Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Greetings all,

I am planning on something more along these lines.. Endless possibilities and zero consequences (of course except time and money).

https://www.dipyourcar.com/pages/dyc-vehicle-kits

I think I am liking the Anthracite.

Google image search:
Tesla Cybertruck Elon Confirmed: Cybertruck Colors Options Will Require Wrap dipyourcar.JPG
Sponsored

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
For the inexperienced, if you wrap it, and the wrap is bad, and you want to re-wrap or just go back to stainless, is that an easy exercise or would it potentially damage the surface of the stainless? My concern is new vehicle, new material, and thus some wrap companies that don't get it right the first time.
Great question!

OverlandCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA sportage, Honda CRV
Occupation
student
Country flag
there are other options for finishes besides wraps, acid etching and black oxide coating. Especially the black oxide coating looks really good and can be applied to a large area easily.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
What a boon this is going to be for vinyl wrap shops and businesses. With the Cybertruck reservation numbers showing that it's going to sell in high volume and with every single one of them coming only in unfinished stainless steel, there's going to be a much higher percentage of CT owners wrapping their trucks than probably any other vehicle on the market.

Owners are going to want to differentiate their Cybertrucks from the millions of others out on the road. And they're going to do it with a full wrap, partial wrap, or vinyl stripes / graphics.
The minute my number gets called, I'm off to the wrap world. Even my garage charging connection can wait.

I hope that some major wrap supplier will offer pre-cut material for owners to apply themselves, at least as soon as one of them gets their hands on a CT.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The minute my number gets called, I'm off to the wrap world. Even my garage charging connection can wait.

I hope that some major wrap supplier will offer pre-cut material for owners to apply themselves, at least as soon as one of them gets their hands on a CT.
What color? Pattern? Are you going for a solid or some logo?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
What color? Pattern? Are you going for a solid or some logo?
Haven't studied the depictions that closely but the ones that most impressed me were those that looked like marble or granite slabs. I think there were three such in the samples early in this thread.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Haven't studied the depictions that closely but the ones that most impressed me were those that looked like marble or granite slabs. I think there were three such in the samples early in this thread.
So camo of a mountain boulder... People will get an Indiana Jones scare if the look in the rear view mirror and see a granite boulder chasing them.

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep, 2002 Porsche 911
Country flag
Ohhhhhh, matte black would be nice!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Hi There, dose anyone know how much the wrapping will be?!
We don't know how much the trucks will be, so we don't know how much the wrapping service will be.

The paint colors from Tesla have been from 3k to 10k, which hopefully won't be relevant.

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
What a boon this is going to be for vinyl wrap shops and businesses. With the Cybertruck reservation numbers showing that it's going to sell in high volume and with every single one of them coming only in unfinished stainless steel, there's going to be a much higher percentage of CT owners wrapping their trucks than probably any other vehicle on the market.

Owners are going to want to differentiate their Cybertrucks from the millions of others out on the road. And they're going to do it with a full wrap, partial wrap, or vinyl stripes / graphics.
Exactly!

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Country flag
Oh we’re definitely going to see rhinoliner / linex / bedliner sprayed Cybertrucks. It’s as industrial looking as stainless steel, is tons tougher than vinyl wrap, and easier to repair than vinyl wrap.

And it sticks to stainless steel just fine as long as you prep the surface by sanding the polished surface for adhesion.

I think it looks good if you’re going with the matte look anyway. It’s got a texture to it so it hides imperfections better than flat vinyl which will show imperfections easily on super flat large planes like the Cybertruck body.

ustomer-line-x-jeep-wrangler-jk-unlimited-6-4-hemi.jpg

1587097501421.jpeg
That totals the vehicle painting it in bedliner, no coming back from it once you do it. Makes no sense.
Sponsored