g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
If one thing is for absolute certainty, we will have SOME news during the call. Top questions currently, sitting in position 6 is "How is production planning going for the Cybertruck? What is the initial phase 1 production target? When can we expect an update on pricing and final design?"

They usually answer 10-15 questions or so.

Just throwing this out in case people don't know.

source

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If one thing is for absolute certainty, we will have SOME news during the call. Top questions currently, sitting in position 6 is "How is production planning going for the Cybertruck? What is the initial phase 1 production target? When can we expect an update on pricing and final design?"

They usually answer 10-15 questions or so.

Just throwing this out in case people don't know.

source
There is also a question on 4680 ramp. I expect a lot of discussion on 4680, it’s arguable a more significant topic for shareholders and Cybertruck ramp relies on it.

Last quarter’s comments on Cybertruck were in response to one of these questions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
The midgate, rethinking.

The track isn't attached to the seats at all, the track is part of body, seats just fold down and are unaffected.

This solves 2 things.

Structural support so midgate doesn't get "smooshed" or the tonneau mangled when you pass through/ over the mid gate when folded or have heavy objects on top of seat back since it isn't "sitting" partially in the back of the seats when rolled up, as I believe it previously would have been.

the track doesn't become unaligned at all.

Seat back doesn't really provide much other than the body closure. Rear glass rolls down into the seat I guess? Haven't thought that through.

This is the ONLY existing video to my knowledge of tonneau rolling out. It CLEARLY passed through seats, and this was before any midgate discussion entered chat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Nooo not this conversation again. Dual is 49.

-Crissa
I've got 4(nov 17th my speculative CT event)-6 weeks(dec 1st semi event) to make baseless guesses. But yesterdays numbers gave some clarity on guessing game I thought :)

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Love that video of the cover operating. It is one of the reasons I love this truck. People talking about getting rid of it are insane.
Absolutely blows my MIND people think that's expendable. That's part of the economical game of this truck. That does wonders for drag I'd imagine.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The midgate, rethinking.

The track isn't attached to the seats at all, the track is part of body, seats just fold down and are unaffected.

This solves 2 things.

Structural support so midgate doesn't get "smooshed" or the tonneau mangled when you pass through/ over the mid gate when folded or have heavy objects on top of seat back since it isn't "sitting" partially in the back of the seats when rolled up, as I believe it previously would have been.

the track doesn't become unaligned at all.

Seat back doesn't really provide much other than the body closure. Rear glass rolls down into the seat I guess? Haven't thought that through.

This is the ONLY existing video to my knowledge of tonneau rolling out. It CLEARLY passed through seats, and this was before any midgate discussion entered chat.

This pic raises questions for me

I can't see why the midgate is built as a separate piece if it wasn't meant to open.

That the glass can be removed/opened, and the whole frame can also be folded down is intriguing. Maybe it can't.

To me, it's possible the tonneau could be engineered to fold with the midgate, but most likely retracts past it. Imo.

imo as you say, the tonneau would not be exposed to the back seats and the seats which fold and have storage under would not form part of the track.. who would design that ? What a silly notion.

Tesla Cybertruck 2 Cybertruck Exoskeleton Bodies Arrive at Giga Texas! * UPDATE * Elon Confirmed 1666309263679

Soon, all will be revealed.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
This pic raises questions for me

I can't see why the midgate is built as a separate piece if it wasn't meant to open.

That the glass can be removed/opened, and the whole frame can also be folded down is intriguing. Maybe it can't.

To me, it's possible the tonneau could be engineered to fold with the midgate, but most likely retracts past it. Imo.

imo as you say, the tonneau would not be exposed to the back seats and the seats which fold and have storage under would not form part of the track.. who would design that ? What a silly notion.

1666309263679.png

Soon, all will be revealed.
Yea, just kinda rethinking the "does it need to go through the seat???" thing. One less thing to need to be aligned.

For comparison, the R1T bed cover is a J O K E in build. It stacks "vats" the lock to one another and by spring is pushed out, driven by a geared motor. That spring will get tired, who knows how long. Supposedly they're changing that. Again, i think Cybertruck comes out swinging and will be ruthless.
Sponsored