Anyone thinking of changing to a different Tesla model?

Jerry M.

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
I’m currently Approx 462,000 in the que, I’m figuring I might not get it till end of 2023,, I might not have patience to wait that long. I’m hoping that in 2-3yrs the range of long range model 3 might be up to around 380mi. So possibly I might just buy the dual motor long range model 3, since I’ve never owned a Tesla before. Anybody else considering ordering a different Tesla if their wait becomes too long??
Sponsored

MPP

First Name
Marc Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I will wait for the CT. That's the model I want. I have a feeling that the production will start sooner.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I’m currently Approx 462,000 in the que, I’m figuring I might not get it till end of 2023,, I might not have patience to wait that long. I’m hoping that in 2-3yrs the range of long range model 3 might be up to around 380mi. So possibly I might just buy the dual motor long range model 3, since I’ve never owned a Tesla before. Anybody else considering ordering a different Tesla if their wait becomes too long??
Tesla doesn't work that way. IMO a lot of the reservations wont turn into buyers and especially if you buy a tri motor you will get your CT quicker

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am going to stay with the CT. Will be a long slow wild ride while we wait but will be worth it in the end.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I sorta think if you are waffling now you just might be one of those that not buy it.
If they change a few things about the Cyber I won't buy it, but I think it is the best thing in the automotive world.

If Tesla does not deliver on these I am probably out.
FSD doesn't make at least some of the expected "Significant gains" before my number comes up.
Stainless Steel body.
Price
They can change the shape, unbulletproof the windows, and even keep the stupid name "Cybertruck", and I'll still be all in.

TennesseeCyber

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt
Occupation
VP of Operations
Country flag
I would not likely pay that kind of money for any other model of ANY brand of vehicle... including Tesla. The Cybertruck is so unique and reveals so much engineering and design brilliance, it the only vehicle for which I would pay more than $20k. Just my opinion

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I originally planned on a new vehicle at the end of this year before CT was announce. Waiting for the CT and also waiting longer than I was mentally prepared for a new ride multiplies the angst felt with the need to instantly gratify.

If I buy now, I cannot buy the truck until many years later. So, I will wait and grind my teeth. Though, if FSD becomes bulletproof, and there is enough of a market, I will buy a model 3 or Y to work the network and make enough to pay for my truck and itself.

I am a fan of buying within means delivering desired/needed function.

I want the roadster too, not within my current means or needed function.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Those of you hoping for FSD (meaning Level 4 or 5) are going to be disappointed. They might get Level 3 working by the time the CT hits the streets (and I have my doubts) but anything higher with regulatory approval is a long away off.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Those of you hoping for FSD (meaning Level 4 or 5) are going to be disappointed. They might get Level 3 working by the time the CT hits the streets (and I have my doubts) but anything higher with regulatory approval is a long away off.
I just need to see actual improvement AND that the path forward still is doable before I die.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
FSD will be fulfilled, for me, when these two milestones are complete.

1. Drop me off and pick me up at the LAX airport. (Wife detests LAX. I made sure our vows included airport service)
2. Pick up take out food and return back home.

OP
OP

Jerry M.

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
or,,, maybe I’ll just buy M3 now, AND CT when it arrives. I agree with the others above, this thing is just waaaaay more vehicle in every respect than the other Tesla’s,,, guess I just HAVTA be patient.
:)

Dan Truax

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
I thought about a used all aluminum Model S for a daily driver (in salt encrusted upstate NY) and replacing the 2006 Toyota Tacoma with a full sized diesel but after the CT it seems it can fill both roles and be my last vehicle....

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 VW GLI 6MT / CT Tri Motor
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Country flag
If something can offer the same performance and range at/below the price of the Tri Motor, I'll consider it. I need a truck for hauling dirty camping equipment, mountain bikes, and even my kids smelly sports gear. I want an EV because it's the future and I'm trying to make the best eco-centric choices I can. I went with the Tri Motor for the range. There's a place I camp that's exactly 498 miles away from my driveway. With the 500 mile range of the Tri Motor, it just makes sense for me to go with that one. Granted, I fully understand that I can't hold my breath on getting 500 miles, especially loaded with camping gear and possibly other passengers (as well as their gear), but that still sells the idea of less charging stops per trip. I don't tow anything, or haul beds of dirt/rocks/whatever, so I don't need it for commercial style work.

The Tri Motor's acceleration is fun, but only icing on the cake. If another Tesla comes with ~500 mile range and similar acceleration for that fun factor, I can make due with the storage. I drive a Volkswagen now, so if I've survived with the limited storage capacity I have now, then I can do the same with at least the M3.

Still, I'd prefer the truck, especially for the +1 seating.

cyberda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cyber (Ordered)
Country flag
I sorta think if you are waffling now you just might be one of those that not buy it.
If they change a few things about the Cyber I won't buy it, but I think it is the best thing in the automotive world.

If Tesla does not deliver on these I am probably out.
FSD doesn't make at least some of the expected "Significant gains" before my number comes up.
Stainless Steel body.
Price
They can change the shape, unbulletproof the windows, and even keep the stupid name "Cybertruck", and I'll still be all in.
Shame they can't change the name to "Model T" .... :)
Sponsored