Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Bothsideism? I'm just callin' it like I see it...why does that bother you?

I'm not religious at all so while I share your views on the injection of irrational views into politics "because religion," I am also frustrated by the injection irrational views into politics on the other side of the aisle as well. I don't care what letter someone has by their name if they cut through that crap and genuinely serve to improve the state/country/etc.
It bothers me because it's a typical platitude that they are both as bad as each other. They are clearly not.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
.. but the people upset by his actions are upset because they were following the constraints only to find out Newsom wasn't. ...
Trust me, the people signing the recall were not those people.

The campaign for the recall is that messy. Scratch a recall promoter, and you're likely to find someone who was against any restrictions to mitigate the pandemic. It's right there in their list: https://recallgavin2020.com/homepage/

The recall is a gish-gallop of fraudulent claims.

-Crissa

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
:LOL: silly me to put oo instead of o
but to let me in on the joke you have to explain a non native english speaker what a pootgun is.
1611739228487.png

I only found a bootgun and that seems to be very inhumane. ?
Ask around. Somebody will tell you... or show you. That way you'll never forget.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
It bothers me because it's a typical platitude that they are both as bad as each other. They are clearly not.
Actually, it is called tolerance and diversity of opposing views with ensuing adult discussions rather than pile-ons. That seems to have been forgotten in all of the "live and let live" rhetoric. Oh well.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
wtf... I'll enter the political fray because I can't stand bothsidesism.

Speaking about American politics in general, not just Cali... One thing I'm sick of seeing is this bothsidesism. Yes both sides do bad shit, but republicans in their sycophantic desire to please their great and dear leader have done demonstrably more bad shit in recent years. I am liberal and a progressive but I can sit and enjoy a conversation with someone with more of a conservative mindset. I recognize there is a ying and a yang to those two broad sides of human nature. However, the Republicans in power are not conservatives, they are religious whack jobs (or pander to them) in search of power. Case in point, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ted Cruz to name a few. I'm not saying all Republican politicians are power hungry psychopaths... but far too many are.
You LEFT out quite a few examples. My son and I decided it was best that we simply not discuss politics. Maybe that's why they have that rule here too?

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
You LEFT out quite a few examples. My son and I decided it was best that we simply not discuss politics. Maybe that's why they have that rule here too?
If there is a rule about not discussing politics, very few people seem to follow it.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Actually, it is called tolerance and diversity of opposing views with ensuing adult discussions rather than pile-ons. That seems to have been forgotten in all of the "live and let live" rhetoric. Oh well.
It's not tolerance, it's excusing bad behavior in the name of political expediency. "Bad behavior" is me using a less colorful term than I likely should.

I already said I'm more than happy to discuss different points of views with conservatives because often those differing points of view may at least have the same end goal in mind. I am very much about "live and let live" but how far do you take that drscot? At what point do you say enough is enough? I think that line was crossed a long time ago.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
If there is a rule about not discussing politics, very few people seem to follow it.
Kind of like snowball fights. If you get hit with one, you throw at least one back. You might even put a rock or two in it if the first one was particularly nasty and undeserved. I once dropped a snowman sized snowball on an unsuspecting culprit from atop a rooftop perch. Quite satisfying I must say. Two of them had it coming dressed in business suits no less.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Kind of like snowball fights. If you get hit with one, you throw at least one back. You might even put a rock or two in it if the first one was particularly nasty and undeserved. I once dropped a snowman sized snowball on an unsuspecting culprit from atop a rooftop perch. Quite satisfying I must say. Two of them had it coming dressed in business suits no less.
Seems I was following your “don’t start it” philosophy. So we’re in agreement.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Live and let live doesn't apply when one side is discussing whether the other gets civil rights or not.

-Crissa
I don't recall that. Seems a stretch at best.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I don't recall ever accusing you or this thread of it, either.

-Crissa
I wasn't talking about me, Crissa. Don't assume. I was talking about the forum contributors in general since you implied it had been done in the past or might be done in the future, that's all. I don't recall civil rights being brought up off-topic by anyone else but you. That's why I asked. And since there was a huge civil rights movement and subsequent legislation, I believe you violated the "no politics" policy once again. You should watch that. You might get spanked.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why are you being so defensive? Do you disagree that 'live and let live' doesn't work in regards to civil rights? I mentioned it because it's the one flaw with 'live and let live'. Or 'agree to disagree'.

-Crissa