MustangGT-700rwhp, 21' & 22' M3 LR, CT res.
Occupation
Self employed - refrigeration service
Country flag
“I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021”
I was at my inbox when the offer came in for both the CT and Starlink. I didn't even read the ULA, I just mashed the accept buttons, LOL. Hope I am in line early like I was for Starlink, cust #51.

At one time I was buying a LOT of surplus military vehicles.......I had more Deuce and a halfs than some of the military units I served in. My wife said "if you buy one more military vehicle I'm outta here".
I sure miss her biscuits.
lol

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Wait, you're selling your wife?

:unsure:

How much is the reservation?

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
2nd day reservation is several years from taking delivery. The resale value is going to drop in the extra year or two from first deliveries. There may be a little profit but not nearly as much as an early reservation. My CT reservation is at about 27,000 (first 15-20 minutes in to unveiling). I'm not likely to see that vehicle until 2024 and only then if I decided to hand over a $100k for a quad motor variant. It's only a $100 preorder, just hang on to it for a few years and see what happens.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm not likely to see that vehicle until 2024 and only then if I decided to hand over a $100k for a quad motor variant.
This part is wrong. They lost a year of production they expected to have because the Model Y line in Texas didn't pick up the slack, and parts availability has sscrewed with this year's output. So Model S and X are delayed. That doesn't affect the Cybertruck ramp twice over.

Also, no one knows the truck prices yet.

It's only a $100 preorder, just hang on to it for a few years and see what happens.
This is the right attitude! ?

-Crissa

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
Also, no one knows the truck prices yet.

This is the right attitude! ?

-Crissa
Thats the spirit !

I am glad for having reserved more than one CT. ?
Whatever they build first I am happy to get (at a reasonable price).
Later on they will ship other trims, so I can sell and switch to a newer and improved version.

Demand and resale value will stay high for a long time.

And last but not least:
I will keep my SingelEngine CT reservations (with FSD!)
Those might become RoboTaxis in 2030 LOL.
Otherwise the refunded reservation fee will be enought to take the Family to McD once in 2030. :rolleyes:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Demand and resale value will stay high for a long time.
Totally agree!

Otherwise the refunded reservation fee will be enought to take the Family to McD once in 2030.
If we are lucky :)

Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
Hey Sputter, order another Cyber Truck (this time don't forget the fsd) then cancel the first one for the wife. That way you do just what she asked plus you make a ton of money pimping out your Cyber Truck on the robots I network. Win Win

;0)
I know a guy on twitter that bought 12 reservations for that very reason. Might be a viable option.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Sounds to me like a ton of people are going to be buying CT with plans to flip them or robotaxi them will eventually come to the realization that when everyone does it.. no one is renting a robotaxi or buying overpriced CTs. Reminds me of a similar fad with similar failed end results in the photo/video equipment rental market. Everyone got grand ideas to buy the expensive cameras they always wanted and to have the camera pay for itself using sharegrid and other equipment rental websites.. only to realize that everyone else did the same and no one could make their money back cause it was a mad race to cheapest day rate for the rental. Ended up with lots of risk taking unhappy people.

Best of luck. I'll be happy purchasing the one I want/need/afford for personal use.
Sponsored