J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
Anyone know if the Camp Kitchen is gonna be offered as an option? I checked out the RIvian R1T Camp Kitchen and it's pretty good. I hope the Cybertruck will offer similar options. I will buy it pretty much AT ANY PRICE.

-Tesla4KShares (Tri-Motor with FSD pre-ordered)
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Think of the bears sniffing around the grills after a night’s cooking while it is stowed in the truck.

OP
OP
Tesla4KShares

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I saw that photo. Similar to the one shown during the unveil. No prototype. No mention ever since. I am not keeping my hope up that this will actually be a real option for Day 1 delivery.
Possibly not available on day one, but I doubt Tesla would make any of it. Tesla makes a lot of their parts in house but I think for something such as a camping package with countertop space, a cooktop, and then utensils and pans; I wouldn't be surprised to see that outsourced.

Once the production model for the Cybertruck is finally shown to us and Tesla is positive that nothing else will change, that's when it's much safer to start building something like a camping package that will fit in the bed. They might even have the camping setup sent from the company building it directly to the Tesla store that you pick up the truck from.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Before buying the cooking surface and tent modules, I recommend simulating a mock-up of use to determine if practice for your needs. Simulate going into the tent while cooking.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Before buying the cooking surface and tent modules, I recommend simulating a mock-up of use to determine if practice for your needs. Simulate going into the tent while cooking.
It seems like the left side which is a cutting board and storage, and the right side which is a cutting board and stove top, seem to be independant of each other. I would assume you could slide in the left side when you aren't using the cutting board to use the trailgate as a steping stool.

The only time where this will would really be an issue is if someone is still in bed while you start cooking. I don't see any reason I would climb into the tent when i'm making a meal, especially since I probably wouldn't have any supplies in there after I set up the camp site when I get there.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
It seems like the left side which is a cutting board and storage, and the right side which is a cutting board and stove top, seem to be independant of each other. I would assume you could slide in the left side when you aren't using the cutting board to use the trailgate as a steping stool.

The only time where this will would really be an issue is if someone is still in bed while you start cooking. I don't see any reason I would climb into the tent when i'm making a meal, especially since I probably wouldn't have any supplies in there after I set up the camp site when I get there.
The way I evaluate is to run through multiple scenarios of intended use and use case where it is atypical.

Grade the experience and process the data to determine if the tool meets my needs. Since my needs are different for others, hence the recommendation for each to test.

Tent access while cooking, elevated bed to store the cooking and countertops and I am not jazzed about the tent makes it an option am so far not interested or have high hopes in the product.

There is enough curiosity to evaluate the release product to see if concerns are real or not.

My needs are minimal, rarely will I camp and when I do, I have other means to cook.

If I decide to become a nomad, maybe more interested.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It's got a bed with additional storage for a stovetop and countertop space for me to prep. I'm okay with the minimal inconvenience if I for some reason need to get back into bed after i've started cooking.

Personally I never use something so fancy while camping. I'm perfectly happy with catching a fish, gutting it, and using sticks to hold it open while i cook it over a fire.

But I look at that stovetop and I see myself cooking at the beach, or when we go to the lake, and I think it would be nice if I can cook my wife a little gourmet meal when we spend a weekend camping.

The only thing that it's missing is a water source for cleaning. But there are videos online to make a DIY road shower that connects to roof racks. I built one for my truck a couple years ago and it works great, even gets pretty warm since it's painted black. It also connects to an air compressor, so with the onboard air that's in the Cybertruck, I could have good water supply for cleaning dishes and showering.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I didn't see the estimated cost anywhere. I could assemble a nice kitchen bin with an induction element and a couple nice pans for <$500. It would be easier to remove and use elsewhere away from the truck.

While I appreciate the design. No thank you. Too restricting. Same for the prepackaged CT camp kitchen.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I didn't see the estimated cost anywhere. I could assemble a nice kitchen bin with an induction element and a couple nice pans for <$500. It would be easier to remove and use elsewhere away from the truck.

While I appreciate the design. No thank you. Too restricting. Same for the prepackaged CT camp kitchen.
For me it would be all about the time to put it in and take it out. If it's really fast, I would probably buy it. I plan on building a shed for all my Cybertruck stuff.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Mancave, she-shed and now CT-shed?

please tell us if the CT-shed gets priority over a she-shed.
Sponsored