DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
why do you call this truck an investment?
Sponsored

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
You seem mad. Just curious, why are you here?

Reactions: REM

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
I feel you. I guess we have different interpretations of investment.

to me an investment is something you make that will in theory provide dividends in the future.

The CT is not that. Nor any other average car that doesn’t cost $500k + and have a very limited production. IMO CT doesn’t fall into that category.

I think every person buying the FS or the production model to follow has to ask themselves a question.

how badly do you want it?

If you really want it and are happy to pay the extra $20k for it, awesome. You do you! I happen to be one of those people. I’m buying the FS because I think it will be a really fun ride and I’m happy to pay extra to get it early and enjoy it.

If someone doesn’t want to do that then just wait for the production model.

But seriously the copious amount of whining and complaining on this MB by those who are unhappy with what has transpired with the CT over the last 6 weeks is getting really tiresome.

Get over it people. It’s a goddamn truck. If you don’t want it, move on.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
You are 100% going to lose your $1,000 deposit if you cancel. Chalk it up as a life lessen learned the hard way.

I can totally relate. I lost a $1k deposit on a custom ordered 392 V8 Jeep Wrangler that I elected not to purchase when it arrived to the dealership 9-months after I ordered it.

Unless you can help recoup your Cybertruck “investment“ as a successful content creator stay away from the Foundation Series. It’s simply a money grab by Tesla.
Have you noticed how many Cybertruck content creators are popping up on YouTube lately? It’s crazy. Everyone who can get access to one are creating videos and those who can’t are creating videos on other channels content. It’s like a mad dash to see who can get as much out there as possible. I completely understand the “Our Tesla Life” folks doing it because they had one of the first. By the time regular people deliveries start occurring, there’s gonna already be hundreds of videos on YouTube. Unless you can find a niche that can separate your content from the others, good luck trying to find success.

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
Well, that's your opinion, friend. It just so happens that the Tesla C-levels over design stated those numbers on a well-known automotive show. So if you want to call Lars and Franz out "on their BS," go ahead, be my guest. But don't call me out for quoting direct Tesla sources, and then go on to make your own unfounded assertions. I believe them. You don't? Fine. You do you.

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
Have you noticed how many Cybertruck content creators are popping up on YouTube lately? It’s crazy. Everyone who can get access to one are creating videos and those who can’t are creating videos on other channels content. It’s like a mad dash to see who can get as much out there as possible. I completely understand the “Our Tesla Life” folks doing it because they had one of the first. By the time regular people deliveries start occurring, there’s gonna already be hundreds of videos on YouTube. Unless you can find a niche that can separate your content from the others, good luck trying to find success.
I agree. Tons of Tesla (and CT) stuff is now on Youtube, and many of these are just seeking click$ - unfortunately, much of the info they provide is inaccurate. I've been driving Teslas since 2013 (P85+) - that's ten years now, wow - so there's not that much on YouTube (or even these forums) that surprises me from a functional or $TSLA investor perspective. Thankfully, many of you do provide useful, anecdotal information and are much appreciated!

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I agree. Tons of Tesla (and CT) stuff is now on Youtube, and many of these are just seeking click$ - unfortunately, much of the info they provide is inaccurate. I've been driving Teslas since 2013 (P85+) - that's ten years now, wow - so there's not that much on YouTube (or even these forums) that surprises me from a functional or $TSLA investor perspective. Thankfully, many of you do provide useful, anecdotal information and are much appreciated!
One guy with a Tesla content channel flew from Florida to California and spent $1000 renting one to create content. Insane. Shout out to @CyberGus for sharing the Cybertruck Turo ad. When I saw the short mentioning he was renting one I knew exactly where he was going.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Get back in line and hold your place in line are two VERY different things.
I think that you just paid 1K to get on the back of the line.

There are semantics in those words.
There is no such thing as entering the middle of the line. You are either holding your position in line or you are back at the end of the line, which has 2 million reservations. If what you are saying is true, then several folks who ignore FS email should go back to the end of the line. That's not true. I confirmed this with the Tesla rep.

At this point, we all are speculating on what the line actually looks like. I booked within one hour of unveiling, and I received the FS email after several others who reserved after me received the email. I'm cool with that, but I'm just saying nobody exactly knows what algorithm is being used to tell "your position in line". As I said, I didn't do anything with my reservation. So I'm holding my line in place. When the VIN is allocated, I'll figure out my options and go from there. The Tesla rep said I can request to wait for a different model if I don't want to get FS immediately, and that won't put me back to the end of the line. I'll go to a local Tesla store to find out if it's possible.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Just like a little bracket in the back is. It's the collection, not the pieces.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Who is requiring it? Tesla certainly isn't.
Why do you believe that it is an extra $20k, it isn't it's a collection of things that total $20k if you were to purchase individually.

And if you didn't place your order in the first couple of days, there's no difference in the line order.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
There is no such thing as entering the middle of the line. You are either holding your position in line or you are back at the end of the line, which has 2 million reservations. If what you are saying is true, then several folks who ignore FS email should go back to the end of the line. That's not true. I confirmed this with the Tesla rep.

At this point, we all are speculating on what the line actually looks like. I booked within one hour of unveiling, and I received the FS email after several others who reserved after me received the email. I'm cool with that, but I'm just saying nobody exactly knows what algorithm is being used to tell "your position in line". As I said, I didn't do anything with my reservation. So I'm holding my line in place. When the VIN is allocated, I'll figure out my options and go from there. The Tesla rep said I can request to wait for a different model if I don't want to get FS immediately, and that won't put me back to the end of the line. I'll go to a local Tesla store to find out if it's possible.
If you don't want a Foundation truck, then just chill. Others who have called Tesla have said the same thing. You are't going to the back of the line.

People are getting a little confused with this thread, there are two conditions going on here:

1. Someone got their email and ORDERED a Foundation truck and then decided that they didn't want iy
  2. People who got their email, or even those didn't get an email
If you are in group 1, got email and ordered the Cybertruck and then decide to lose it, you pay more money, you of course lose the truck, but more specifically you lose your reservation

If you are in group 2, chill

Moral of story, if you aren't sure and you get a Foundation order request, don't order until you are sure you are ready.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Sorry, you lose all credence when you bring up the autopilot not working. That's a completely different discussion.

I was explicitly talking about the AWD, the one that I ordered.
Sponsored