Zenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
As an example, if you search online for ‘nancy’s driveway’, images show a garage w a tiny crappy ‘driveway’…
Sponsored

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
These are townhouses around here. I've never seen a townhouse without a carport or a garage here, even the older ones built in the 70's and 80's. Condos, however, are another story for parking and storage...........

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 4.11.17 PM.png
We have a fairly generously sized two car garage that fits two cars and various junk from the kids etc. If the CT doesn't fit, there is no driveway, well, there is, it's about 5 foot and then there is road. There are loads of townhouses around my area like this where the garages all face each other and exit onto a shared road, well more of a lane. It's actually great in many ways we often join BBQs and parties in that shared lane, the kids play there, we put out traffic control signs just in case.

The downside is no drive way and the only parking is in the garage or in the streets around.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
yeah, clearly I'm somewhat unprepared for the realities of truck ownership. LOL

I think it fits, I hope so! I mean, a Model Y Performance is not a bad fallback, especially if it's the 4680 based version with two gigacastings. Hopefully some nice tech filtered down from the new Model S... but, I want the Mad Max vehicle, not the Star Trek shuttle (model Y).

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Thanks for the clarification.

Here is my prediction. The production version will look almost identical but it will be a tad smaller. I predict 2-3% smaller than the concept size. This will assure Cybertruck’s will comfortably fit through The Boring Company tunnels.

3D62367B-6BD2-44BB-87EF-14360D95AD6E.jpeg
My guess is it will be a bit smaller, but they've retained much of the interior dimensions and bed length etc. that's what Elon means by " would be almost exactly what was shown"...

I'm completely pulling it out of my chocolatey nether regions, so who the hell knows.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
When I left California, they were building houses on 25 ft x 100 ft "lots". They weren't "lots" any more. They were "much lesses". They actually called them "houses" that didn't have "living rooms"; they were more accurately called "breathing rooms". "Bathrooms" became "shower stalls" and Murphy beds came back into vogue. They were built with the "little guy" in mind. I never looked back!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
yeah, clearly I'm somewhat unprepared for the realities of truck ownership. LOL

I think it fits, I hope so! I mean, a Model Y Performance is not a bad fallback, especially if it's the 4680 based version with two gigacastings. Hopefully some nice tech filtered down from the new Model S... but, I want the Mad Max vehicle, not the Star Trek shuttle (model Y).
No worries if it doesn't fit. Just leave the garage door open unless you live in a high crime state or city. Of course, there are remedies for that too!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When I left California, they were building houses on 25 ft x 100 ft "lots". They weren't "lots" any more. They were "much lesses". They actually called them "houses" that didn't have "living rooms"; they were more accurately called...
...So you left in the 20s or 30s when we outlawed the half-lot thing that land speculators did?

Or the 40s when my house was built?

-Crissa

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
No worries if it doesn't fit. Just leave the garage door open unless you live in a high crime state or city. Of course, there are remedies for that too!
I thought about it! Low crime area pretty much, but too much valuable stuff in the garage, I wouldn't feel comfortable sadly.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When I left California, they were building houses on 25 ft x 100 ft "lots". They weren't "lots" any more. They were "much lesses". They actually called them "houses" that didn't have "living rooms"; they were more accurately called "breathing rooms". "Bathrooms" became "shower stalls" and Murphy beds came back into vogue. They were built with the "little guy" in mind. I never looked back!
I left California 3 years ago. Most houses being built were 3500-5500 square foot beasts.

I don't even thing zoning laws allow for 25 foot wide lots in most cities any more. Too many NIMBYs worried tiny lots will devalue their homes.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Parking outside in the snow is a non issue with this. Use your phone app to turn the heat and defrost on half an hour before you are ready to leave. It will be cleaned up and warm by then. Then summon it out of parking to the door and you can hop right into a warm truck that drives over deep snow

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I left California 3 years ago. Most houses being built were 3500-5500 square foot beasts.

I don't even thing zoning laws allow for 25 foot wide lots in most cities any more. Too many NIMBYs worried tiny lots will devalue their homes.
I left in 1976 and never went back except to bury family. Didn't check out lot sizes then, but when I did live there $80,000 homes we simply torn down for the lot value and something nicer built. BTW, the 25 x 100 ft lots were in Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach in those days. I grew up in those two beach cities.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
... I guess things were going to pot after almost a decade of Ronald Reagan at the helm.

-Crissa
Actually no. He did a very good job. If you want to see "going to pot", look no further than Gavin Newsom. He is being recalled in a decidedly blue state after less than 2 years in office. Ronald Reagan was overwhelmingly re-elected to a second term and served both terms. Sour grapes never go far. 8 years served or 2 years and in the process of recall. I guess it depends upon your definition of "going to pot".

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
P.S. There aren't enough Republicans in the state to have even got the recall petition on the ballot, meaning he must have pissed off a large number of Democrats. In a solidly blue state, that says a lot. Let's see what happens, but then I'm not talking politics, just responding to them.
Sponsored