mlee168

First Name
Mon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Plugin
Country flag
Sounds like Tesla is changing direction from using the same/similar air suspense as the Model S/X to one that is design for the Cybertruck. Does anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sounds like Tesla is changing direction from using the same/similar air suspense as the Model S/X to one that is design for the Cybertruck. Does anyone have any info on this?
I haven't heard anything about the air shocks being fundamentally different.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
If they come up with a better physical screen? Come out with an aftermarket upgrade.
If they come up with better air suspension? Make the part available for order.
if they have a better heat/cooling seat upgrade? Ability to order that from the company.

I mean, if you come out with so many upgradable parts that would exceed the cost of a new vehicle with everything built in then sure I probably just buy the new CT.
Cybertruck is the vehicle to introduce paradigm change. Tesla could very well treat Cybertruck as its marqee iconic model. Cybertruck options, extensions, add-on and upgrades are the very user feedback loop to direct its future. Elon did tweet Cybertruck for the Baja race last year.

On the otherhand, TSLA could treat its users as AAPL does its customers. Then Cybertruck is more like an appliance iPhone device. You’ll need to buy a new Cybertruck to get anything you want to have on your Cybertruck.

I don’t have a read on Elon whether he’s more car-guy than alpha-ego ala SteveJobs. SteveJobs I knew well. Steve would just put on a great “one more thing” stage show.

But I’d build a Baja TT in a heartbeat for Elon with Tesla sponsorship. Its the manufacturer “evidence based” commitment to future Cybertruck customers, engineering and design without resort to staging, laser lighting or cyber chicks..

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Cybertruck is probably more like the Mac Pro than the iPhone. Meant to have add-ons. The iPhone is so small and glued together for reliability, hence not being very easy to upgrade. The Mac Pro is big with room to put things in the wind tunnel as add-ons, add that you want when you want.

Tesla has made upgrade packages available after purchase. Most of the options can be had later.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Cybertruck is the vehicle to introduce paradigm change. Tesla could very well treat Cybertruck as its marqee iconic model. Cybertruck options, extensions, add-on and upgrades are the very user feedback loop to direct its future. Elon did tweet Cybertruck for the Baja race last year.

On the otherhand, TSLA could treat its users as AAPL does its customers. Then Cybertruck is more like an appliance iPhone device. You’ll need to buy a new Cybertruck to get anything you want to have on your Cybertruck.

I don’t have a read on Elon whether he’s more car-guy than alpha-ego ala SteveJobs. SteveJobs I knew well. Steve would just put on a great “one more thing” stage show.

But I’d build a Baja TT in a heartbeat for Elon with Tesla sponsorship. Its the manufacturer “evidence based” commitment to future Cybertruck customers, engineering and design without resort to staging, laser lighting or cyber chicks..
HEY, nothin' wrong with cyber chicks. :love:

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
WILL IT BOUNCE?!?!!?

Stop with the hating, I already hate myself for posting a quirks and features vid.