Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Hi there, I have a few questions regarding the CT's size.

First of all, Snazzy Labs said that the bench seat was 6 feet across... Can anybody confirm that? That would be great since I'm planning on carrying people.

Second, how wide it the CT. All numbers say 79.9 inches. However, Elon reduced the size by 3% because he said it was too wide for tunnels. The Model X is 79 inches... Is the CT really gonna narrower than the Model X or was the truck wider than written everywhere? (Having a truck that's 66.5 inches wide, 75 - 82 inches tall, and 225 inches long is gonna look UGLY) Does anybody know anything about its actual width?

Thanks.
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag

First of all, Snazzy Labs said that the bench seat was 6 feet across... Can anybody confirm that? That would be great since I'm planning on carrying people.

Second, how wide it the CT. All numbers say 79.9 inches. However, Elon reduced the size by 3% because he said it was too wide for tunnels. The Model X is 79 inches... Is the CT really gonna narrower than the Model X or was the truck wider than written everywhere? (Having a truck that's 66.5 inches wide, 75 - 82 inches tall, and 225 inches long is gonna look UGLY) Does anybody know anything about its actual width?

Thanks.
I think the prototype was 83” wide, largely due to the tires. I suspect it will be around 80” in production with normal tires and no real width change to the actual cabin.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag

Thanks.
additionally, its not a bench seat, three separate seating areas in the front row
Tesla Cybertruck How Big Is The Interior/Truck Actually? 1614705687872

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We don't know yet, no one outside the design team and Elon has seen the production intent model yet.

-Crissa
^^this^^

we can speculate, but it would all be pure guesswork. Elon was a big tease when he said they would show an updated version a month or so back in November....

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Like said above, there are 3 separate seats in both front and rear.

The exterior width is unknown. Apparently the prototype was about 84" wide and we have been told that the final design will be close to 3% smaller but nothing has been said about where that 3% is coming from. Elon did say that the reduction is because the CT didn't fit well in the Boring tunnel so we could assume it is from the width but I wouldn't bet on that. The original published width I think was 79" (and yes that was including the tires we guess) so the drawing above looks pretty good and that would suggest that the seats-width is about 60". Assuming (big assumption) that the driver and passenger seat are larger (say, 22"), then the middle seat would only be about 16".

I don't think your source on dimensions is reliable. We were given a minimum ground clearance of 8" and a minimum height of 75" and a suspension range of +/- 4" so we add 8" to 75" and we get 83". I believe that the stated length is 232".

Ugly is a subjective evaluation. Personally I don't care.

OP
OP

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Like said above, there are 3 separate seats in both front and rear.

The exterior width is unknown. Apparently the prototype was about 84" wide and we have been told that the final design will be close to 3% smaller but nothing has been said about where that 3% is coming from. Elon did say that the reduction is because the CT didn't fit well in the Boring tunnel so we could assume it is from the width but I wouldn't bet on that. The original published width I think was 79" (and yes that was including the tires we guess) so the drawing above looks pretty good and that would suggest that the seats-width is about 60". Assuming (big assumption) that the driver and passenger seat are larger (say, 22"), then the middle seat would only be about 16".

I don't think your source on dimensions is reliable. We were given a minimum ground clearance of 8" and a minimum height of 75" and a suspension range of +/- 4" so we add 8" to 75" and we get 83". I believe that the stated length is 232".

Ugly is a subjective evaluation. Personally I don't care.
I said 75 - 82 inches but meant 75 - 83, oops. And I said 225 inches long because 232 minus 3% is 225. As for the width, I just wrote what has been written in every article and was stated at the unveiling.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I said 75 - 82 inches but meant 75 - 83, oops. And I said 225 inches long because 232 minus 3% is 225. As for the width, I just wrote what has been written in every article and was stated at the unveiling.
I think you should use @Diehard's drawings and guess what the seat-width is going to be. Your guess is as good as mine or anyone else's. And if you want to drop 3% it 'could' be all from the width. I doubt any of it will be from the height. Maybe a bit from the length. If it was taken all from the width it would amount to about 2 1/2".

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Yeah, is it 3% volume or 3% exterior dimention or...

??‍♀

-Crissa
I just picture Old Musky playing with a scale slider in CAD and landing on 97% size. He then told them to make it so.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah, is it 3% volume or 3% exterior dimention or...

??‍♀

-Crissa
could just be 3% narrower since the reasoning was how tight it was in the boring tunnel. If you look at the video height and length were not an issue, just width.

but again....just a guess

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
could just be 3% narrower since the reasoning was how tight it was in the boring tunnel. If you look at the video height and length were not an issue, just width.

but again....just a guess
Someone told the OP that the CT will have a 6' bench seat in the front so it seems like the OP is concerned about the size of the seated area. I suggest watching the unveiling video that shows large people getting into and out of the CT front and rear and worry less about the actual width:

For tiny me it won't be an issue but I suspect it won't be an issue unless you have 2+ Shaquille O'Neals in the truck.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
But the production CT will be 3% smaller than the CT at the unveiling.

So just imagine people that are 3% smaller than the people in the video. :)

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
But the production CT will be 3% smaller than the CT at the unveiling.

So just imagine people that are 3% smaller than the people in the video. :)
Actually, decided to lose some weight this year. I am already past 3% smaller (by weight, anyway). So the new dimensions won't feel any different! :LOL:
Sponsored