Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I am so sick of hearing people bellyaching about Cybertruck, so I'm here to get some shit off my chest, to show that we don't need to freakin' out about it. Yeah, I get it, it's taking longer that we would like, but the longer it takes, the better it gets, right? It's being improved as we sleep. I agree, it would've been great if sales started on Nov. 22nd 2019. But the man wasn't sure it'd be a resounding success, so here we are. So what. Am I impatient like everyone else? You betcha. Am I spazzin' out about it? Maybe a little. But I know my dude Elon is doing his damnest to get my Cybertruck to me as fast as he can. Look, he's building a damn factory in the middle of truck country USA just to get the job done. And he's doing away with car stealerships to get it to me at a better price. I can appreciate that. I've never had a truck with 220 volts or even 110, or an air compressor built in. I just irritates me when I see someone posting how worried they are about it. Quit your snivelin' and shut up already! It's bad enough we all have to wait an insufferable 2-3 years for it, but do I need to listen to some nincompoop bleating and hand wringing about how WORRIED we need to be!? I don't think so. When I log into this site every day, I'm looking for some awesome bit of news on my Cybertruck, something to lift me up. Some puppy uppers, not no doggie downers, right? At any rate, I don't mean to insult anyone, but come on, screaming into the cybervoid is tough enough as it is. We're here to help each other. It just better be the kind of help I like. ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I partially blame the instant gratification world we live in.

Oh, and there's this thing called a pandemic that we're in the middle of that has and still is causing turmoil and uncertainty. However, as mentioned, in the midst, the Austin factory is being built. We even get weekly drone video updates. How spoiled are we?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I partially blame the instant gratification world we live in.

Oh, and there's this thing called a pandemic that we're in the middle of that has and still is causing turmoil and uncertainty. However, as mentioned, in the midst, the Austin factory is being built. We even get weekly drone video updates. How spoiled are we?
Weekly? You really mean multiple daily, right? Joe at the crack of dawn every other day, then Jeff at lunchtime every day, Randy around dinner time M-F, and Jack who knows when but he is once a week because he travels so far but does great work. And that is just the Quad Squad. Now there is Brian doing live video. I was climbing the walls the other day because the weather was so bad that I only got one video in 24 hours. THAT is spoiled :)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am so sick of hearing people bellyaching about Cybertruck, so I'm here to get some shit off my chest, to show that we don't need to freakin' out about it. Yeah, I get it, it's taking longer that we would like, but the longer it takes, the better it gets, right? It's being improved as we sleep. I agree, it would've been great if sales started on Nov. 22nd 2019. But the man wasn't sure it'd be a resounding success, so here we are. So what. Am I impatient like everyone else? You betcha. Am I spazzin' out about it? Maybe a little. But I know my dude Elon is doing his damnest to get my Cybertruck to me as fast as he can. Look, he's building a damn factory in the middle of truck country USA just to get the job done. And he's doing away with car stealerships to get it to me at a better price. I can appreciate that. I've never had a truck with 220 volts or even 110, or an air compressor built in. I just irritates me when I see someone posting how worried they are about it. Quit your snivelin' and shut up already! It's bad enough we all have to wait an insufferable 2-3 years for it, but do I need to some nincompoop bleating and hand wringing about how WORRIED we need to be!? I don't think so. When I log into this site every day, I'm looking for some awesome bit of news on my Cybertruck, something to lift me up. Some puppy uppers, not no doggie downers, right? At any rate, I don't mean to insult anyone, but come on, screaming into the cybervoid is tough enough as it is. We're here to help each other. It just better be the kind of help I like. ?
At the end of the day, deliveries will probably start close to when they were originally predicted, within a quarter. When they started erecting the battery cell factory at Giga Austin they were doing 2 rows ever other day and I thought they would be done erecting the superstructure by he 25th. Here we are at the 30th and they are a day or two from having the superstructure done, but they also have a third of the roof and flooring in and some concrete poured already. They are RIPPING! If they follow the speed of the paint factory, the stamping factory, and the die casting factory they should be well on their way to making cells by the end of August. And the other buildings a month or two before that. When you watch it one day at a time it seems slow. When you look at videos even one month back it is amazing how fast they are going now. I think there is a lot to be hopeful for.

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I agree with @Cyberman and I think his post was overdue.

Waiting for something we really want is hard, and the longer we wait, the more frustrated we can get. While I think I am more patient than some (at least I believe so), the looooonnng wait to finalize our orders, or receive any official updates on the CT final design specs, or production schedule is making some of us a bit crazy (possibly more than a bit).

There is the possibility (or maybe probability) that some posts on these forums are basically anti-Tesla FUD. However our impatience is causing some of us to post almost anything that is in any way related to Tesla whether it is fact or fiction. At this time there are so few CT related things to post about that it can be difficult to have truly CT related discussions. And that I think is increasing our frustration.

Basically we just need to chill out, be patient (I know it is extremely hard), and ignore the FUD posts.

Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I am so sick of hearing people bellyaching about Cybertruck, so I'm here to get some shit off my chest, to show that we don't need to freakin' out about it. Yeah, I get it, it's taking longer that we would like, but the longer it takes, the better it gets, right? It's being improved as we sleep. I agree, it would've been great if sales started on Nov. 22nd 2019. But the man wasn't sure it'd be a resounding success, so here we are. So what. Am I impatient like everyone else? You betcha. Am I spazzin' out about it? Maybe a little. But I know my dude Elon is doing his damnest to get my Cybertruck to me as fast as he can. Look, he's building a damn factory in the middle of truck country USA just to get the job done. And he's doing away with car stealerships to get it to me at a better price. I can appreciate that. I've never had a truck with 220 volts or even 110, or an air compressor built in. I just irritates me when I see someone posting how worried they are about it. Quit your snivelin' and shut up already! It's bad enough we all have to wait an insufferable 2-3 years for it, but do I need to some nincompoop bleating and hand wringing about how WORRIED we need to be!? I don't think so. When I log into this site every day, I'm looking for some awesome bit of news on my Cybertruck, something to lift me up. Some puppy uppers, not no doggie downers, right? At any rate, I don't mean to insult anyone, but come on, screaming into the cybervoid is tough enough as it is. We're here to help each other. It just better be the kind of help I like. ?
I agree, I want it ASAP, however most of all, I want it to be right. I'm happy but anxious to wait for a great vehicle. As hard as it is to wait this out with anticipation, I would rather do that, instead of spending hours upon days in a service department having issues repaired because a company rushed through a product for the bottom line sales numbers. Do it quickly, but do it right!!

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Doesn't bother me at all.. more time to save up and pay cash for this beast. No payments!!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Well I'm worried that my bet that first deliveries would be in Sept 2021 might have been too optimistic, I don't think anyone took me up on the free lobster meal for 4 but I'm still willing to do the bet that first deliveries will be within a "month or so" of sept. ?

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Let's be patient, because she's worth it, but you might get it a little earlier than I do, right?

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
2 Words................................................ THANK YOU!

Seriously, this might be one of the best posts I've read here. We need to view on the side of positivity while we ALL weather this excruciating wait.... lol

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Well I'm worried that my bet that first deliveries would be in Sept 2021 might have been too optimistic, I don't think anyone took me up on the free lobster meal for 4 but I'm still willing to do the bet that first deliveries will be within a "month or so" of sept. ?
It will be interesting how many more prototypes make it off the pilot line in Fremont for testing. I could see 10 or so by end of September with subtle differences. Currently I think there are only 3.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
so um.. erm.. should we expect production tomorrow.. or..?? How hard is it to build a monster factory.. amirite guys..?

:p

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I am totally in agreement with your sentiment here. I have found myself shooting people down left and right, getting argumentative about things and that is not why i came to this site to begin with. Like you, i came to see if anyone else pick up on some news i happened to miss. I dont come to this site near as much anymore because of what it has turned into....the bellyaching about compressors, plow connections, towing range and colored stainless steel. everyone is getting pissed off about all these things we dont know, or dont take the time to do a little research about things already posted in this forum. Its aggravating to say the least. I will keep coming here, less frequently for info that i may have missed, or to post info i myself find, but i am no longer wasting my time to correct, argue with, or debate those that have turned this into something that is no longer fun. I cant wait for my CT3, and i cant wait to share it all over this site when I take my early reservation number delivery. ?
Sponsored