What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck?

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
All of this.⬆⬆⬆

The TCT will possibly be the one of the last vehicles I ever buy - and It is going to be my retirement gift to myself.

It will facilitate and enable the adventures my wife and I will have post-retirement. We love driving the trails in the mountains of southwestern Colorado, and the TCT will be perfect for that environment.

It will also most likely be the means by which we retain our mobility and freedom when we’re past the point of being able to drive safely.
LOL. Gonna be a lot of old retired men driving CTs :)
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yes of course. I noticed this as well.. Even still.. hit any other car with that.

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
Long commute and rising gas prices. Reliability and longevity of Tesla products. Total cost of ownership. Chip proof, dent proof, rust proof, bullet proof, hail proof, fade proof, scratch proof, shopping cart proof and the list goes on.

Not to mention the truck is totally awesome looking and performance is better than any other ICE truck currently available.

Any current truck owner that says the TCT is not a good fit for them is lying to themselves and the world. And trust me I know a few people that have a very closed mind when it comes to change and think the TCT is a joke and won't stand the test of time which is fine with me because it makes for a shorter line when Tesla starts selling them next year.

Jerry M.

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
I just had an epiphany : I guess it’s in my DNA to like simple brutalistic form following function designs.
I used to own a Porsche 914 similar to the one pictured. It was Porsche’s least expensive car at the time. And much like TESLAS Cybertruck pictured here,, it Also was derided for its appearance at the time, often called a tissue box on wheels. And also like the Cybertruck it was very polarizing, you loved or hated it.
It ALSO had a front AND rear trunk, just like the Cybertruck. It was designed as a “ PRACTICAL “ sports car,,, AND,, it was!
It could get 40mpg on the road, had a very low CG ( like the Cybertruck), handled like it was on rails, and had a top speed of 120mph,unusual for a sports car in the early 70s, and also like the Cybertruck it’s look was a direct result of its intended function, and also like the Cybertruck its shape was actually surprisingly aerodynamic but simple to construct, ALSO like the Cybertruck. I guess the mainstream will never be very accepting of such unique brutalist designs.
OH WELL!
I AM ALSO a HUGE sci fi fan, so ya! I’m in!
I originally ordered the middle 300+ range model,, but now?? I’m thinking why not go ALL in! On the 500mi range model. I’ve never ever owned either a truck OR SUV,, but it just fits TOO many needs to pass up. Also like the poster who said he’s 73, I’m 67, so I expect in 10yrs this will be the PERFECT vehicle for me, voice commands, self driving, indestructible , what could go wrong??
LOL!

Tesla Cybertruck What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck? 2B6D0ED0-3CDD-4D0E-814F-CBF95BFF47CB

Tesla Cybertruck What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck? 437F402F-5CF3-4C9E-B0D2-59256243FF4A

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It does not break the rules of the board by writing "EX-wife" and "Dead Blow" in the same post?

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
All of this.⬆⬆⬆

The TCT will possibly be the one of the last vehicles I ever buy - and It is going to be my retirement gift to myself.

It will facilitate and enable the adventures my wife and I will have post-retirement. We love driving the trails in the mountains of southwestern Colorado, and the TCT will be perfect for that environment.

It will also most likely be the means by which we retain our mobility and freedom when we’re past the point of being able to drive safely.
I also live in Southwest Colorado and have the same aspirations as you. I frequently visit both the San Juan’s and the La Plata’s. Hope to see ya along the trail someday.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 SRT Dodge Demon
Country flag
I'm cheap, the tri motor is the best value.

And it was not a sledgehammer. A REAL sledgehammer would have killed the ICE truck door.

It was a dead-blow hammer, sheeple...
I will carry a sledge hammer in my cybertruck for decoration

Jerry M.

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
Did anybody happen to notice this is the PERFECT Mad Max vehicle???
That can’t hurt either right????
;-)

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Did anybody happen to notice this is the PERFECT Mad Max vehicle???
That can’t hurt either right????
;-)
It "hurt" when it came to me.
I thought it was a stupid artificial look designed as a gimmick to attract today's younger generation. Given a preference I'd rather the Cyber look like a late 1950's cadillac if they are "designing" a look for it.
But when I was told that the form is what it is because it was engineered to be that way as part of the function I was ok with it. I've always been a "function over form" kind of guy.
If it did not have to look like that and it did I would not be on this forum. Thankfully Big Ee took the decision of what to make it look like out of the build process, and made it an afterthought.
So no matter what anyone thinks about its look, it is functional, and thereby the look was never created to be judged.
It is sorta like...
When I was in college I had a WR buddy that was my best friend. I'd tell him how pissed I was that he got all the girls since he had a wide receiver build. He wasn't the brightest guy, but this time he was brighter than me. He stuttered his way through telling me that my body was what all men wanted. And I just did not even entertain his point of view. he claimed I had an outside linebacker's form.
And looking back I pretty much was always with a very attractive girl, and I had the respect of every guy in the bar... I never gave a shit about my body. I just ate well and humped weight.
My form was what it was because I had a goal that was performance oriented. And once I acknowledged that it was best to be good at doing than be good at looking I was very happy with my body. And since then I have always looked at people from the viewpoint of what they can do, instead of what they look like. Often what they do makes them look like they do.
As is the case with this very ugly-looking vehicle. I love it for what it can do.

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
It can do everything the other Teslas can do + off roading + the Vault!!

the only reason I bought my 4Runner in 2016 was because I didn't want an electric luxury sport sedan (model S) / luxury SUV (model X) / luxury sedan (model 3).

And it will look MF'ing Bad A$$ while doing it!

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
Yes of course. I noticed this as well.. Even still.. hit any other car with that.
Agreed! Everybody's like "it was a dead-blow hammer" and I was like ok so as long as it's a dead-blow hammer you'd be fine with someone hitting your current car with it???

People on the internet are as stupid as they are smart... and possibly stupid-er... I don't want anyone getting close to my vehicle swinging any kind of hammer regardless of what my vehicles is made of...