Changing Cybertruck order from AWD to Beast?

OP
OP

cyberbeatles

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Bro Iā€™ve been over and over this in my head like crazy!

Iā€™m gonna keep the AWDā€¦

It is great. it is so amazing and dont really need the Beast.

I wish they were both available at the same time, but I guess like the rolling stones say - You cant always get what you wantā€¦ you might find what you need.

Anyways Im like super pumped up and cannot wait. I actually really need a truck because so many things dont fit on my Model 3 and it will be so useful for home.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Bro Iā€™ve been over and over this in my head like crazy!

Iā€™m gonna keep the AWDā€¦

It is great. it is so amazing and dont really need the Beast.

I wish they were both available at the same time, but I guess like the rolling stones say - You cant always get what you wantā€¦ you might find what you need.

Anyways Im like super pumped up and cannot wait. I actually really need a truck because so many things dont fit on my Model 3 and it will be so useful for home.
I can understand bro! Itā€™s not an easy decision. Nothing is set in stone. You can always upgrade to Beast in the future. IMO, both CT and CB are amazing. Iā€™m sure you will enjoy AWD equally.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Rode in my first Cybertruck yesterday and am SO GLAD that I am waiting for the beast.

The AWD truck felt so slow, way slower than my TRX.. no way I could downgrade to such a slug.

If you are considering downgrading to the slow version, don't, its SO SLOW.. my Model Y Performance is so much faster its crazy.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Rode in my first Cybertruck yesterday and am SO GLAD that I am waiting for the beast.

The AWD truck felt so slow, way slower than my TRX.. no way I could downgrade to such a slug.

If you are considering downgrading to the slow version, don't, its SO SLOW.. my Model Y Performance is so much faster its crazy.
LMAO. Your MYP is 0-60 in ~3.8s if you add the rollout back in, and the AWD is 0-60 in 4.1s with rollout already included. .3s is hardly "so much faster it's crazy".

Like, if you want to spend the money on a beast, no hate from me. But you also don't need to make weird justifications to make it seem like any other option is wrong.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
LMAO. Your MYP is 0-60 in ~3.8s if you add the rollout back in, and the AWD is 0-60 in 4.1s with rollout already included. .3s is hardly "so much faster it's crazy".

Like, if you want to spend the money on a beast, no hate from me. But you also don't need to make weird justifications to make it seem like any other option is wrong.
I literally get 0-60 in 3.3 on my Dragy with my 19" wheels

The Cyberturtle AWD gets 4.1, maybe 4 at best, and just FEELS slow to top it off. It's a literal slug off the line. A TRX or Raptor R (maybe even a tuned V6 Raptor) would annihilate it from a stoplight, embarrasing...

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
You must be subtracting 30 feet of rollout :LOL:
Not at all, stop getting so triggered. Wayyyy too sensitive in here pal... Since you dont believe me, here's the Dragy result

It's much faster then the Cyberturtle that's for sure 3.3 vs 4.1 is a massive difference there chuck

Tesla Cybertruck Changing Cybertruck order from AWD to Beast? Screenshot_20240209_133043_dragy

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Rumors that Tesla is going to start putting a badge on the rear tailgate similar to the Cyberbeast for the AWD Cyberturtle version, here's a sneak peak

cyberturtle.png
You will again change OPā€™s mind today for sure :LOL:

Iā€™m set on Cyberbeast since day one. I contemplated on AWD because of the range, but based on latest data from real owners, Iā€™m good. I pulled back from FS though. I have a LOOONG wait now, though I reserved within an hour of unveiling.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The Cyberturtle AWD gets 4.1, maybe 4 at best, and just FEELS slow to top it off. It's a literal slug off the line. A TRX or Raptor R (maybe even a tuned V6 Raptor) would annihilate it from a stoplight, embarrasing...

Ram says that TRX covers 60 mph in 4.5, quarter-mile in 12.9 at 108 mph, and some independent testers have found the TRX at 3.9 seconds from 0 - 60 and quarter-mile at 12.7.

Ford says the Raptor R is 3.6/12.0 &118mph.

In both cases, those are speeds under controlled launches in the right settings (eg sport, etc).

Can you report what settings the CT was in?

Iā€™m just not sure an e.g., 0.1 sec difference makes for such a noticeable difference - especially once adjusted for the difference in price (if a non-FS CT).

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Ram says that TRX covers 60 mph in 4.5, quarter-mile in 12.9 at 108 mph, and some independent testers have found the TRX at 3.9 seconds from 0 - 60 and quarter-mile at 12.7.

Ford says the Raptor R is 3.6/12.0 &118mph.

In both cases, those are speeds under controlled launches in the right settings (eg sport, etc).

Can you report what settings the CT was in?

Iā€™m just not sure an e.g., 0.1 sec difference makes for such a noticeable difference - especially once adjusted for the difference in price (if a non-FS CT).
I've actually gotten 3.7 on my TRX when the tank was near empty and using launch control set to 2500 RPMs and one passenger so it has a chance to even hit 3.6!

No way you can drive around in a Cybertruck and let the two fossils/dinosaur trucks TRX and Raptor beat you.

Imo the future of trucks should not be able to be beaten by the PAST of trucks, no way, not for me.

CT was in sport, lowest suspension mode and 87% SoC

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Poop! you all making me have more and more doubt!!!

I think im gonna Beast!
Good idea. Once the newness of the CT wears off, you'll be left disappointed you didn't wait for the best version of the truck. You'll be bummed when a TRX or Raptor R pulls up knowing you'd get smoked.

I say be patient and get the real version of the truck, the best part is how fast these things can move, by going AWD you are not getting one of the best tricks an electric vehicle can do, esp the Cybertruck.

Friends don't let friends buy the slow versions of a vehicle šŸ˜
Sponsored